Scottish Cup DrawTuesday

Blackie Gold

1 hour ago, andy25 said:
1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Totally lost its appeal this season needs a complete revamp ASAP. 
The sooner its a full scottish cup non league covering all the better may just give it the spark it needs as its nothing more than a 3rd edition of the west cup.

Nothing to do with Beith being papped out in the 2nd Round ?

Disappointing yes but as i said the junior cup is all bit meh these days with the exodus, our game with ayr alone will bring in way more dosh than winning the junior cup.

Our qtr final loss to lochee last year crowd was very low which  is a 1st for Beith at that stage as normally everyones excited gets down too watch it but as i said its all a bit meeh. I am sure your crowd was less than half yesterday against the gow than previous week against cove.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, garrellburn said:

I think it was Churchill who said "there are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics". Lets just wait and see what comes out of the  bowl, (not a hat) and no doubt there will be some intersting ties.

Not like Winnie to use other folk's material :rolleyes:,however,if we believe Mark Twain..and why shouldn't we :angry:..the phrase was originally coined by Benjamin Disraeli.

Anyhoo,here's the definitive view on statistics....

Can't say I do but do u agree?

Totally agree that the Scottish has seen its appeal dropped a shade but this is temporary as I believe this competition will soon be available to all including the HL and LL if they wish to participate.  

To be honest as much as it was good playing the big East teams the West teams always usually prevailed.

Most of them including Linlithgow didn't up their game and left to get the pot of gold. Now we have a deeper potential league set up cluster in the future.

Kenny 131 will always see the negative in everything imho

Totally agree that the Scottish has seen its appeal dropped a shade but this is temporary as I believe this competition will soon be available to all including the HL and LL if they wish to participate.  To be honest as much as it was good playing the big East teams the West teams always usually prevailed.

Most of them including Linlithgow didn't up their game and left to get the pot of gold. Now we have a deeper potential league set up cluster in the future.

Kenny 131 will always see the negative in everything imho

Kenny's view is one a lot of people share, including myself. The competition is devalued and it's pretty much another WOS Cup this season.

I'd be surprised if the present junior cup makes it through the transition to senior football. I imagine it likely it will be retired and any nationwide competition would be for a different trophy.

19 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Kenny's view is one a lot of people share, including myself. The competition is devalued and it's pretty much another WOS Cup this season.

I'd be surprised if the present junior cup makes it through the transition to senior football. I imagine it likely it will be retired and any nationwide competition would be for a different trophy.

Since its a virtually brand new trophy its more than likely to be retained but with the competition renamed. Just hope it can attract a really good sponsor who will put decent money into it.

4 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Bold statement, let's hope it comes back to bite you in the arse :)

It's actually a shit statement. ATFC will give every club the respect that they deserve. I'm one of the fans that still remembers our yearly doings, it was horrible times and something I wouldn't like to see back at Auchinleck.

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

It's actually a shit statement. ATFC will give every club the respect that they deserve. I'm one of the fans that still remembers our yearly doings, it was horrible times and something I wouldn't like to see back at Auchinleck.

That's a better post from someone from Auchinleck than that earlier, joking or not it was poor, no offence to you or others but after his post I hope Talbot get put out whoever they get

I cringe when I see posts like that...totally our of sync with how Talbot fans feel,   Remember Shotts  !!

Like Blackie Gold I watched Talbot before the good times of Willie Knox and Tucker, and winning a Scottish cup tie was an achievement....and still is ,respect must be given to every team in the Cup.

2 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

That's a better post from someone from Auchinleck than that earlier, joking or not it was poor, no offence to you or others but after his post I hope Talbot get put out whoever they get

Here's to the draw being kind to you, and your own team are given the chance to emulate your hopes.

17 hours ago, energyzone said:

Its needed to give it some life and as another poster said hopefully a good sponsor with much improved cash prizes.

18 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Since its a virtually brand new trophy its more than likely to be retained but with the competition renamed. Just hope it can attract a really good sponsor who will put decent money into it.

Aren’t Macron sponsoring the tournament for this season and the following two? 

Love the Scottish. Like when you get a team that you have never played before. The bus trips are decent as well especially coming home if you win. Been dominated by talbot but still hope every year that my team lochee united can win it for the very first time. Had a good run last season and have beat most of the big guns over the years suppose same for a lot of teams.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

Love the Scottish. Like when you get a team that you have never played before. The bus trips are decent as well especially coming home if you win. Been dominated by talbot but still hope every year that my team lochee united can win it for the very first time. Had a good run last season and have beat most of the big guns over the years suppose same for a lot of teams.

This in spades , for years we were the whipping boys and it wasn’t nice but now we have a really good side and fear no one 

I for one are looking forward to draw tomorrow 

Archived