Missile Throwing

25 minutes ago, Green Day said:

"Le Chou"

Cabbages starred in the lead up to the Scotland matches in France 98 - basically an homage to the faux world cup that the Fantasy Football tv series had in its opening credits that summer.

Our ones were not spray painted gold, and started to stink after a few hours in the sun and being chucked around the street by some pished up laddies.

All pretty passe compared to a leg of lamb though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7310048.stm

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
I recently witnessed some picks throwing some text at an Airdrie lad.
Traumatic.
What does he even mean with that throwing some text thing?

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes that would have been it.

Was it a four team tournament with Aston Villa and Leicester, or have I made that up?

I only remember it as being a one off friendly and there being loads of trouble.   I seem to remember someone suggested there were lads from some English team with the St Johnstone lads that night.  Maybe you guys had another pre season friendly arranged with an English club as well?

Where’s RandomGuy when you need him?:lol:

Guest Moomintroll
I don't even think he knows. Fast becoming the new "12 Ruel Street".
If he ever finds The Juniors Forum it will be a real meeting of minds.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I only remember it as being a one off friendly and there being loads of trouble.   I seem to remember someone suggested there were lads from some English team with the St Johnstone lads that night.  Maybe you guys had another pre season friendly arranged with an English club as well?

Where’s RandomGuy when you need him?:lol:

Wouldn't know about any English lads, but I remember there being a lot of trouble for a friendly. Think it was the first time we'd played for quite a few years.

It was the summer of Euro 88 in Germany when there was tons of bother with England fans, and I thought some of the Dundee lads were inspired by it, getting pished up and running about the town centre with union flags and chanting national front etc.

1-1 draw I think?

At the old Rugby Park with the floor to roof mesh segregation ,

there was an art form to launching a pie at the correct velocity and trajectory at the fence

so as to maximise the spread of the mince shrapnel as it exploded through the mesh

arguments would break out as poor unsuspecting meat eaters often had their pastry and mince combos snatched from their hungry hands and used for ammunition.

it's the old addage I suppose, it's all fun and games till someone loses a pie !

One of the earliest football memories I have is a game at Pittodrie against Hibs, maybe about 1989 or 1990.

The fans in the Merkland road end spent the match ripping pages out of their programmes to make paper airplanes to throw at the hibs keeper. 

There were hundreds of them and by the end of the game the goal net and grass by the goal line was covered with them. 

It was seen as a bit of harmless fun trying to put off the goalkeeper, no doubt if it happened now it would be lifetime bans all round.

Archived