Livingston vs Celtic 11/11/18

20 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I didn't hear any songs about the IRA but if I did then I would have found it pretty irritating. As far as I am concerned they have about as much reliance to Scottish football as the great potato famine or the American Civil War.

I agree,there is many songs at football matches that have no relevance to the game,20 years after the IRA were disbanded you get pretty irritated?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I agree,there is many songs at football matches that have no relevance to the game,20 years after the IRA were disbanded you get pretty irritated?

At sixty-one years old its a natural state for me pal. Its actually easier for me to tell you what I don't get irritated by - Mary Berry.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Good answer, wee side steps are part of the problem thou,I can see the mince and tatties get tiresome.

Mince and tatties are excellent with a nice rich gravy and strong mustard or mint sauce (if using mutton).

Sorry; what was your point again?

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No idea why you are making up shit there was plenty of Celtic songs? plus do you get offended by Celtic fans singing about the IRA?

Every year Celtic send £10.000 to the poppy appeal because Celtic do things different from other clubs do you have a problem with that?
Brendan Rodgers exercising his individual choice just like every other person in the UK.  

Very little offends me, so I’m certainly not offended by anyone singing about the IRA. What I can’t, and never will understand, are “football” fans singing songs and chanting at football matches about things that have absolutely NOTHING to do with football, nothing at all. I’ve heard this supposed justification about Celtic not putting poppies on their shirts every year because they make this special donation that they make sure that everyone knows about. Do you honestly think that no other clubs make a similar donation without shouting from the rooftops about it? I understand and am totally happy with individual players making personal decisions about not having a poppy on their shirt, like Adam Rooney, Kamberi, James MacLean, etc,  but why are all Celtic players  forced to not have one. Last season Ryan Christie was happy to have one on his shirt, this season he doesn’t get the choice. 

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Very little offends me, so I’m certainly not offended by anyone singing about the IRA. What I can’t, and never will understand, are “football” fans singing songs and chanting at football matches about things that have absolutely NOTHING to do with football, nothing at all. I’ve heard this supposed justification about Celtic not putting poppies on their shirts every year because they make this special donation that they make sure that everyone knows about. Do you honestly think that no other clubs make a similar donation without shouting from the rooftops about it? I understand and am totally happy with individual players making personal decisions about not having a poppy on their shirt, like Adam Rooney, Kamberi, James MacLean, etc,  but why are all Celtic players  forced to not have one. Last season Ryan Christie was happy to have one on his shirt, this season he doesn’t get the choice. 

You do realise Celtic teams have had poppies on their shirts before?

Also Im sure if any player wanted to request to have it they would have been allowed so yes they would have had a choice, as Rodgers wore one anyway. 

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You do realise Celtic teams have had poppies on their shirts before?

Also Im sure if any player wanted to request to have it they would have been allowed so yes they would have had a choice, as Rodgers wore one anyway. 

Given that no player had a poppy, I doubt that you are right with that one.

24 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Personally I would imagine The Poppy Appeal are more interested in getting the funds to help those effected by conflict either physically o.r mentally.

Whether you wear one or not is, I suppose,  a matter of personal choice.

Absolutely agree, it’s personal choice. But it’s something that it appears that Celtic don’t allow their players.

I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill,why do you think Celtic have a problem putting a poppy on their  shirts?
Probably because they know that the morons that make up the Green Brigade and thousands of other plastic paddys would throw their toys out the pram and cause all sorts of bother for them.

Just now, Tartantony said:
25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill,why do you think Celtic have a problem putting a poppy on their  shirts?

Probably because they know that the morons that make up the Green Brigade and thousands of other plastic paddys would throw their toys out the pram and cause all sorts of bother for them.

Precisely.

24 minutes ago, Tartantony said:
48 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tony this is the reason you don't support Celtic any more,thousands of plastic paddy's as you put it are offended by it so why wear it?

Tony this is the reason you don't support Celtic any more,thousands of plastic paddy's as you put it are offended by it so why wear it?
Well why not wear it?

Do you think it's right that they pander to the morons in the fan base? Do you think it's right that the GB continue to use the club as a vehicle to air their political beliefs. These are the morons that forced me and many others to stop going.

Celtic are a Scottish football club, not an arena for idiots to protest their political and religious beliefs. The GB and the thousands of other fannies couldn't care less about football so perhaps the club should make attempts at attracting football fans and getting rid of the fannies. Wearing a poppy could be a small step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Well why not wear it?

Do you think it's right that they pander to the morons in the fan base? Do you think it's right that the GB continue to use the club as a vehicle to air their political beliefs. These are the morons that forced me and many others to stop going.

Celtic are a Scottish football club, not an arena for idiots to protest their political and religious beliefs. The GB and the thousands of other fannies couldn't care less about football so perhaps the club should make attempts at attracting football fans and getting rid of the fannies. Wearing a poppy could be a small step in the right direction.

Wants to keep politics out of football but wants a team to wear a poppy...

Archived