English non-league

GNU_Linux

On 22/05/2019 at 16:05, newcastle broon said:

Life in the old dog yet :)

Gateshead F C kicked out National League. There was hope now they'll have to appeal. Not looking good. 

https://twitter.com/MarkCarruthers_/status/1131956360453795840?s=19

Edited by newcastle broon

Gateshead F C kicked out National League. There was hope now they'll have to appeal. Not looking good. 
Getting back control of club & starting off in a lower tier may be better in the long run imo. Feck knows what they'll do for a ground though.

28 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Getting back control of club & starting off in a lower tier may be better in the long run imo. Feck knows what they'll do for a ground though.

Time to let it go and move on. There's no shortage of grounds around there that are Northern League compliant. I think there might be an empty one somewhere near by. I'll do some research.

Jarrow Roofing will be lying empty, possibly Team Northumbria and West Allotment's old park. The latter two aren't their catchment area though.

There was another, possibly belonging to NL and used for cup finals after a team went bust.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Might be Jarrow Roofing you're thinking of, who recently quit the Northern League. So did Team Northumbria but their ground is part of the university campus, I think.

4 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Might be Jarrow Roofing you're thinking of, who recently quit the Northern League. So did Team Northumbria but their ground is part of the university campus, I think.

You'll see I was editing. The one I can't remember will but me all night. I think it belonged to a ...something Colliery.

You were indeed editing while I posted that. :)

I'll take a guess at Eppleton Colliery Welfare, their ground was recently hosting the Durham Challenge Cup Final.

2 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

You were indeed editing while I posted that. :)

I'll take a guess at Eppleton Colliery Welfare, their ground was recently hosting the Durham Challenge Cup Final.

That's the one, still well maintained, but too far away. Durham have left theirs as well I think, but probably not available due to local politics.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's the one, still well maintained, but too far away. Durham have left theirs as well I think, but probably not available due to local politics.

The owner was devious enough to try and groundshare Kingston Park stadium in Newcastle which the fans were totally against. Like you say gonnae be difficult to find somewhere locally in the Gateshead area. Good luck to them wherever they end up though. 

Other news interesting that Alan Armstrong Blyth Spartans manager this week left the club for Darlington. One of the players left Blyth to play 2 leagues below wi Morpeth Town. The Blyth board said they needed 1000+ crowds to sustain the level they are at and obviously  it looks like targets have not been met.

Edited by newcastle broon

On 24/05/2019 at 19:44, newcastle broon said:

Other news interesting that Alan Armstrong Blyth Spartans manager this week left the club for Darlington. One of the players left Blyth to play 2 leagues below wi Morpeth Town. The Blyth board said they needed 1000+ crowds to sustain the level they are at and obviously  it looks like targets have not been met.

Hes ending up taking half the Blyth team with him  ? 

Blyth appoint new manager today. I think hes got his work cut oot wi all the cutbacks. 

Screenshot_20190601-131607_Twitter.jpg