East Fife V Raith Rovers

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

f**k off

Absolutely nae luck with Vaughan regarding injuries. We need at least Duggan back soon, because at the minute Nisbet is carrying us virtually by himself.

No midfield options and no striker options beyond the untried kids....

After the chaos of the last derby at starks, i genuinely have no idea how this will work out. We have been on a good run, and there are goals in our squad so hopefully we get back to winning ways.

Genuine question for Raith fans tho, do you reckon you are in a better position for this derby when you weigh up your current squad injuries v having the new management team rather than 1 tactic Smith? From memory i cant remember who was missing from your squad when we met earlier in the season, but i do remember being surprised how well we competed when at the time our form had been terrible. Wondering if Mcglynn (similar to D Young now he has settled) is managing to get that bit extra out of the players now with a different system?

After the chaos of the last derby at starks, i genuinely have no idea how this will work out. We have been on a good run, and there are goals in our squad so hopefully we get back to winning ways.

Genuine question for Raith fans tho, do you reckon you are in a better position for this derby when you weigh up your current squad injuries v having the new management team rather than 1 tactic Smith? From memory i cant remember who was missing from your squad when we met earlier in the season, but i do remember being surprised how well we competed when at the time our form had been terrible. Wondering if Mcglynn (similar to D Young now he has settled) is managing to get that bit extra out of the players now with a different system?

I think with the injuries we have and with the management we have we should strive to win or atleast take a draw. If Smith was still in charge (god forbid) we’d lose easily. The Fife have been in good form and it’ll be tight this weekend for both.

That's horrendous news about Vaughan. Pretty sure that's the second time this season we've had a player who's been injured by opposition players and out for months (along with Hendry up at Forfar).

Gillespie was injured by a robust challenge over by the dugout, too. I’m not sure how much to read into that, but Arbroath definitely went after Vaughan to kick him off the of the park.

I think this game has the potential to be an absolute cracker. Don’t think anyone can confidently say they know they will win. Makes the trip even more exciting. My first time at bayview so better not be a 0-0 [emoji23]

Our team in the 2-2 game:

Wright

Watson
Murray
Bene
McKay

Matthews
Wedderburn
Gillespie
Flanagan

Buchanan
Nisbet

Our probable line up for this game:

Thomson

Crane
Davo
Bene
Murray

Milne
Wedderburn
Matthews
Flanagan

Buchanan
Nisbet

Gillespie is the only real big miss when you compare the two teams. You could argue Crane is probably a better left back than Watson and Matthews being played in the centre rather than out wide is a positive. Murray, as we're beginning to see, is not a right back which is a position I worry about. 

Any news on Currie being back? If he is then we will only be missing Davidson in midfield.

I feel it’s now or never for us to actually beat Raith with their injury list and us in relatively decent form.

Currie is the only one we have missing, Davidson is back, he only got a one match ban!!!

Gillespie was injured by a robust challenge over by the dugout, too. I’m not sure how much to read into that, but Arbroath definitely went after Vaughan to kick him off the of the park.

Aye pretty poor of them to go after a player who’s known to be injury prone.

I can’t see Milne starting this weekend at all, if rumours are to be true that it’s imminent we’re about to sign a winger, then Milne will be on the bench (thank f#ck!).
. Thomson
Murray Davo Bene Crane
Matthews Wedderburn Stevenson
‘New Winger’. Flanagan
. Nisbet

I’ve got a works night out on Friday, and I’ll be going to this most likely feeling like a big bag of sh!te, so please Rovers - just get the Win, so it makes me feel slightly more upbeat the Saturday night

Archived