English non-league

GNU_Linux

Seeing as the 'best league in the world[emoji769]' and the football league have threads figured a thread covering the rest of English football would be worth a punt.

In the conference Wrexham lead the way with Leyton Orient & money bags Salford on their tails. In the North Chorley are top with Braford PA, Spennymoor & Kidderminster in pursuit. South has bank rolled Billericay top with Welling & Woking a few points back.

Enjoying catching the English non league around about all the early and late kick offs in the best league in the world. 

Was at Enfield Borough 0 Broadfields United 0 in the South Spartan Midlands League yesterday before going to the Emirates. Nice ground but the game was horrific. Crowd 16. 

C4402EA9-761A-4450-B72D-FA81705F6A47.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

When I lived in England I always enjoyed going to non-league games. Seen many lovely grounds, especially in the north of England. I'm planning a weekend south of the border again early February, hopefully I can go to some nice games then.

Guest Moomintroll

They have underperformed for years but living down here I can tell you that Wrecsam have plenty of money behind them, they are the Gog equivalent of Team Bath or CMU.

ETA I just ATM Machined it, poor show.

• 2 months later...

Ultimate Scenes ending to a game between Chesterfield and Ebbsfleet.  Ebbsfleet go 3-0 up, Chesterfield bring it back to 3-2 and equalize in the 95th minute.  Chesterfield goalie then gets sent off and concedes a penalty, a defender has to go in goal and promptly saves the penalty to preserve a draw

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Ultimate Scenes ending to a game between Chesterfield and Ebbsfleet.  Ebbsfleet go 3-0 up, Chesterfield bring it back to 3-2 and equalize in the 95th minute.  Chesterfield goalie then gets sent off and concedes a penalty, a defender has to go in goal and promptly saves the penalty to preserve a draw

And even more special: that defender who saved the penalty was the same guy who scored the equaliser in the 95th minute. Truly the hero of the game for them.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Colwyn Bay currently in the Northern Premier League Division One West (tier 8 overall) are considering a move to the Welsh leagues

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2019/02/25/colwyn-bay-football-association-wales/

...the final option would be to move into local Welsh football...The club have tonight reluctantly decided to explore a possible return to Welsh football...The chairman and manager agreed their hearts want to stay in England...They are to hold talks with the FA of Wales later this week.

Well, they're certainly off to a flyer in building a case for the Welsh to let them join up.

Used to live in Tonbridge and went to see the Angels on occasion.
They got into the Conference South for a couple of years, but are currently bobbing around the tier below that.
A particularly memorable match was a 3-3 draw versus Merthyr Tydfil in the FA Cup qualifiers. They always find a way to blow qualification for the FA Cup proper.

Never realised Solihull Moors were only formed in 2007, a merger between Moor Green & Solihull Borough.

Sitting 2nd in the National League under Tim Flowers. Certainly going better than heavily bankrolled Salford.

Their crowds have steadily risen since 2007 from about 300 to 800-1000.