Scottish Cup DrawTuesday

Blackie Gold

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I had predicted that we were going to draw Cambuslang Rangers, and sure enough we were down to the last few games before we both came out of the hat one after the other. Not in the same game though, but it was close.

Spooky  :unsure2:

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

I had predicted that we were going to draw Cambuslang Rangers, and sure enough we were down to the last few games before we both came out of the hat one after the other. Not in the same game though, but it was close.

If you ever get on Graham Norton, don’t bother telling that one, will you no?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Well done to all the teams making it into the last 32 draw, There is a comparatively hollow look about it but it still has loads of intrigue.

That was my first thought when I saw the draw- I can see Lochee and also probably Violet going through with the Rosyth v  Annbank and Carnoustie v Troon ties maybe going either way.

Could easy be 14 West teams in the last 16 though. However, it's not so much a reflection of the relative strengths of the regions as it would have been in years past as it is of just how little's left in the East. Tayside excepted.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

That was my first thought when I saw the draw- I can see Lochee and also probably Violet going through with the Rosyth v  Annbank and Carnoustie v Troon ties maybe going either way.

Could easy be 14 West teams in the last 16 though. However, it's not so much a reflection of the relative strengths of the regions as it would have been in years past as it is of just how little's left in the East. Tayside excepted.

Teams from the East have had at least one team in the Junior cup final 20 out the last 30 seasons. 

41 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Delighted with the draw
No idea about Luncarty as I have never seen them and I'm sure they will be a tough nut to crackbut it's home tie and at this stage that's all we wanted .

I note they are doing well in their league, but they are a division below the team you beat 4-1 last round, however they are above the team that put out Arthurlie. The beauty of some of the fixtures the Scottish Cup throws up Chris

14 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Is it rules of the competition that we need to draw a super league team ? 

Whitburn ??     2nd bottom of a league where St. Rochs and Rossvale comfortably turned over 2 teams that are well ahead of them in the same league.....  Surely you are not claiming that the draw is unfair towards the Gallacticos   DL. 

24 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Not much comment about the Kilsyth/Hurlford tie here. Does everyone see it as a foregone conclusion?

Not at all, we know only too well how difficult it is to win at Duncansfield, so I expect a tight match there.

Not much comment about the Kilsyth/Hurlford tie here. Does everyone see it as a foregone conclusion?
I commented on the Kilsyth thread saying it was a tough draw for the team and a great draw for the fans. The only foregone conclusion is that we'll have a good day out. Any trip to a Championship side will be a tough ask and given our league start the bookies will make us short favorites probably, however that means nothing and I'm sure Hendo knows we'll need to be at our best to progress.

Just a small Point with regards to the last 32 it’s international break on the 17th November and would probably have been better for the clubs financially if the last 32 had been played then rather than the week after as crowds would surely have been up because of this 

Archived