Aberdeen vs Hibs

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Without being funny, but surely McInnes should've realised that before he signed him. Seems bizarre its taken so long. 

If you get a partner who can be a focal point and drag centre halves about, then he'll be a completely different player to when hes trying to take defences on alone.

I read an interview with McInnes earlier this season saying that he has always believed that May does his best work with a partner. He did occasionally play both May and Rooney last season, but it didn't really work - and one was usually shunted wide, if I recall correctly. 

It would be nice if he could get amongst the goals, but he did plenty of good things tonight and against Kilmarnock. I hope it finally clicks for him, as there is certainly no shortage of effort. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on the game. James Wilson is shite. Stevie May is slightly less shite as he runs about a lot but doesn’t pose any goal threat. Lowe was excellent but Devlin was my MOTM. Very disappointed with Hibs - I was at the 0-0 cup game and they were outstanding that evening. McLaren was truly abysmal!

Martin Boyle is shite and has been most of this season because he somehow thinks he's a footballer who can cut inside and try one two's  instead of doing the only thing he is good at and running down the line with no sense of ability. That c**t slivka gives me the boak and Porteous and McGregor give me the fear. Get efe and Hanlon at centre back with Gray at right back ASAP.

Without being funny, but surely McInnes should've realised that before he signed him. Seems bizarre its taken so long. 
If you get a partner who can be a focal point and drag centre halves about, then he'll be a completely different player to when hes trying to take defences on alone.

Don’t think anyone would accuse you of being funny like

7 hours ago, Killiefan said:

8 shots on target in 2 games, you guys are brilliant. That’s a touch fortunate.

I don’t know too many teams that wouldn’t be extremely happy with:

Games - 2

Shots on target - 8

Points - 6.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Games - 2

Shots on target - 8

Points - 6.

Especially when those two games were away at the team with the greatest manager the country has ever seen followed by at home against the team that are effectively 2009 - 2013 vintage Barcelona while we are bottom 6 dross*.

*Copyright Scottish Football Media coverage 2017-18

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Games - 2

Shots on target - 8

Points - 6.

Good 6 points but for a team with a substantial wage bill you really aren’t that good. McKay Steven is about the only  class  player you have these days, McInnes has definitely weakened your squad.

Thought it was the best performance for a while; midfield had bite that was missing for a while, every part of defence was solid and we looked a threat running towards goal. Don’t have a goal scorer tho even if it was one of May’s better matches.

Confidence in Wilson is draining however, another game that seemed to pass him by, effort is there but little else and it must be getting to the point of throwing Anderson in from the start.

Not sure where the radio talk of Hibs deserving a point if not all three comes from. They created a few half decent chances but the only moment of actual concern was when Lewis came flying out of goal only to end up nowhere. Thankfully the Hibs forward ballooned it over.

8 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

My take on the game. James Wilson is shite. Stevie May is slightly less shite as he runs about a lot but doesn’t pose any goal threat. Lowe was excellent but Devlin was my MOTM. Very disappointed with Hibs - I was at the 0-0 cup game and they were outstanding that evening. McLaren was truly abysmal!

Whatever happened to Stevie May?

Saw second half on a stream and highlights of goal. Kamberi and Porteous had a mare. Others were just anonymous though Hibs had more fight in the last 45.

Guest Bob Mahelp
23 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Good 6 points but for a team with a substantial wage bill you really aren’t that good. McKay Steven is about the only  class  player you have these days, McInnes has definitely weakened your squad.

Still really hurting from last week I see.

41 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Whatever happened to Stevie May?

Saw second half on a stream and highlights of goal. Kamberi and Porteous had a mare. Others were just anonymous though Hibs had more fight in the last 45.

My theory is May was very any good. His game was based on his strength and mobility and he hit a purple patch. A bad injury as somewhat limited his pace and his other attributes aren’t there to make up for it. 

Archived