East Fife V Raith Rovers

5 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Some o' us need tae calm doon a wee bit!!

We have 5  quality players unavailable through injury, in some cases long term; we don't have a divine right to steamroll the rest of the League, despite us being full time.

Fair play to The Fife, they have been the form team for a while now, we have been grinding results out, apart from the Dumbarton game. They deserved their win today.

This is the month of November....nothing is won in November......May is along way off.

Unfortunately by the time these guys are back it might be too  late.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

There are nine part time teams in this league, and we’re above eight of them. Pretty incredible considering they’ve considerably more fight than us.

It’s almost like being full time is some kind of advantage.

Tell that to a part time Arbroath who are 10 points clear! How ever you want to dress it up it's poor.

Mcglynn has improved us in some areas but that team is still very, very soft and over games like today and Forfar there appears to be little tangible evidence of full time football.  It certainly has to give us more than sitting ten points behind Arbroath and having been marginally better over the season so far than the other playoff teams. 

I thought Mcglynn would win us the title but i would revise that, he hasn't improved us enough in our major weak areas and over looking McKay today was such a disastrous move.  

55 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Well played East Fife wanted it more and got what you deserved in the end as for the Rovers we just don’t seam to want it enough and like the Forfar game away a few weeks ago the same has happened again out fought 2nd half, As  for the Goalkeeper being sent off 100% correct by the Ref should have shown  a bit more class instead of completely goading the away support after each goal was scored when he should have waited until full time to give it big licks. Regarding the John McGlynn situation the ref was happy where McGlynn was standing it wasnt until Jack and Victor got involved needlessly that things got out of hand and at the end of the day he’s not a normal punter he’s a club official who should be shown the respect that he’s intitled to . 

So McGlynn should be shown respect when he is actually fuelling the situation. Shouldn't a manager have a bit more decorum about him when representing his club. He has obviously spoken out of turn to the Assistant Ref and should have taken his punishment gracefully. As has previously been stated, there is a seat designated for such circumstances and if he had went to it he might have received a bit sympathy.

9 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

There are nine part time teams in this league, and we’re above eight of them. Pretty incredible considering they’ve considerably more fight than us.

It’s almost like being full time is some kind of advantage.

Tell that to Arbroath who are 10 points ahead of us.

First of all, a huge thank you to the East Fife office staff who were extremely helpful when I called them and said I'd left my match tickets on the train from Edinburgh. For whatever reason we had a photo of the tickets, and were able to show the club staff this and they got a steward to accompany us into the stand. Could've very easily just made us buy two new tickets so I am super appreciative that they helped us as much as they did. Just a shame that the game went the way it did.

With the chances we had in the first half, we should've been out of sight. Buchanan has scored a good goal; absolutely bizarre from an EF point of view though. It was like a goal that you'd concede in a game of 5-a-sides. Received the ball 30 yards out, nutmegged the centre half and smashed it *sort of* in the corner from the edge of the box. Why was the other centre half not covering? I'd have been disappointed to lose that goal when I played Sunday league. Buchanan then missed two unbelievable chances. The first he headed straight at the goalie from less than 10 yards, the second he headed straight over the bar. No one really near him either time. If we'd gone in 3-0 at half time I'm not sure any EF fan would've had much to complain about.

Second half we were second best. We looked desperately like a team who needed to make a substitution but didn't have any players on the bench who could make the required impact. As I said previously, I think when we took Buchanan off we should've gone three in the middle and put Stevenson on in his place. By replacing Buchanan with Jack Smith and then Armstrong for Stevenson we let the game continue to be wide open which only benefited East Fife in the closing stages. In my opinion we could've closed the game up a lot more and stopped East Fife having so much of the ball by going to 3 centre midfielders. Nat is a good player, and I like him because he always wants to pass the ball - even when under pressure, but when  you're up against it and he's part of a midfield two we will get overrun.

I'd be interested to see what the referee wrote down when he sent the goalie off. Is it a red card offence to goad the opposition fans? I know he did it twice but I was totally surprised to see him produce the red card. Maybe something happened that I totally missed, but from what I saw it looked very harsh. Well done to East Fife. They must've got a rocket up their arse from Young at half time and they came out looking like a different side after the break. Ten points is a big gap, even at this stage. We need to get to January without getting anyone else injured. By my reckoning, Davidson going off at half time today leaves us with 13 fit senior players, but two of them are goalkeepers. Nothing won in November of course, but Arbroath now being able to lose three more games than us between now and the end of the season really isn't a premium position to be in. 

