Scottish Cup DrawTuesday

Blackie Gold

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a small Point with regards to the last 32 it’s international break on the 17th November and would probably have been better for the clubs financially if the last 32 had been played then rather than the week after as crowds would surely have been up because of this 
Someone pick me up from the floor , a sensible post from darvel leg-end and a great point , jeeezus 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:
5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
Just a small Point with regards to the last 32 it’s international break on the 17th November and would probably have been better for the clubs financially if the last 32 had been played then rather than the week after as crowds would surely have been up because of this 

Someone pick me up from the floor , a sensible post from darvel leg-end and a great point , jeeezus 

I’m no daft kr 

That would also have avoided a clash with the senior Scottish cup on the 24th.

12 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Someone pick me up from the floor , a sensible post from darvel leg-end and a great point , jeeezus

11 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
12 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

I’m no daft kr 

Someone else has suggested this KR, gotta be, and he's just posted it on P&B and passed it off as his own :)

Just now, Darvel legend said:

Who are u ? 

As someone who has already been outed on P & B, and by someone from my own club at that, I think most regular contributors on here are already quite aware of my real identity. I have never attempted to hide it and respect the convention that you don't identiify other posters if they do not wish to be known. Maybe you should post your own real name here although what good would it do, I don't really want to know it and one of the Dalry fans did point you out when we visited a couple of months back. He was actually quite embarressed and said you were a decent guy really, just let your passion overcome your commensense when you got in front of a keyboard.

18 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:
On 07/11/2018 at 09:59, garrellburn said:
Not much comment about the Kilsyth/Hurlford tie here. Does everyone see it as a foregone conclusion?

Kilsyth defo dark horses this season, along with darvel

Kilsyth are a team that in my opinion have always left me wondering,why they are not at the top end of junior football.Surely with the size of town,the ground they play in and the catchment area for players should see them as an established premiership team.Please believe this  is not a dig at Kilsyth,far from it,i just  think theirs a sleeping giant that has potential to be at the forefront of junior football sometime in the future.Also im no expert in the clubs history,maybe they had been successful in 70s or 80s i dont remember Talbot ever crossing swords in an important game with Kilsyth.What would some of the Kilsyth supporters that post on P&B suggest needs to happen to get them established a top division or cup winning team.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Kilsyth are a team that in my opinion have always left me wondering,why they are not at the top end of junior football.Surely with the size of town,the ground they play in and the catchment area for players should see them as an established premiership team.Please believe this  is not a dig at Kilsyth,far from it,i just  think theirs a sleeping giant that has potential to be at the forefront of junior football sometime in the future.Also im no expert in the clubs history,maybe they had been successful in 70s or 80s i dont remember Talbot ever crossing swords in an important game with Kilsyth.What would some of the Kilsyth supporters that post on P&B suggest needs to happen to get them established a top division or cup winning team.

Could have a potentially big support, but unfortunately the town doesn't see it that way for going to watch professional football etc, and maybe another couple of reasons that I'm not going to go into, we are currently going about our business quietly at the moment, we have a good squad and if we can stay mostly injury free we will be ok, nearly made it to the premier a couple of seasons ago but only ourselves to blame as we gave it away in the last 3rd of the season, we were coasting the super 1st at the time, one things for sure we will give Hurlford a game at Duncansfield, our form at home at the moment is good

29 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Could have a potentially big support, but unfortunately the town doesn't see it that way for going to watch professional football etc, and maybe another couple of reasons that I'm not going to go into, we are currently going about our business quietly at the moment, we have a good squad and if we can stay mostly injury free we will be ok, nearly made it to the premier a couple of seasons ago but only ourselves to blame as we gave it away in the last 3rd of the season, we were coasting the super 1st at the time, one things for sure we will give Hurlford a game at Duncansfield, our form at home at the moment is good

Thanks for reply Krfc,youve left me intrigued about the other reasons you mentioned,however i respect if you dont wish to go into detail.Talbot average a home gate roughly 5-6 hundred, more depending opposition or cup game,how do Kilsyth compare?I really hope you knock out Hurlford in next round of Scottish cup,do you think winning the cup could restore local support for the club and maybe kick start something special,or is the interest of the locals routed in old firm loyalties?

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Thanks for reply Krfc,youve left me intrigued about the other reasons you mentioned,however i respect if you dont wish to go into detail.Talbot average a home gate roughly 5-6 hundred, more depending opposition or cup game,how do Kilsyth compare?I really hope you knock out Hurlford in next round of Scottish cup,do you think winning the cup could restore local support for the club and maybe kick start something special,or is the interest of the locals routed in old firm loyalties?

Alot of support for old firm loyalties in Kilsyth, don't get me wrong there will be a healthy support at the Scottish cup game, more than for a normal league game, suppose that happens at every club, as I said we are a decent team, don't know about winning the cup, would certainly generate alot of interest in the town, finances are obviously a problem as they are for most teams, but I do agree, we are a club that strives for better things and we have great facilities that have been improved in the last couple of years, great playing surface too.

Nothing sinister in the other things I didn't want to go into, it's mostly just my opinion on why I think the club doesn't receive the support it deserves

Archived