Dross Cunty v Dungpee Pooshited

Only two issues:

Edjenguélé should have conceded a penalty for his shoulder/elbow on DKD and should have been booked for it, before being sent off for a wild one on Mullins (I think) by the West Stand. Referee/assistants were awful in general, some head scratching decisions. Including one where the Dundee United player was about three yards onside and given off. I think it was Aird?

Other than that, that wasn't a bad County performance. That's been about our general level this season so far, with the odd period of serious quality. Draper played well, McManus made a big difference when he came on but Vigurs had an off day and DKD was absolutely rotten. Repeatedly shown the outside by Aird and Watson, who robbed him every time he went inside. 

We are so predictable. Other than Mckay's fluffed header in the first half, I'm struggling to think of anything we created of quality. United used all of Neilson's time wasting tricks in the second half but over the piece probably deserved it as we did so, so little.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, humbleheart said:

Watched Neilson closely in the second half and wow, the level of complete and utter wankerdom was at MacInnes level.
Your centre half’s are quite good and won the game for you.

Both of these things are so good to hear.

And in a good mood regarding the football, not the usual Saturday night for yourself then?

Since Robbie’s took over Its been brilliant. Back like before.

Before then with Shabba and the rest of the murder, I just remembered how football’s only a game and there’s more Important things In life.

Massive, massive result for us particularly in light of the Ayr result.

I am delighted we now have a manager who pisses of fans of other teams rather than fans of the team he manages.

I really hope Fyvie’s injury is a minor one.

I’d be delighted to have an insight from any Arab’s at today’s game.

United under Neilson - 13 points from a possible 15.

ETA and yet another assist for Aird.  He’s proving to be a key player for us.

Had a wee look into the match thread in Over the Bridge, and quite a few comments from the Staggies about the extent of our celebrations yesterday, 

“You’d think they had just won the cup or something”

I’m surprised at that, because Ross County have seen first hand exactly how we celebrate when we win the cup....

Anyhoo, now that I have gotten my snide comment out the way, a more helpful insight into the extent of our celebrations follows:

Yesterday’s game was massive for us in terms of being a more accurate reflection of how much we have improved  since Robbie came in, and if the rest of my fellow Arabs are like me, we were really concerned that the bubble would burst yesterday and we’d be brought down to earth with a thump.

Having being trounced 5-1 at home in the reverse fixture, I reckon most Arabs would have been happy with a draw, in what I would view as being the toughest place to get points from in the league. (This has f**k all to do with distance etc, it has to  do with playing away from home against a well funded and organised squad, who until now were odds on to win the league).

When the win materialised, meaning that the stats say 13 from a possible 15 (and we did have enough chances to win 3 games in the 2 points we dropped against Caley), 9 of which have come away from home, this was a sudden realisation that if we can keep this up, we really can win this thing and get out of this fucking league.

I think that the extent of the celebrations yesterday are reflective of the optimism that is flooding back into Tannadice for the first time in about 4 years, and I don’t think we can be blamed for that tbh.

As a final note, I always feel that when a losing side’s fans  complain about the level of celebrations from the winning team, it just comees across as a bit bitter.

Fucking P2BAA 8)

6 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Had a wee look into the match thread in Over the Bridge, and quite a few comments from the Staggies about the extent of our celebrations yesterday, 

I’m surprised at that, because Ross County have seen first hand exactly how we celebrate when we win the cup....

Anyhoo, now that I have gotten my snide comment out the way, a more helpful insight into the extent of our celebrations follows:

Yesterday’s game was massive for us in terms of being a more accurate reflection of how much we have improved  since Robbie came in, and if the rest of my fellow Arabs are like me, we were really concerned that the bubble would burst yesterday and we’d be brought down to earth with a thump.

Having being trounced 5-1 at home in the reverse fixture, I reckon most Arabs would have been happy with a draw, in what I would view as being the toughest place to get points from in the league. (This has f**k all to do with distance etc, it has to  do with playing away from home against a well funded and organised squad, who until now were odds on to win the league).

When the win materialised, meaning that the stats say 13 from a possible 15 (and we did have enough chances to win 3 games in the 2 points we dropped against Caley), 9 of which have come away from home, this was a sudden realisation that if we can keep this up, we really can win this thing and get out of this fucking league.

I think that the extent of the celebrations yesterday are reflective of the optimism that is flooding back into Tannadice for the first time in about 4 years, and I don’t think we can be blamed for that tbh.

As a final note, I always feel that when a losing side’s fans  complain about the level of celebrations from the winning team, it just comees across as a bit bitter.

Fucking P2BAA 8)

I said it before and I'll say it again - more snowflakes up north!

I think there may be some twitchy erses up north too now weve got a good run going and they've started to hit sticky patch. 

6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I said it before and I'll say it again - more snowflakes up north!

I think there may be some twitchy erses up north too now weve got a good run going and they've started to hit sticky patch. 

Whereas our sticky patch (AKA Csaba entire reign) is hopefully behind us.

Hopefully..........

52 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Fucking P2BAA 8)

I wouldn’t take the reaction from some on OTB as typical of County fans. It’s good to see fans getting behind their team and making some noise, I just wish we could get some more of ours to do the same.

I think some of us have been more realistic about our chances this season. We don’t have the quality of squad that some imagine, nor the balance that is needed. While I expect us to make the playoffs I don’t see us winning the league even if we strengthen in the break. 

Hopefully next time you’ re up we’ll be celebrating but I doubt we’ll make the same noise.

4 minutes ago, silver said:

Any thoughts on the yellow card in front of the away fans. Too far away to see whether it was one or not.

My thoughts on another incident where Keillor-Dunn was taken out by United (last man) defender were that DKD would otherwise been through on goal and the United boy should have had at least a booking.

Archived