Missile Throwing

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:
Well the sleeve on my jacket was a wee bit wet for about twenty minutes after said snowball but in regards to missile throwing, I'd say chucking a CS gas canister into a crowded stand would be the worst instance of this.
Bigoted behaviour, extreme political views and general ballbaggery is a different debate.  You're correct in what you say though.

Agreed, serious question as I dont remember it when did that CS gas canister incident happen? Absolutely disgusting and it must have happened round about when my older brother was taking me to Celtic games.

1987 or 88.  I would have been about two or three so I don't recall it happening but from what I heard from guys who were there and from what I've read on the matter, the gist of it is, some arsehole from the CSC threw the CS gas into part of the ground where Hibs fans where situated.  Wind carries it around the stadium, cue panic and mayhem, fifty bodies plus requiring medical treatment, fans on the pitch, fans fighting, Celtic casuals being battered in the ground and outside the ground.  

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
1987 or 88.  I would have been about two or three so I don't recall it happening but from what I heard from guys who were there and from what I've read on the matter, the gist of it is, some arsehole from the CSC threw the CS gas into part of the ground where Hibs fans where situated.  Wind carries it around the stadium, cue panic and mayhem, fifty bodies plus requiring medical treatment, fans on the pitch, fans fighting, Celtic casuals being battered in the ground and outside the ground.  
That would have fitted in to when I was going to games with my brother before I saw the light and started to follow Killie. f**k being mixed up in that sort of crap, weirdly one of the first games I went to at Rugby Park was a Scottish Cup replay v Hearts, kicked off big time that night but I was hooked straightaway.

I've seen footage of a Celtic fan at Pittodrie picking up a handful of sand and throwing it through a fence at Aberdeen fans. Fortunately no-one was seriously injured. 

I also saw Livingston FC 'business consultant' Hassan Kachloul get hit by a Mars Bar thrown from the Dundee end at Almondvale. The wacky japester picked it up and pretended to start eating it. What a character. 

Eta: I've found the disgraceful footage of the sand throwing Timothy.  

I think the P&J journalist referring to Aberdeen's ground as "Pittodire" is being a tad harsh. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/694916/video-celtic-fans-appear-throw-missiles-aberdeen-supporters-leaving-home-ground/

Guest DAVIDB69

I remember the 80s a Dundee United v Celtic game , united fan getting a dart in the head thrown from the segregated fence when the George fox stand was terracing

Today’s stuff is miles away from what happened on the terraces in 70’s/80’s experienced at Parkhead, Hampden, and The Oval (Belfast) back in the day. Surely we’ve moved on from those days at the football though, with regards to behaviour inside sporting stadia. Just don’t understand why you would suddenly stick your hand in your pocket and launch a pound coin into the air out of frustration? Madness.

The ref was hit by a coin thrown from the Arbroath end at Links Park one time in the mid 90s.  

A couple of years before that the smokies were throwing coins at our keeper, David Larter, he turned round and gave them a GIRFUY when we scored. They grassed on him to the cops and he ended up in court.

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I remember the 80s a Dundee United v Celtic game , united fan getting a dart in the head thrown from the segregated fence when the George fox stand was terracing

Good stuff. 

25 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The ref was hit by a coin thrown from the Arbroath end at Links Park one time in the mid 90s.  

A couple of years before that the smokies were throwing coins at our keeper, David Larter, he turned round and gave them a GIRFUY when we scored. They grassed on him to the cops and he ended up in court.

It's difficult to establish exactly who the biggest twats are...the Arbroath fans, the police or the Proc Fis office. 

Darts, golf balls and sharpened coins were the rainfall of Edinburgh derbies many years ago.

At one of the grounds.

3 minutes ago, Nastro said:

Darts, golf balls and sharpened coins were the rainfall of Edinburgh derbies many years ago.

At one of the grounds.

Sharpened coins? Wow! A level of planning on a far higher level than just throwing something there and then. It’s also defacing the Realm. Tower of London stuff for the perpetrators.

1 minute ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Sharpened coins? Wow! A level of planning on a far higher level than just throwing something there and then. It’s also defacing the Realm. Tower of London stuff for the perpetrators.

Indeed.

Hang 'em high I say.

16 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Two things strike me as odd here. Firstly I had no idea that there were Irishmen playing in Turkey, and secondly what kind of racist idiot Scotsman flies all the way there to throw things at him?

:lol:

Archived