Rangers v Motherwell - Remembrance Sunday

Just now, kennysmassiveego said:

Cup wanking how unbecoming , if your really want to keep it recent where did you finish last year . Or let’s discuss winning the hardest trophy , the one that doesn’t rely on the luck of the draw etc ? 

Luck of the draw? We played against the reincarnation of Ajaxs Total Football team in the Final.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully this thread has taken the focus away from our drubbing.  What with NFL12 ingenious and engaging debate......

What is with Killie fans. Compliment their Manager and the job he is doing and they go tonto ? I have news for you. Almost every fan of every other club thinks that Killie’s upturn in form is down largely to Stevie Clarke.  If you had appointed Oran Kearney or Neil McCann or even stuck with Lee McCulloch you might not being doing so well.  If that upsets you I fear the meltdown when he eventually leaves. 

FWIW I am happy Killie are doing well. Would rather it was us but we got Stephen Robinson. Fine for cup games but the league.....meh. 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Thankfully this thread has taken the focus away from our drubbing.  What with NFL12 ingenious and engaging debate......

What is with Killie fans. Compliment their Manager and the job he is doing and they go tonto ? I have news for you. Almost every fan of every other club thinks that Killie’s upturn in form is down largely to Stevie Clarke.  If you had appointed Oran Kearney or Neil McCann or even stuck with Lee McCulloch you might not being doing so well.  If that upsets you I fear the meltdown when he eventually leaves. 

FWIW I am happy Killie are doing well. Would rather it was us but we got Stephen Robinson. Fine for cup games but the league.....meh. 

No, the original claim was that the only difference was down to Steve Clarke. Now it is “largely” down to Clarke.

Obviously our players are inconsequential???

See where I am coming from?

There's no comparison to Kilmarnock immediately pre-Clarke and us just now. Steve Clarke is obviously a smashing manager and is doing a terrific job but Kilmarnock had the likes of Kris Boyd, Chris Burke, Eamonn Brophy, Gary Dicker & Jordan Jones before he took over, all players who would walk into our current side and improve it. We need to part company with Robinson but that's just for starters, we then need to make the right appointment, somehow shift all of the deadwood and then undertake a massive rebuilding job. It won't be easy for us to get out of the mess we are currently in.

Guest Moomintroll
There's no comparison to Kilmarnock immediately pre-Clarke and us just now. Steve Clarke is obviously a smashing manager and is doing a terrific job but Kilmarnock had the likes of Kris Boyd, Chris Burke, Eamonn Brophy, Gary Dicker & Jordan Jones before he took over, all players who would walk into our current side and improve it. We need to part company with Robinson but that's just for starters, we then need to make the right appointment, somehow shift all of the deadwood and then undertake a massive rebuilding job. It won't be easy for us to get out of the mess we are currently in.
Lee was clearly an excellent scout but a poor manager and he had enough self awareness to realise this when he resigned. I actually think he would make a great DoF with a head coach under him.

37 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Cup wanking how unbecoming , if your really want to keep it recent where did you finish last year . Or let’s discuss winning the hardest trophy , the one that doesn’t rely on the luck of the draw etc ? 

Whit about two girls one cup? No me but somebody I know wanked to that?

19 minutes ago, MJC said:

Hold on...

Our squad has (now) 3 Scotland under 21 internationals. The Northern Ireland international keeper. Curtis Main who was proving a big hit end of last season. Charles Dunne who to me is a very good defender etc etc 

Clearly Killie’s squad is stronger than ours at the moment and CLEARLY they have the better Manager, but a bit disingenuous to say we had or have no decent players in our squad. Albeit hard to say after a 7-1 mauling......

Dunne is hit and miss imo and Main has been largely awful since the Aberdeen semi final way back in April. Cadden is a good player but even he has been poor this season (albeit he's been forced to play wing back for most of it) and obviously David Turnbull has been our one bright spark of late, but it's a big ask of a youngster to lift the team.

We have no out and out goalscorer, no left sided midfielder worthy of the name, still lack a central midfielder and our defence is unbalanced. The players I quoted from Killie would almost certainly improve our squad.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

It was a penalty and a yellow card any day of the week, indeed it was as clear cut a penalty/yellow as you are ever likely to see and anyone trying to claim otherwise is kidding themaelves. What McHugh was doing with his hands up like that inside the box defies belief and yet again he has cost us due to his naievity. That said the rest of the team can't use that as an excuse for the woeful capitulation in the second half. The defending was an embarrassment.

At least McHugh put Himself about , ok a bit too much, but the rest of the ‘Well players just weren’t up to the fight. Maybe give Main pass marks for effort but the rest were dreadful. Tbh they were embarrassing at times in that second half . So much so I felt for the Motherwell fan that paid good money to go today. 100% effort for 90 minutes is the bare minimum we as fans expect 

5 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

At least McHugh put Himself about , ok a bit too much, but the rest of the ‘Well players just weren’t up to the fight. Maybe give Main pass marks for effort but the rest were dreadful. Tbh they were embarrassing at times in that second half . So much so I felt for the Motherwell fan that paid good money to go today. 100% effort for 90 minutes is the bare minimum we as fans expect 

From what I heard and saw from my dodgy stream of the second half, we chucked it in the second half and that's something we've never done under Stephen Robinson but it happened today and I think the end is nigh for him as something is clearly wrong in that dressing room. Obviously a daft red card and the manager stupidly getting himself sent to the stands wouldn't have helped matters but that's no excuse.

The post match reports will mainly be about Rangers running up a cricket score but the truth is they won't get an easier game all season.

26 minutes ago, MJC said:

Dunne is hit and miss imo and Main has been largely awful since the Aberdeen semi final way back in April. Cadden is a good player but even he has been poor this season (albeit he's been forced to play wing back for most of it) and obviously David Turnbull has been our one bright spark of late, but it's a big ask of a youngster to lift the team.

We have no out and out goalscorer, no left sided midfielder worthy of the name, still lack a central midfielder and our defence is unbalanced. The players I quoted from Killie would almost certainly improve our squad.

Yes our players are not playing as well as last season, but most of the Killie players you quote were in Lee McCullochs team when they were every bit as poor as Dundee and St Mirren have been this season.  Prior to Steve Clarke arrival. 

If we went back to that exact time now after what 8 games I very much doubt you would have wanted any Killie players in out team / squad. 

Anyway none of this changes the fact we were very poor today. We also have a tough run of games coming up in Nov / Dec. We need to get back to maximum effort. And hope that Craig Thompson is not referee for any more of our games EVER. 

27 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Jeez.

The villains of the piece are clearly those that reported the incident to the police.

I suggested earlier that the banner betrayed a lack of dignity.  Bob disagreed.

Archived