Missile Throwing

28 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I was hit on the arm by a snowball chucked by an Aberdeen fan about 15 years ago.  That, along with the CS gas canister chucked into the Hibs end by the CSC, surely has to be up there with the worst incidents to blight Scottish football. 

Sky sports Sunday 6pm games?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I could barely hit the floor with a coin.

The fact that someone can fire one from the stand and hit the intended target is actually quite a skill IMO.

I suggested it for The Glasgow Commonwealth Games. I never even got a reply.

Guest Moomintroll
I was hit on the arm by a snowball chucked by an Aberdeen fan about 15 years ago.  That, along with the CS gas canister chucked into the Hibs end by the CSC, surely has to be up there with the worst incidents to blight Scottish football. 
Are you deaf?

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
56 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Are you deaf?

A real effort not to reply to that with "what?".  Anyway, no I'm not deaf.

Guest Moomintroll
Then if you are not being sarcastic, the matching jackets brigade and their equally fuckwitted oppos in Govan surely win that particular prize.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Then if you are not being sarcastic, the matching jackets brigade and their equally fuckwitted oppos in Govan surely win that particular prize.

Well the sleeve on my jacket was a wee bit wet for about twenty minutes after said snowball but in regards to missile throwing, I'd say chucking a CS gas canister into a crowded stand would be the worst instance of this.

Bigoted behaviour, extreme political views and general ballbaggery is a different debate.  You're correct in what you say though.

Guest Moomintroll
Well the sleeve on my jacket was a wee bit wet for about twenty minutes after said snowball but in regards to missile throwing, I'd say chucking a CS gas canister into a crowded stand would be the worst instance of this.
Bigoted behaviour, extreme political views and general ballbaggery is a different debate.  You're correct in what you say though.
Agreed, serious question as I dont remember it when did that CS gas canister incident happen? Absolutely disgusting and it must have happened round about when my older brother was taking me to Celtic games.

I remember being on the Manor Hearts bus during a sortie to Tannadice when a pub stop was taken.

Was around about the early/mid 80's and must have been a SC weekend. We were about to leave when a Hibs bus arrived at the said pub (100% certain they were playing at Muirton Park that day, but unsure if both were cup fixtures or one was a league game. Sure the k.o times were different to avoid trouble as well) and can remember the pub landlord looking like he'd seen a ghost, but thankfully nothing kicked off.

Some of the Manor lads must have thought 'f**k it, we'll nick the pool balls though' and I can remember the clunking noise of them being thrown back and forth at the game on the Tannadice terracing for a good couple of minutes before the plod managed to sort it out.

it is pretty tame compared to what went on in the 80's, killie had a full height fence in the shed so darts were the weapons of choice, going to somerset with its 8' high segregation fence it was anything goes, golf balls (with and without nails), pies, bottles, cans, cups of piss....  Junior grounds were far worse as alcohol bans werent exactly enforced so bottles, cans and as the terraces werent concrete, stones and various other missiles. plus at junior football there was next to no policing so if you wanted bother it was there in bucketloads. Pissed fans, no segregation or police and a ready supply of missiles. certain places were bad, others deadly. scary times 

45 minutes ago, church_of_fudge said:

Here's how it's done. 

Jesus wept! Can you imagine the numerous P and B threads, anger and whataboutery if this were to happen in Scotland nowadays? Also worth noting the police trying to shield the player, most ineffectively, from the downpour of missiles at the corner flag.

Im struggling to remember where it is but I’m sure there is a foreign ground somewhere that has Tannadice style corner walls with a bus stance style canopy overhanging the corner flag. They also have upgraded protection behind the goals and the player’s tunnel. Could be in Turkey itself right enough. Our events this week would pale into insignificance to what goes on over there.

One thing I do always like about foreign incidents like this is that’s the police are called the Polis. Always makes me chuckle.

Archived