Scottish Cup DrawTuesday

Blackie Gold

I would like to be playing somebody that Talbot have not faced before, but I'm wondering if this trend where top West sides have faced each other in previous rounds will continue. Buff's v Beith, Pollok v Talbot Reserves the most recent. With Talbot, Hurlford, Glenafton and Pollok to name a few still in the cup what's the chances of a West top of the table match in Tuesday's draw.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

I would like to be playing somebody that Talbot have not faced before, but I'm wondering if this trend where top West sides have faced each other in previous rounds will continue. Buff's v Beith, Pollok v Talbot Reserves the most recent. With Talbot, Hurlford, Glenafton and Pollok to name a few still in the cup what's the chances of a West top of the table match in Tuesday's draw.

With 32 teams and 9 of the from the West Premier the odds increase and decrease as the draw goes on 

E.g.- if Talbot get drawn 1st out the hat - the chance of being paired with another Premier team is just over 25%. - if a Premier Team was to come out the hat 3rd there would still be 6 from the remaining 29 - so just over 20% - however if the next 3 ties do not include ANY Premiership clubs that would leave 7 from 24 so getting back to around 25%

Ps - the odds above might be totally wrong and someone who knows better might be able to correct - but for the sake of prediction I am going to go with

Two All West Premiership ties :)

43 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

With 32 teams and 9 of the from the West Premier the odds increase and decrease as the draw goes on 

E.g.- if Talbot get drawn 1st out the hat - the chance of being paired with another Premier team is just over 25%. - if a Premier Team was to come out the hat 3rd there would still be 6 from the remaining 29 - so just over 20% - however if the next 3 ties do not include ANY Premiership clubs that would leave 7 from 24 so getting back to around 25%

Ps - the odds above might be totally wrong and someone who knows better might be able to correct - but for the sake of prediction I am going to go with

I think it was Churchill who said "there are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics". Lets just wait and see what comes out of the  bowl, (not a hat) and no doubt there will be some intersting ties.

2 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Totally lost its appeal this season needs a complete revamp ASAP. 

The sooner its a full scottish cup non league covering all the better may just give it the spark it needs as its nothing more than a 3rd edition of the west cup.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

It's all felt a  bit low key this year but hopefully it picks up. 

Think it's missing the east teams that buggered off. A couple of big east v west ties made the cup what it was. 

100% shanner if its like this after 1 season imagine 3 yrs from now. 

Totally lost its appeal this season needs a complete revamp ASAP. 
The sooner its a full scottish cup non league covering all the better may just give it the spark it needs as its nothing more than a 3rd edition of the west cup.
Nothing to do with Beith being papped out in the 2nd Round ?

Nothing to do with Beith being papped out in the 2nd Round ?
Kenny131 is one of the most negative posters on here.

As I said in an earlier post the juniors fans now need to stick together more than ever. Times are changing with common sense prevailing that the tier set up is weak without the west teams involved.

Now is not the time for fans to start belittling one of the best cup competitions in football.

2 hours ago, garrellburn said:

I think it was Churchill who said "there are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics". Lets just wait and see what comes out of the  bowl, (not a hat) and no doubt there will be some intersting ties.

I’d love it if it was a hat. My choice would be a rather foppish trilby.

3 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It would be disrespectful to individually name clubs as anyone can beat anyone in a cup tie but I personally would be happy facing any side from a lower division at home

Fair enough I hope you get the draw you are looking for

Talbot should be handicapped in this tournament. It was faintly embarrassing before but with the reduction in numbers it’s shooting fish.
As a lifelong Talbot fan, that is arrogant and insensitive comment towards other teams with lesser finances and fortune.

It's a cup competition and I'm more than aware anything can happen in it.

Hold your head in shame for this one JB [emoji107]

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:

As a lifelong Talbot fan, that is arrogant and insensitive comment towards other teams with lesser finances and fortune.

It's a cup competition and I'm more than aware anything can happen in it.

Hold your head in shame for this one JB emoji107.png

I was only kidding, droopy drawers!

And who holds their head in shame?!

Archived