2 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

The club have a reserved seat at both sides in case a manager gets sent to the stand. These seats have to be far enough away that they can not communicate with the dug out. I believe they have to be at least 30 feet away. This came from the Referees Supervisor. Hence the reason for the insistence that he move to the designated seat. Hope this clarifies.

I have it on good authority that the designated seat was indeed 30 feet away, although not in the directors box but 30 feet to the left.

This seat was occupied due to the tickets passed to us by East Fife to Raith Rovers was sold to a supporter.

A situation that could have been avoided if smith gets booked for the foul on thomson. Did see a few folk getting too involved in it all, but missed the guy swinging the chair around his head.  

That's not really much of a defence for your manager losing the plot though is it??? 

Tbf when you rewatch the incident you'll see that it was pretty soft, Thomson was starting his yell and going down before King Kev actually hit him, if he had stood his ground then a booking would have been merited as Kev would have smashed him, which may have been the original intent!!!

As for chair-swinging halfwit man, do the initials RM mean anything, think he's got previous for that sort of shite!!!

Didn’t give us a wave when he got his marching orders

Think he was waved out man!!![emoji6]

Regarding the John McGlynn situation the ref was happy where McGlynn was standing it wasnt until Jack and Victor got involved needlessly that things got out of hand and at the end of the day he’s not a normal punter he’s a club official who should be shown the respect that he’s intitled to . 

Rubbish!!!

The referee knew nothing about it at the time and had assumed that Honeydew had simply went and sat in his seat in the stand, and not remained standing behind the dugout conferring with his assistant, which isn't allowed and kind of defeats the purpose of the punishment and probably explains why he has been reported by the referee to the League!!!

And respect is a two way thing btw his continual blanking of the security personnel and then the Club Officials shows the size of the man!!!

You may have noticed the two Police Officers following the teams down the tunnel, from what I've heard we haven't heard the last of McGlynn's indiscretion!!!

I have it on good authority that the designated seat was indeed 30 feet away, although not in the directors box but 30 feet to the left.

This seat was occupied due to the tickets passed to us by East Fife to Raith Rovers was sold to a supporter.

So you're saying there was a seat for him to go and sit on, we knew that but thanks anyway!!!

Firstly, it’s very refreshing to see so many Rover fans congratulating East Fife on a deserved victory. Would have had no complaints if we had been 3-0 down at half time as we gave the ball away cheaply on numerous occasions and seemed to be in awe of the full timers. I didn’t think the challenge,which ultimately led to to McGlynn sent to the stand, merited a yellow card. What followed was extremely stupid on McGlynns part. He tried to stand just the other side of the barrier from the Raith dugout and was asked to move a number of times. when he eventually sat on a seat it was a couple of rows behind the dugout which did not meet the requirements of being far enough away to prevent communication with the coaching staff. Things got very heated with a number of Rovers fans becoming irate and quite aggressive towards EF officials and staff. Two police officers went down the tunnel with the Raith chairman at half time and no doubt had words with the Raith Manager.
In the second half, East Fife came out stronger with more belief and started to create chances. The defence looked solid and we started passing the ball quicker going forward. Raith started to try to waste time and run down the clock at every opportunity which they are entitled to do but disappointing from a full time outfit. When Kevin Smith equalised, Brett Long celebrated in front of the Rovers fans and as far as I’m aware wasn’t spoken to by the Referee. When Dunsmore got the winner, Long celebrated again in front of the Rovers fans but this time the Referee gave him a Red card.
Spoke to Crawford Allan who was the Referee supervisor today and he said it was for goading away fans which could have started crowd trouble. Surely John McGlynn was culpable by his actions as things could have gotten more ugly with Rovers fans approaching stewards and EF officials who were trying to do their job. Don’t be surprised if McGlynn gets a ban as it’ll no doubt be mentioned in the Referees report. We see players celebrate wildly, especially former players (Linn & Wallace to name two) when they score against us. If Long has done this to Brechin fans, he probably wouldn’t even have been booked.
Thought the Rovers missed Davo in the second half. I think some Rovers fans saying that Nisbet was poor today should maybe ask themselves why and maybe give a bit more credit to the East Fife defenders especially Daryl Meggatt who didn’t give him the time and space to hurt us.
I’m sure the Rovers will come good when players return from injury and they make a few signings in Jan, but I think it may come too late to catch Arbroath who continue to grind out results. Great credit to Darren Young, Tony McMinn and Lindsay Hamilton who managed to change things in the second half and give the players the belief that they could get something from the game.
Only 7 weeks to the next derby at Starks !

Archived