Dunfermline Athletic vs Falkirk

According to Caldwell, Partick were outstanding today!

I’ll never understand why managers make statements like that after a defeat. All it does is alienate themselves from supporters who feel completely differently about a losing performance....

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ll never understand why managers make statements like that after a defeat. All it does is alienate themselves from supporters who feel completely differently about a losing performance....

What do you expect them to do, give their players a rinsing in public? And then try to get a tune out of them next week?

Good managers hardly ever, if ever, criticise players in public. That all gets done in a dressing room.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
Edit - Had posted my reply before reading the rest of the thread. Now that I have may I please add that D.A.F.C is a fucking embarrassment of a boy and should be banned to save himself and others.

What a sooky wee p***k of a boy

You got a substance abuse problem chief. You are very angry.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
Edit - Had posted my reply before reading the rest of the thread. Now that I have may I please add that D.A.F.C is a fucking embarrassment of a boy and should be banned to save himself and others.

What a sooky wee p***k of a boy

Log off, I'm begging you. It will save you posting tomorrow apologising because you're embarrassed about your posts, like you did last time you looked like a total c**t.

What do you expect them to do, give their players a rinsing in public? And then try to get a tune out of them next week?
Good managers hardly ever, if ever, criticise players in public. That all gets done in a dressing room.

Where did I suggest that he criticise individuals? Honesty on what they can work on to play better next time around, goes down better with me. Otherwise no one believes anything he’s saying and confidence in his ability rapidly evaporates.
I take it you believe that it’s worth listening to a manager spouting bullshit after a game?

First off, Falkirk worked very hard, their fans made a lot of noise and Rudden's goal looked like a great strike. You could tell at the end how much the win meant to players and fans. Hope Bairnardo and Marshmallo had a lovely day out.
I could probably write an essay with everything wrong with the Pars today. We missed an absolute sitter after 30 seconds and I had a bad feeling about the game from that moment on. We had a lot of the ball and had several good openings but rarely tested Fasan. Williamson's performance was right up there with one of the worst I've ever seen at EEP from a player with talent. The slow pace we played at for almost the whole match was baffling and infuriating. Anytime we ran at the Falkirk defence or moved with speed they shat themselves but we decided to just smash it long or pass it across the pitch and go nowhere.
Despite all of that, I'm having to hear people say we were "unlucky"? Utter pish. If we'd had any sense of urgency about us then I strongly feel we could have won that game comfortably. Instead we let the match drift and stopped closing players down or making anything resembling a tackle. It was a shitebag performance tbh. DA Baracus will go mental at this probably but we looked like we didn't want it as much as them. Yet AJ says "there were a lot of good performances out there"?! One of the few I'd put in that category is Higgy and he got subbed.
If you include the Dundee United play-off match at the end of last season, we've now won once and scored twice in our last eight home matches. That's not even good enough to be classed as relegation form. It's utterly unacceptable and to hear AJ saying we need to be more clinical and just shrugging off a gutless derby defeat as no big deal left me more raging than anything at the game. I've given him the benefit of the doubt time and time again but he lost me with that. I'd hope to see "Club Statement - Allan Johnston" on my Twitter feed very shortly.

A fair post in all honesty unlike some of the drivel I’ve read from other Dunfermline fans. For a team like Dunfermline who has a few decent championship players in their team, they should be performing better and that then comes down to the manager. Players like Higginbotham, both Longridges, Williamson, Robinson, Hippolyte etc are all solid championship players that should be capable of getting you into the play off’s. Of course from a Falkirk point of view I hope AJ stays [emoji3]

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

A fair post in all honesty unlike some of the drivel I’ve read from other Dunfermline fans. For a team like Dunfermline who has a few decent championship players in their team, they should be performing better and that then comes down to the manager. Players like Higginbotham, both Longridges, Williamson, Robinson, Hippolyte etc are all solid championship players that should be capable of getting you into the play off’s. Of course from a Falkirk point of view I hope AJ stays emoji3.png

Yes, we have some good players and should be doing much better.

Quite simply, we're no better now than we were during the first season in the Championship and that is the main - but far from only - reason that AJ should be thanked for his efforts and told to clean his desk.

Where did I suggest that he criticise individuals? Honesty on what they can work on to play better next time around, goes down better with me. Otherwise no one believes anything he’s saying and confidence in his ability rapidly evaporates.
I take it you believe that it’s worth listening to a manager spouting bullshit after a game?

I personally love McKinnons approach, calls a spade a spade and pretty much says the players ain’t good enough but we he will try his best to grind it out till January. Much rather hear that than well we were unlucky and we will have a good week of training etc etc

Archived