Livingston vs Celtic 11/11/18

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'm sure the  occasion will go swimmingly well and we won't have twenty pages of you're a bigot, naw you're a bigot etc etc etc 

I'll be in attendance sporting a red poppy, a white poppy, the poppy made from bacon and a white lilly to ensure I've covered all the bases. 

Guest Moomintroll

We all know the Livvi mob really love the Poppy, or at least it's cash rich by product, the IRA were fond of drug dealing to raise funds so what could possibly go wrong?

Just hope a little respect is shown, impeccable minutes silence midweek from Livingston fans, and I hope we get the same from both sets of fans on Sunday.

For 60 seconds of your lives see the bigger picture and pause for thought.

5 hours ago, orco said:

Livi fans prefer to stick to talking about the fitba'. Pity some Celtic fans can't do the same.  :(

And yet your first post on the thread is not about football but about Celtic fans.

What a pie.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

And yet your first post on the thread is not about football but about Celtic fans.

What a pie.

Had to be said though. Mind you do Celtic fans not have some relevance to football? Aye well, maybe not. :rolleyes:

Its been a long time since Celtic last visited the vale; the last time is when they finally secure the title and we were on target for an all time low score (one that Dundee seems on course to take) so I don't particularly want to remember that.

Strangely; in general whenever the celtic fans have visited they've been relatively well behaved; no supermarkets raided; staff racially abused or restaurant goers evening ruined. Maybe their cousins should take note.

Hopefully the minute's silence will be observed particularly with it being the end of "The Great War" and there cannot be a family in the British Isles that wasn't affected by it. Personally my family album has my young fresh face grand parents and great grandparents wearing uniforms from both sides of the Western Front and Gallipoli campaign but then I've always thought the remembrance was about all casualties in all conflicts.

Football wise I think we have to look at setting out either with a flat back four; with Lamie moving back) or with a back three and two wing-backs (McMillan and Lamie) which is probably my preferred option.

Lack of attacking options will continue to hamper us but we still have a strong midfield and and a number of other options. 

Obviously I'd go for Pittman; Byrne and Jacobs as a static midfield with Menga; Hamilton and Robinson as Forward/attacking midfield.

Fortunately Saunders should be nowhere near the team neither will Brown (back at Milwall) and Kenny Miller

35 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Its been a long time since Celtic last visited the vale; the last time is when they finally secure the title and we were on target for an all time low score (one that Dundee seems on course to take) so I don't particularly want to remember that.

Strangely; in general whenever the celtic fans have visited they've been relatively well behaved; no supermarkets raided; staff racially abused or restaurant goers evening ruined. Maybe their cousins should take note.

Hopefully the minute's silence will be observed particularly with it being the end of "The Great War" and there cannot be a family in the British Isles that wasn't affected by it. Personally my family album has my young fresh face grand parents and great grandparents wearing uniforms from both sides of the Western Front and Gallipoli campaign but then I've always thought the remembrance was about all casualties in all conflicts.

We have been back since against Gretna when they were meant to be ground sharing with Motherwell but their pitch turned in to a mud bath and could no longer play on it. Even though its too big for Livi (not their fault) always thought it was a cracking ground as its one of few grounds  in Scotland with the corners filled in.

I hope the minutes silence will be observed but sadly I doubt it will given the behaviour the past few years from a few of our fans. Not that it matters but Remembrance Sunday does not remember ‘all casualties’ in all conflicts but  to ‘commemorate the contribution of British and Commonwealth military and civilian servicemen and women in the two World Wars and later conflicts’. 

Regardless of peoples leanings on it and how politicised the poppy appeal has become these days shutting up for a minute or two once a year is not a big ask.

Bet on Livingston vs Celtic | Soccer Base  maybe it's time or maybe not,anybody picking up a gun is a fecking idiot  and deserves to be shot anyway back to the game.
Was at the play-off games last season don't think that grass park had a sprinkler system maybe that's why they changed it certainly a few bad bounces on it.
Livvy just didn't let the jags play between big Lithgow and Jacobs for MOTM,in fairness the jags were very low in confidence and couldn't string two passes together.
Livingstone for me play a bit like motherwell never give you a minutes piece, up and in your face style so expect a tough game.
Quality against spit in your face endeavour.

At the moment, it seems that if you play 'open' against Celtic you'll get pumped; and if you sit in you'll also get pumped.  Might aswell go out with a bang!

I think our defence will be their usual aggressive selves and the single goal conceded in each of the last two games are just uncharacteristic errors. I worry about big Rogic and McGregor picking a pass through the lines but I'm hoping that the combative qualities of Jacobs/Byrne/Pittman and the shorter pitch (compared to Celtic Park) will limit the space for these guys somewhat.

Menga to be irritation to Celtic and someone else buzzing about him so Robinson, possibly Hamilton, best bet for that? Set pieces likely to be our best bet again. Can anyone comment on how Celtic are at the back at least against good quality deliveries/aggressive attacking? I'm hoping we can produce that combination.

If Celtic are on-song then conceding 3 or under would be a result for us......

Celtic's counter attack following one of our set pieces was pretty terrifying; sending our tall defenders up for the corner or whatever really did leave us wide open.

Countering that will be difficult; we normally leave Pittman and Byrne back and push others back but that's not going to work if three Celtic players suddenly burst forward.

Leastway's we'll have Keaghan Jacobs rather than Kenny Miller and Lithgow in place of Saunders so there's a couple of positives. No Lee Miller which is a shame as this is a game that would have probably suited him most.

Archived