East Fife V Raith Rovers

Could have, and should have, had that won in the first half. Another poor sub from McGlynn/Paul Smith with Watson on (should have gone for McKay). Nisbet had a poor game and the ever desperate long ball to him just wasn’t working but we didn’t do anything to change how we played! Armstrong looks like he might go on and do a job for us at least but we didn’t play well at all second half, thought Matthews was particularly anonymous. Overall a very bad team performance second half and plenty poor individual performances.

10 points behind now. It really is starting to slip away from us. If we don’t go on a run and win 3/4/5 games in a row that will be us done. I’ll be keeping the play off dates free in May, that’s for sure.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know leagues aren’t won and lost at this stage, but that’s a huge gap we have to claw back, but its tough to see where arbroaths defeats will start coming from.

Quite, while they’re not going to go the full season without defeat they’ve done nothing wrong yet and don’t look like slipping up, by the time they have a sticky patch we could well be too far behind already. Nothing is won in November but Arbroath are doing Everything right.

For the Arbroath fans that might be tempted to have a wee gloat though, be careful, things can and do turn against you very quickly in this league and bottles can crash.

Not the Chairman, the Stadium Security Manager who was trying to show him to an empty seat!!!
Ah right. Some folk were giving him pelters. Had some swagger about him. Looked like he could care less.

First time I've experienced the wallopers of our support too. Some absolute belters. Thank Christ the next game I'll be at I'll be miles away from them.

The situation wasnt helped by the fact that when you are sent to the stand in bayview, the place was practically full. There wasnt much places for him to sit. But your poor stewards and whoever the suits were, still insisted he moved.

The club have a reserved seat at both sides in case a manager gets sent to the stand. These seats have to be far enough away that they can not communicate with the dug out. I believe they have to be at least 30 feet away. This came from the Referees Supervisor. Hence the reason for the insistence that he move to the designated seat. Hope this clarifies.

We were well outgunned in the Ned count today by a country mile including chief Ned McGlynn.

must say though that the majority of Raith posters on this thread have been very courteous and reasonable in their comments.

The referee was totally out his depth today and absolutely crap for BOTH teams.

Thought that Meggatt was outstanding in defence but feel sorry for goalkeeper Brett Long who was only conversing in sign language to the deaf Raith supporters.

Remember especially this weekend that it's only a game of football

The club have a reserved seat at both sides in case a manager gets sent to the stand. These seats have to be far enough away that they can not communicate with the dug out. I believe they have to be at least 30 feet away. This came from the Referees Supervisor. Hence the reason for the insistence that he move to the designated seat. Hope this clarifies.

Did not know that. From our seats it looked like there was no where to sit.

Well played East Fife wanted it more and got what you deserved in the end as for the Rovers we just don’t seam to want it enough and like the Forfar game away a few weeks ago the same has happened again out fought 2nd half, As  for the Goalkeeper being sent off 100% correct by the Ref should have shown  a bit more class instead of completely goading the away support after each goal was scored when he should have waited until full time to give it big licks. Regarding the John McGlynn situation the ref was happy where McGlynn was standing it wasnt until Jack and Victor got involved needlessly that things got out of hand and at the end of the day he’s not a normal punter he’s a club official who should be shown the respect that he’s intitled to . 

For the Arbroath fans that might be tempted to have a wee gloat though, be careful, things can and do turn against you very quickly in this league and bottles can crash.

Know this all too well... check out season 14/15 for us, cruised it till xmas then won 2 from 18 or something still finished 3rd comfortably. That was under Allan Moore though...

DC knows what he's doing, we'll strengthen in January too I imagine. See what happens, put ourself in a great position

We were well outgunned in the Ned count today by a country mile including chief Ned McGlynn.
must say though that the majority of Raith posters on this thread have been very courteous and reasonable in their comments.
The referee was totally out his depth today and absolutely crap for BOTH teams.
Thought that Meggatt was outstanding in defence but feel sorry for goalkeeper Brett Long who was only conversing in sign language to the deaf Raith supporters.
Remember especially this weekend that it's only a game of football

The ref gave east fife a lot more silly wee fouls than he gave raith. I agree though he was out of his depth, lost control of that game even before half time.

Your defence did do well against nisbett and were quick to close down our wingers and strikers when they wanted that one extra touch.

Congrats East Fife, after 31 years, 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go then a last minute winner must have been fucking #scenes and felt tremendous!

We should have been a couple of goals ahead at half time but we didn’t turn up for the second half and East Fife thoroughly deserved their win. Think we can pretty much give the league to Arbroath now too, 10 points is a helluva gap to turn around even at this stage.

Enjoy your night East Fife fans, not sure what the keeper was sent off for? Clearly goaded the Rovers fans but surely only a booking? 

Archived