Missile Throwing

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The whole coin throwing thing is very strange when most fans complain about how expensive football is in this country.

Especially in my case as I like to take along my MVG 24g darts to games . Around thirty quid a go but pretty accurate.

Saying that, I only ever use them if somebody has it coming to them.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is that seats getting flung on to the pitch?

Yes. From the Aberdeen end.

18 minutes ago, CamaroSaint said:

Yeah but did he eat it? 

I thought Stephen Hawking was dead

18 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Golf balls were all the rage for a while. Or the mythical golf ball with nails embedded in it.

Hibs have chucked a petrol bomb at Aberdeen. That was quite dangerous. Not at the game though.

I've been hit twice by coins. Both times at game against Rangers. Had a few near misses as well.

Didn't Dundee utd chuck a dart at someone at Pittodrie? A long long time ago.

i went on a school trip to broughton police station in the 80s; they had a cabinet with things they had confiscated at games. There were golf balls, tennis balls and cudgels with nails through them in amongst the knives. 

Never seen anything close up myself. 

18 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I killed a guy with a trident...

Have their been any attempted reprisals by the victim's friends and family, or would say it's an....

.....effective trident deterrent?...

A cauliflower was thrown at the Cowshed-side linesman at a midweek game in about the mid-2000s; sadly it missed the intended target and rolled onto the pitch instead. 

[emoji23] The idea of taking a cauliflower to a football match.

Saw a linesman get hit with a pie at close range in front of the NW stand at East End. He didn't even brush it off. Just ran the line for the rest of the half with it piled on his ear and shoulder like a greasy parrot. 

Got hit by a sauce bottle thrown by members of the Dundee Utility in a pre-season "friendly" at Muirton Park. They were singing  "U-til-ty national front, U-til-ty national front" so I'm pretty sure it was racetarianism related.

It bounced off my arm and burst all over another lads suede shoes which I remember thinking was justice for wearing suede shoes at the football.

Things being thrown at matches or at buses on away trips wasn't all that uncommon. I remember a few teams had big nets up above the segregation fence to catch missiles, Dunfermline being one.

I imagine the 70's and early 80's must have been far worse though.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Did someone not fling a cabbage at Steve Bruce last month?

"Le Chou"

Cabbages starred in the lead up to the Scotland matches in France 98 - basically an homage to the faux world cup that the Fantasy Football tv series had in its opening credits that summer.

Our ones were not spray painted gold, and started to stink after a few hours in the sun and being chucked around the street by some pished up laddies.

30 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Got hit by a sauce bottle thrown by members of the Dundee Utility in a pre-season "friendly" at Muirton Park. They were singing  "U-til-ty national front, U-til-ty national front" so I'm pretty sure it was racetarianism related.

It bounced off my arm and burst all over another lads suede shoes which I remember thinking was justice for wearing suede shoes at the football.

That wasn’t the Saturday night match in ‘88 was it?  

Archived