Livingston vs Celtic 11/11/18

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If Menga does get a ban, we will have Hamilton and Robinson as our striking options for the Rangers game.

January could not come soon enough from an injury perspective.

Hardie back at the end of the month, can't play v Rangers obviously but should tide us through

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great fighting for one another display by this Livi team:wub:

Start to finish we never stopped working and the point we claimed at the end was brilliant.

Yeah we were under the cosh a bit the last 10 mins but we held out well and Liam Kellys save at the end was otherworldly :wub:

Big shout out to Keaghan Jacobs he was outstanding!!

Also the celtic support compared to the rangers support was nite and day.

Didnt see or hear of any bother at all inside or outside of the ground and the minutes silence was just that .....silent :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

No it wasn’t...loads of exaggerated coughing and spluttering. Some fanny in the south stand shouting “murdering b*****ds”...then a full song book on the IRA. Very little chanting about football during the match.

Rangers and Celtic are both as vile as one another. f**k em both.

There was coughing but thats all i heard in C3?

As for celtic and rangers being on a par,yeah in some ways aye but on todays evidence compared to the scummery shown by the **** at the end of september it was fuckin nite and day.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Also the celtic support compared to the rangers support was nite and day.

Didnt see or hear of any bother at all inside or outside of the ground and the minutes silence was just that .....silent :thumsup2

As AND says, there was shouting and singing etc coming from the south stand, your usual IRA singing, and a smoke bomb (didn't see a whole lot of smoke so whatever would make a bang and a pathetic amount of smoke from it) thrown on the pitch at the end.

Only real difference was the coin. Funny thing they'd get all fuming if you told them they're exactly the same because they try so hard to be opposites. Only difference is their favourite colour.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Livingston single handedly removing the fear factor from the "Old Firm" by dealing with both with total fearlessness.

Hopefully the rest of the league take note.

Interesting to see how we manage at Ibrox against them, at the Tony dome we were a nightmare.

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Celtic fans just been asked not to use the toilets in the south east side of the ground, what the f**k have they done in there?!. 

Magee went for a vindaloo last night....

14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

As AND says, there was shouting and singing etc coming from the south stand, your usual IRA singing, and a smoke bomb (didn't see a whole lot of smoke so whatever would make a bang and a pathetic amount of smoke from it) thrown on the pitch at the end.

Only real difference was the coin. Funny thing they'd get all fuming if you told them they're exactly the same because they try so hard to be opposites. Only difference is their favourite colour.

I listened to the first half on the radio. Continual singing from the Celtic fans for the whole half. Not one single song about Celtic. Not one single song relating to football. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Interesting to see how we manage at Ibrox against them, at the Tony dome we were a nightmare.

Magee went for a vindaloo last night....

Tbf Rangers are a different animal at home, no doubt about that. 

Will be a completely different game at Ibrox. 

Celtic just couldn't get the breaks today. Livingston were resolute in defence, we couldn't quite get in behind them.

Thought we might steal it at the end, as we pressed and pressed, but Livi deserved their point.

Menga should get sighted for his fukkery with Christie. No need for that, lucky he was still on the pitch tbh.

Tap eh the league! Yas!

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Fair play to Brendan Rodgers for wearing a poppy yesterday, when Celtic were the only senior club in the UK not to put poppies on their strips at the weekend.

I think he's a pretty classy guy; I quite like him.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Fair play to Brendan Rodgers for wearing a poppy yesterday, when Celtic were the only senior club in the UK not to put poppies on their strips at the weekend.

Politics aside Having a poppy on a football strip is tacky and looks f*cking mingin. Minutes silence was generally well observed despite somebody claiming a guy was shouting on here, which was bullshit as I was in that stand and didn't hear anything other than one or two sad b*stards fake coughing. 

For a 0-0 I thought the game was pretty entertaining. Thought Menga was rapid, technique not the greatest but if he is coached right he could easily get in two double figures for our league.  I can see our scouts keeping an eye on Kelly.

Does the boy Gallagher ever lose a header ? Never seen boyata and ajer lose as many as they did yesterday. Livi are very good defensively and big dolly up front is an absolute unit. The clash with Christie although needless isn't worthy of a ban imo.

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I listened to the first half on the radio. Continual singing from the Celtic fans for the whole half. Not one single song about Celtic. Not one single song relating to football. 

No idea why you are making up shit there was plenty of Celtic songs? plus do you get offended by Celtic fans singing about the IRA?

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Every year Celtic send £10.000 to the poppy appeal because Celtic do things different from other clubs do you have a problem with that?
Brendan Rodgers exercising his individual choice just like every other person in the UK.  

37 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Politics aside Having a poppy on a football strip is tacky and looks f*cking mingin. Minutes silence was generally well observed despite somebody claiming a guy was shouting on here, which was bullshit as I was in that stand and didn't hear anything other than one or two sad b*stards fake coughing. 

For a 0-0 I thought the game was pretty entertaining. Thought Menga was rapid, technique not the greatest but if he is coached right he could easily get in two double figures for our league.  I can see our scouts keeping an eye on Kelly.

The only noise I heard during the minutes silence was from outside the stadium. If people don't want to stand that's up to them but remaining silent was respectful for those that did. Considering there were at least 7000 Celtic supporters they I think that's pretty impressive.

Also didn't notice to toxic atmosphere present after the ranger game a few weeks ago but that might have been partly due to the game kicking off 90 minutes earlier.

Not sure about Menga getting to double figures; he's actually meant to be a winger but our current severe shortage of forwards means that he plays up front.

Really wanted to beat Celtic on Sunday, basically because they are the only Scottish senior side we've never beaten, but was very happy with a point. Celtic were easily the most dangerous side we've face this season and we had to be at the top of our game to keep them in check.  Also please that we managed to give them a few scares as well; now have to do the same for the serial divers on 24th.

48 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No idea why you are making up shit there was plenty of Celtic songs? plus do you get offended by Celtic fans singing about the IRA?

Every year Celtic send £10.000 to the poppy appeal because Celtic do things different from other clubs do you have a problem with that?
Brendan Rodgers exercising his individual choice just like every other person in the UK.  

I didn't hear any songs about the IRA but if I did then I would have found it pretty irritating. As far as I am concerned they have about as much reliance to Scottish football as the great potato famine or the American Civil War.

Archived