Missile Throwing

There’s been a lot this week about missile throwing and assaults on players. We all know what went on at Tynecastle and from what I read in the news, one culprit was outed by fans in the stadium.

Most of the threads have focused on the sectarianism side of things but I’m interested in how often and where this kind of stuff happens. Not whataboutery but instead a more accurate idea of how widespread it is.

We all know it happens at our big games involving Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs but I was also surprised to hear my mate say that it’s happened a few times in lower leagues.

In addition I’d be interested to find out if you yourself have outed one of these arseholes during a game? Or have you wanted to but felt intimidated to do so? How would you approach such an incident if you were the only one that saw it? Or are you even brave enough to admit you’ve thrown something although I doubt you’d get many takers for that one.

I'm especially interested in how the stewards, club and police dealt with it. Ejected immediately? Or were there fans trying to protect the culprit? Or nothing at all.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golf balls were all the rage for a while. Or the mythical golf ball with nails embedded in it.

Hibs have chucked a petrol bomb at Aberdeen. That was quite dangerous. Not at the game though.

I've been hit twice by coins. Both times at game against Rangers. Had a few near misses as well.

Didn't Dundee utd chuck a dart at someone at Pittodrie? A long long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Golf balls were all the rage for a while. Or the mythical golf ball with nails embedded in it.

Hibs have chucked a petrol bomb at Aberdeen. That was quite dangerous. Not at the game though.

I've been hit twice by coins. Both times at game against Rangers. Had a few near misses as well.

Didn't Dundee utd chuck a dart at someone at Pittodrie? A long long time ago.

In Spain and Ireland they have chucked pigs heads on the pitch.. Irish Pigs are bigger

Saw a guy try to throw an Easter Road pie at some player (cant even remember the match) one time from the old terracing. Think the boy was pished, tripped and the pie hit the wall.

Probably the best use for an ER pie though, they are minging.

Archived