Livingston vs Celtic 11/11/18

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Celtic's counter attack following one of our set pieces was pretty terrifying; sending our tall defenders up for the corner or whatever really did leave us wide open.

Countering that will be difficult; we normally leave Pittman and Byrne back and push others back but that's not going to work if three Celtic players suddenly burst forward.

Leastway's we'll have Keaghan Jacobs rather than Kenny Miller and Lithgow in place of Saunders so there's a couple of positives. No Lee Miller which is a shame as this is a game that would have probably suited him most.

Yes, I'm thinking of Rogic galavanting forward and us being opened up.  Hopefully that Hamilton goal serves as a timely warning though I'm sure the players know themselves what went wrong there.

Extra side serving of rubber pellets to reduce it to a stodgey affair?

#FullFatMac #NoHalfPortions #ParkTheMengaBus

8 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yes, I'm thinking of Rogic galavanting forward and us being opened up.  Hopefully that Hamilton goal serves as a timely warning though I'm sure the players know themselves what went wrong there.

Extra side serving of rubber pellets to reduce it to a stodgey affair?

#FullFatMac #NoHalfPortions #ParkTheMengaBus

Indeed - mind you taking Lamie off didn't help.

I was thinking in tribute to the centenary of the end of the Great War would razor wide and land mines be a bit over an overreaction?

Think we"re in for a torrid time against a revatilised Celtic,but with our pitch and good team spirit i'm sure we'll give them a game.

As for it being remembrance sunday,i will respect all those young men(mostly poor) for the most part send to their deaths, but i'm no lover of this so called "union" and agree the current poppy fascism is out of control.

If you want to wear one fine,if you dont fine,no-one should be forced to wear one or be made to feel guilty about not wearing one.

Mon the Livi 

Really difficult to be optimistic about this one.

In many ways we have a better team than at the first game of the season with no Saunders or Kenny Miller but likewise we have only one fit forward and he's still playing the the colts/reserves.

On 05/11/2018 at 10:12, gannonball said:

Regardless of peoples leanings on it and how politicised the poppy appeal has become these days shutting up for a minute or two once a year is not a big ask.

Couldn’t agree with you more. However, having had Celtic as the visitors to Pittodrie on or around the 11th November before, I hold out little hope. Sky’s “mute the crowd” button will be pressed for the whole minute.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I'd honestly go with

Kelly
Gallagher Halkett Lithgow
Lawson                             Lamie
Byrne Pittman Keaghan
Sibbald
Dolly (Or maybe Hamilton)

I think Lawson could be a very good option out on the right. Looked a lot more defensively disciplined against Accies than any of his previous appearances showed, and done well time and again at regaining possession. Would be slightly disappointed if McMillan missed out given how well he's come on in the past year or so but you really couldn't argue with Lawson's credentials.

The St Mirren - Dundee result today was the perfect one for us, games against Celtic and the like were always free hits for us but that takes a bit more pressure off IMO. Will be interesting to see how we cope with being out of possession for long spells as opposed to the last two matches where we've had to dictate play. Will suit us more I think but I'm still expecting an away win.

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

I think Lawson could be a very good option out on the right. Looked a lot more defensively disciplined against Accies than any of his previous appearances showed, and done well time and again at regaining possession. Would be slightly disappointed if McMillan missed out given how well he's come on in the past year or so but you really couldn't argue with Lawson's credentials.

The St Mirren - Dundee result today was the perfect one for us, games against Celtic and the like were always free hits for us but that takes a bit more pressure off IMO. Will be interesting to see how we cope with being out of possession for long spells as opposed to the last two matches where we've had to dictate play. Will suit us more I think but I'm still expecting an away win.

Yep, 2 games in hand over the bottom 2 so takes all the pressure off us in our next 2 games against Celtic and Sevco. 

Dolly will be an important out ball for us, and set pieces are prob our best chance of getting a goal. Hopefully we don't leave ourselves open at the back when our big CB's go up for set pieces though.

40 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Do Celtic never get a home game at this time of year? They always seem to be the away team at Remembrance weekend.

Do they request an away game or is it just an unspoken thing by the SPFL?

Last time we had one was couple of years ago, think we went for a minutes applause instead which is shan given its meant to be a solemn occasion but understandable.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Last time we had one was couple of years ago, think we went for a minutes applause instead which is shan given its meant to be a solemn occasion but understandable.

You seem a reasonable chap for a Celtic fan who posts online. Whats the general perception from normal Celtic fans regarding the disrespect of the minutes silence? The poppy thing doesn't bother me as much, it's a personal choice to wear one but singing songs about it and being disrespectful about it and the silence I just can't understand.

15 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

You seem a reasonable chap for a Celtic fan who posts online. Whats the general perception from normal Celtic fans regarding the disrespect of the minutes silence? The poppy thing doesn't bother me as much, it's a personal choice to wear one but singing songs about it and being disrespectful about it and the silence I just can't understand.

I think pretty much most have the same thinking as yourself.  The Green Brigade I believe dont enter the stadium untill after the silence is done which is also fine with me tbh rather than have an organised group disturb it. 

I think pretty much most have the same thinking as yourself.  The Green Brigade I believe dont enter the stadium untill after the silence is done which is also fine with me tbh rather than have an organised group disturb it. 

Such a thoughtful bunch.

Archived