English non-league

GNU_Linux

Jersey Bulls still haven’t had a goal scored against them. A 4-0 home win against Fleet Spurs on Sunday followed up within 24 hours with a 1-0 away win at Westside. Top of their division with 5 wins from 5 games and goal difference of +19.

I was at Bulls vs. Brackley Sat. We look horrendous in defence. Asleep for their goal.

I can’t see us finishing top 5 (as predicted by the experts( unless we see radical changes (particularly in defence) and a decent manager who isn’t a puppet.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Didn’t know this Newky. I think I’m right in saying we’ve been here before ? Wonder who’ll be left to pick up the pieces. 

Not quite sure if made it onto the groundhop app yet but they're  back and by the looks of it ambitious enough to go up a league or 2.  Newcastle Blue Star have started from scratch at Scotswood Sports Centre in the West End of Newcastle near the A1 and are building a stadium suitable to FA standards. Next stop Northern League 🤔

Screenshot_20190919-063329_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-064631_Chrome.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon

On 19/09/2019 at 06:38, newcastle broon said:

Not quite sure if made it onto the groundhop app yet but they're  back and by the looks of it ambitious enough to go up a league or 2.  Newcastle Blue Star have started from scratch at Scotswood Sports Centre in the West End of Newcastle near the A1 and are building a stadium suitable to FA standards. Next stop Northern League 🤔

Screenshot_20190919-063329_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190919-064631_Chrome.jpg

Good to see them back. Sure I saw them playing at Rugby ground a few years ago. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Good to see them back. Sure I saw them playing at Rugby ground a few years ago. 

Yes Rab they played at Druids Park next to the airport,that ground is now Wheatsheaf Park home of West Allotment Celtic,they then got a bit ambitious and moved to Kingston Park rugby ground where unfortunately after winning promotion from the Northern League ended up folding as a result of the costs involved regarding what they were due on Druids Park. They did have problems commuting to the north west and beyond as well. 

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes Rab they played at Druids Park next to the airport,that ground is now Wheatsheaf Park home of West Allotment Celtic,they then got a bit ambitious and moved to Kingston Park rugby ground where unfortunately after winning promotion from the Northern League ended up folding as a result of the costs involved regarding what they were due on Druids Park. They did have problems commuting to the north west and beyond as well. 

Cheers Newky that was the one Kingston Park. Steve Bowey ex Queen of the South was player manager at the time. 

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/club-statement/

Hartlepool's statement after yesterday's vile carry-on.

The match was stopped after continued racial abuse from the home end towards both Dover Athletic's and THEIR OWN black players.

Is the North East the most intolerant part of England? In my experience the answer to that is definitely yes.

Did they play at Druids Park around 1985?
I vaguely remember playing against them there back then.
We were all down in Newcastle for a long weekend that year and decided to arrange a game between drinking sessions.
Our team had guest appearances from Staurt Munro ( ex Rangers ).. Bruan Purdie ( ex Falkirk ) Tam Ward ( ex Falkirk )... think we got beat 3-1 .... most of our team suffering badly from a few wee drams the night before.
Can remember the ground being on the way to the airport.

15 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Did they play at Druids Park around 1985?
I vaguely remember playing against them there back then.
Can remember the ground being on the way to the airport.

Yes thatll be them. Ground is next to the airport Premier Inn by the wheatsheaf pub. 

Guernsey FC played their first home game of the season last Sunday defeating VCD Athletic 3-1. After 8 games they are 4th on 15 points, 3 off the top. Tomorrow they might go mad away to Barking as they play in the FA Trophy for the first time since the 2016/17 season.

• 1 month later...