East Fife V Raith Rovers

I’d completely forgot about Superhans. Has he posted recently? I always thought he was a friend/relative of Barry Smith.
As said elsewhere it won’t be pretty, hopefully we can grind it out. Would bite your hand off for a 1-0. However, that would need Scott Agnew not to score against us for once which seems unlikely. 
Could Superhans have been Barry Smith? He was very protective of him was he not?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think we have any other option but to go with the same lineup as we did against Brechin. Don't think any of our injuries will be cleared up by Saturday, assumed Duggan might have been fit but he's still a couple of weeks away from coming back. Encouraging though that young Stevenson and Smith seem to have shown some promise the latter of which was a lively player on Saturday. Need a similar performance that we saw on Saturday from Flanagan as he's really the main creative spark for King Kev. 

A scrappy 1-0 away win. 

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true!!!

IMG_4545.thumb.jpg.a11772ceb82a6e90f9b1db5e5424d5a0.jpg

Could Superhans have been Barry Smith? He was very protective of him was he not?

Superhans was on the Rovers Thread talking pish long before Smith was there, wasn't he???

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true!!!

You seem wound up by the fact King Kev currently plays in the glorious navy blue and scoring goals for fun. Next you'll be saying you wouldn't want him in your team ;)

You seem wound up by the fact King Kev currently plays in the glorious navy blue and scoring goals for fun. Next you'll be saying you wouldn't want him in your team [emoji6]

Not wound up in the slightest neebs, class shows through and there's tons of it with King Kev (the one and only)!!!
You do seem bothered about it though!!![emoji6]

Think we will end up dropping points here. Injuries have cut us a bit too deep, and whilst we are good enough to see out games like Saturday without too much fuss, games like this one often require a bit more quality – and I think the loss of Gillespie/Vaughan/Hendry is just that bit too much.  

Love to be proved wrong though, Nisbet has easily been the best striker in the league so far and on his current form is good enough to create goals out of very little. 

Think we will end up dropping points here. Injuries have cut us a bit too deep, and whilst we are good enough to see out games like Saturday without too much fuss, games like this one often require a bit more quality – and I think the loss of Gillespie/Vaughan/Hendry is just that bit too much.  
Love to be proved wrong though, Nisbet has easily been the best striker in the league so far and on his current form is good enough to create goals out of very little. 
Nisbet almost has double the goals of the next highest scorer in the league. Pretty incredible turn of events. He really does look a class above.

9 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Looks like we'll have to keep an aye on this young Nispen character.

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

This “Young Nispen character” scored both goals the last game against you.

12 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Exactly.

:huh:

Just so we are clear on this.

You'll be keeping an eye on him same as last time.... and  you are expecting him to hit (at least) another brace.

Not got a great feeling about this from a Raith point of view.
We’ve been scraping results (or in some cases not) against weaker opposition than the Fife recently.

I fear the injury list may prove too much of a handicap this week.
I also delight in being proved wrong- Hopefully ‘Nispen’ gets a hat-trick.

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Not got a great feeling about this from a Raith point of view.
We’ve been scraping results (or in some cases not) against weaker opposition than the Fife recently.

I fear the injury list may prove too much of a handicap this week.
I also delight in being proved wrong- Hopefully ‘Nispen’ gets a hat-trick.

Same. Think the Fife will be a bit too strong for us this time round. They've been on a great run (albeit a blip against Dumbarton) whilst we've struggled.

Long overdue home win with Frank Connor choking to death on a steak pie at full time.

:huh: Just so we are clear on this. You'll be keeping an eye on him same as last time.... and  you are expecting him to hit (at least) another brace.

Obviously we'll be watching out for him he's your only threat, especially from dead balls[emoji6]!!!

But just so we are clear on this!!!

Will you be keeping an eye on Scott Agnew the same as last time.... and are you expecting him to hit (at least) another brace???

Same. Think the Fife will be a bit too strong for us this time round. They've been on a great run (albeit a blip against Dumbarton) whilst we've struggled.
Long overdue home win with Frank Connor choking to death on a steak pie at full time.

Watch he doesn't try to kop a feel!!!

46 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Obviously we'll be watching out for him he's your only threat, especially from dead ballsemoji6.png!!!

But just so we are clear on this!!!

Will you be keeping an eye on Scott Agnew the same as last time.... and are you expecting him to hit (at least) another brace???

touché monsieur.

Archived