English non-league

GNU_Linux

Guest Moomintroll
& just like that Tamplin has .surfaced at Isthmian North Division club Romford FC. Long serving manager Paul Martin has been punted on the eve of his 500th game in charge
RIP Romford FC at some point in the next 24 months. Why do arseholes like him continue to be allowed to wreck clubs, maybe Steve "Interesting" Davis can help pick up the pieces afterwards.

Pretty big story coming out of the Northern Premier, with Ossett Town (now merged with Ossett Albion to form Ossett United) being found liable for loss of earnings after an opposition player was injured in a match at Ingfield.

Unfortunately for the merged club, Town still own one asset - the stadium. Facing costs of over £100k, the club’s existence is at risk.

https://www.ossettutd.com/news/article/landmark-case-threatens-all-sport/

Consequences for football at that level could, in theory, be huge.

Selfishly, having a soft spot for Town (and subsequently United) based on drunken away trips, I’ve ended up taking an interest in this one!

I went down to London at the weekend primarily to see my Brother who is terminally ill. Was not meeting up with him till Sunday so took the opportunity to knock off another National League ground on Saturday. I had a choice of 4 in the London area but went with Dagenham and Redbridge v Aldershot as its an ex football league ground and I would like to do all of those on top of the 92.

It was a good choice I think as Dagenham raced into a 4-0 lead in 24 minutes and really should have had a penalty in the 27th minute when the Aldershot keeper brought down the Dagenham striker in the box. The ref seemed to bottle that decision as he may have had to send the keeper off and Aldershot may well have been 5-0 down after 27 mins and down to 10 men.

Final score was 6-1 and its a nice little ground with a great bar that accepts anyone. Recommended if you get the chance.  It's the 11th current national league ground I have been to and now have only 2 of the current 92 to do plus Cove to recomplete the Scottish 42.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Bury AFC have submittted an application to join the North West Counties Football League (tiers 9 & 10 or NLS step 5 & 6).

https://nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=7980

Interesting, as Bury FC haven't been liquidated, it could be a means of allowing Bury a route back into the pyramid.

The Isle of Man applying is quite interesting. Never got the impression there was a lot of money in the NWCL and I was wondering if IoM would have to pay other clubs expenses or will they be helped centrally?

I’d imagine they’ll be accepted on the same basis that Jersey & Guernsey were accepted, in which they have to pay for the travel costs of visiting sides.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’d imagine they’ll be accepted on the same basis that Jersey & Guernsey were accepted, in which they have to pay for the travel costs of visiting sides.

Talking of Jersey, the Bulls have played 19, won 19, goals for 71 against 5.

On 18/11/2019 at 15:25, codfish said:

Pretty big story coming out of the Northern Premier, with Ossett Town (now merged with Ossett Albion to form Ossett United) being found liable for loss of earnings after an opposition player was injured in a match at Ingfield.

Unfortunately for the merged club, Town still own one asset - the stadium. Facing costs of over £100k, the club’s existence is at risk.

https://www.ossettutd.com/news/article/landmark-case-threatens-all-sport/

Consequences for football at that level could, in theory, be huge.

Selfishly, having a soft spot for Town (and subsequently United) based on drunken away trips, I’ve ended up taking an interest in this one!

Whole thing is scummy front start to finish. The actual compensation awarded was only £19k. The remaining £135k is the winning solicitors' legal costs. They will have  been acting on instructions. Absolute c**t of a boy  by the name of Rees Welsh who's made the decision to instruct them.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...