East Fife V Raith Rovers

A hostile atmosphere basically created by your own moronic manager!!!

Who by the way, was the halfwit down the front at both situations, you couldn't miss him, Raith top, interesting haircut, swinging a chair about his head???

The situation wasnt helped by the fact that when you are sent to the stand in bayview, the place was practically full. There wasnt much places for him to sit. But your poor stewards and whoever the suits were, still insisted he moved.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First things first, well done to East Fife and their fans. They did brilliantly to put pressure on during the second half and we can't have any complaints given the number of chances we had in the first half.

The game seemed to be lost with Davo going off. We lost a presence at the back, and Jamie Watson looked really poor. Personally, I would've been happy to see McKay in there instead with Murray remaining out wide. Either way in January, I be hopeful we'll bring in a new right back.

It's grim looking at the table tonight, but so far this season our defence have looked under pressure, and in turn unwilling to play it out the back. The second half was an excellent example of that. Nisbet was key in a lot of link up play on the first, but he looked stranded in the second and had little to no influence going forward.

Enjoy your night lads. The celebrations of your players and management at the end showed how happy they were to get the monkey off their back. I'm sure your fans will be the same.

Very much this. Not sure why McGlynn didn’t bring on McKay at the interval and leave Euan Murray where he was. As much as he’s supposed to be a centre-half by trade, I don’t like him in there at all and prefer him at full back.

We missed a glut of chances in the first half but never got started in the second.

Buchanan, Flanagan and Armstrong all started brightly but faded after the interval. Nothing really came off for Nisbet and the midfield just got deeper and deeper the longer the game went on.

At one point Flanagan was raging as he tried to press, but Wedderburn was about 10-15 yards deeper than he should have been, and a mile away from his man.

I actually thought the Brett Long thing was great. I’ve the utmost respect for that level of bammery.

Finally, fair play to East Fife, they deserved it for their second half performance. It must be a great feeling to get one over us at long last. Enjoy your evening.

Enjoy your night Fife fans. 30 years is a long time to wait but it probably feels worth it just now.

As for us, well that's two away games in a row we've thrown away in the second half. Nowhere near good enough and we're being hurt badly by a lack of viable options from the bench.

Gordon Brown , Val McDermid, john Mclynn , san Stark’s rover, buchan 30 ,Hank Scorpio your boys took a helluva beating . For a game your not bothered about I have never seen so many bad losers.

Aye I don’t know how I’ll cope. Might not be able to make it out my bed and go to work. Guess I’ll try to go on and live day by day.

[emoji12]

Some folk get in a right mess over a game of football. East Fife wanted it more in the second half. Ref was rubbish.

What actually happened with McGlynn? Some folk were going radge at some old lad that plodded passed the rovers side too. Someone said he was the EF Chairman

Not the Chairman, the Stadium Security Manager who was trying to show him to an empty seat!!!

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

But we had a viable option from the bench and chose not to use him.

If you're referring to McKay I've no idea why he didn't get brought on. I was really referring to lack of options in midfield and up top when the game is going against us. 

No complaints here, at least not with East Fife. They scraped their way to half time and as a result were still in it when they should have been dead and buried and then went on to have a much better 2nd half.

Easy to say that injuries are killing Rovers just now but in reality the Fife looked hungrier and more up for it in the 2nd 45 and deservedly got their reward, as did Mr Long who is clearly a tool of the highest order.

If we'd taken our 1st half chances it could have been so very different, but saying that if my granny had baws etc,  etc.

Archived