Dross Cunty v Dungpee Pooshited

12 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Do Dundee United still play that guy who isn't a footballer at left-back?

Callum Booth, who we signed from Partick Thistle, is LB.

Had an excellent game against QotS.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Callum Booth, who we signed from Partick Thistle, is LB.

Had an excellent game against QotS.

Think he might mean Robson, who gave Mullin the freedom of Dundee in the 1-5 game.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Think he might mean Robson, who gave Mullin the freedom of Dundee in the 1-5 game.

Yeah I assumed that.  Robson hasn’t featured under Neilson and  I don’t think he will any time soon.

County could do with a win here to get us back on track, I’d take a draw as Utd seem rejuvenated under the new manager but avoiding a loss is critical as confidence may start to go. For one of the highest scoring teams in the league I still don’t feel confident in us scoring many each game. Wish Schalk was still here, can imagine he’d be shagging the championship!

Feeling more positive about United getting a decent result on Saturday now than I was some weeks ago now.

I do not see this being a high scoring games and will go with either 1-1 or 1-0 United 

Who ever came up with the thread title should be considered infantile of the highest order.

12 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Feeling more positive about United getting a decent result on Saturday now than I was some weeks ago now.

I do not see this being a high scoring games and will go with either 1-1 or 1-0 United 

Who ever came up with the thread title should be considered infantile of the highest order.

We are a third of the way through the season and already 7 points off the top.  Even a draw here would put us 9 behind Ayr assuming they win their home game.

A draw would not be a bad result for us but if we have any chance of clawing our way up to top spot we will need to win tough games like this one.

As for the thread titele, the OP is an arsehole so it is no surprise.

Despite the 5-1 scoreline, Safranko caused Ross County's first-choice centre-back partnership lots of problems in the last fixture so I expect him to do well again.   The three or even five behind him can give plenty supply to him.  ICT played with a more direct style than I think United will, but ICT's shape showed that with Vigurs as the deepest midfielder County have a soft underbelly, in terms of protecting the space in front of the defence (and the centre of defence itself).

I think both teams will try to go toe-to-toe to dominate possession, but I reckon that it is more likely that the counter attack will be more decisive.  Will either side deliberately set up to contain and counter?  With United having Fyvie and Stanton at centre-mid and three attacking midfielders in front of them I don't think it's in their make-up.  Maybe there's a chance that Rabitsch becomes a third centre-mid in place of King or McMullan, but I'm not convinced Neilson will do that.

On the flipside, I think that County have the balance and experience in their team to more readily play compact and counter more than they have had to recently, even within the same XI.  Lindsay has been excellent getting forward from midfield and is difficult to track.  Booth is a much better player than Robson but I expect Mullin can have the beating of him (after a quiet game against Calder at ICT).

I think Keillor-Dunn and Cowie played below the standard expected in both the Falkirk and ICT matches.  I'd like to get Draper into central midfield again, but Cowie's pressing game could come in handy.  There's not an obvious replacement for left-wing unless Decan McManus is asked to do a job there out of position.  McManus is more of a direct threat than DKD but his touch deserted him last weekend.  County can likely get away with McManus on the left-wing if Murdoch continues at right-back for United.

The atmosphere at the GES has been dire recently, to the extent that I can see a bouyant away support playing a big part in the tone of the match. 

Only 15 tickets left at Tannadice of our initial allocation of 600 for Saturday. 900 or something tickets left on the day which should be fine for everyone.

With It being payday for a lot tomorrow I reckon we will take up around 1000 on Saturday. Another cracking away support for this league.

51 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Only 15 tickets left at Tannadice of our initial allocation of 600 for Saturday. 900 or something tickets left on the day which should be fine for everyone.

With It being payday for a lot tomorrow I reckon we will take up around 1000 on Saturday. Another cracking away support for this league.

But won't you all be extremely exhausted after such a geographical nightmare of a journey?

Robbie Neilson what a fucking walloper!!

Robbie Neilson's "mind games" would probably hold more weight if he didn't sound as though he'd undergone a backstreet transorbital lobotomy.

There are at least four words in that sentence that Neilson doesn’t understand.

8 minutes ago, yoda said:

Robbie Neilson's "mind games" would probably hold more weight if he didn't sound as though he'd undergone a backstreet transorbital lobotomy.

Futurama-Season-1-Episode-7-3-19b8.jpg

Archived