Dross Cunty v Dungpee Pooshited

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Especially considering we've only bought 1 player since relegation - Lewis Toshney - whos played about 20 games in 3 odd years....

Is Toshney pretty much done now?
Last I heard he was off to Arbroath to get game-time after being injured (again), then he got injured (again) and came back to United?

We had him for a spell when McIntyre first joined and (from memory) he looked like he was playing within himself through some injury problems even then, and that was 4 years ago!
Shame like, I remember him being really promising when he broke through, must be brutal to have such a bad run of injuries.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

United will win, as I am in Reykjavik. Any time Dundee United have played when I have been in Reykjavik they have won. THIS IS A FOOLPROOF PLAN GUYS

I hope you get kidnapped.

#champsleague2020

6 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Last I heard he was off to Arbroath to get game-time after being injured (again), then he got injured (again) and came back to United?

We had him for a spell when McIntyre first joined and (from memory) he looked like he was playing within himself through some injury problems even then, and that was 4 years ago!
Shame like, I remember him being really promising when he broke through, must be brutal to have such a bad run of injuries.

Christmas transfer to Dundee for Toshney.

5 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Wether hes fucked or not is yet to be seen. I think Neilson said hell be back soon but i cant remember if that was back for training or back to the first team.

Personally, i think hes a poor player and has a fetish for ridiculous tackles and giving away stupid fouls in bad positions. Especially in high profile games. 

Maybe Robbie can sort that out. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

A big much that, coming from the team who have tried (and so far failed miseraby) to buy their way out of this league for the past couple of years.......

Agreed.

I have long called for us to field a team of guid honest laddies from the jute mills* but it has fallen on deaf ears.

*also whaling crews but appreciate they are often out of town.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Agreed.

I have long called for us to field a team of guid honest laddies from the jute mills* but it has fallen on deaf ears.

Terrible! Missing out the berry pickers! Shame!

• Aubrey Maturin changed the title to Ross County V Weirdo Bananas Dundee United
25 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Wether hes fucked or not is yet to be seen. I think Neilson said hell be back soon but i cant remember if that was back for training or back to the first team.

Personally, i think hes a poor player and has a fetish for ridiculous tackles and giving away stupid fouls in bad positions. Especially in high profile games. 

Maybe Robbie can sort that out. We'll see.

Aye, doesn't look like he'll be back in the top flight again, glad to hear Neilson thinks he'll be back in some capacity though.  Good luck to him.

• Aubrey Maturin changed the title to Ross County V Dundee United
37 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Agreed.

There’s a fair bit of whaling going on over at Dens Park.

Sorry that should read “There’s a fair bit of wailing going on over at Dens Park”.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Are you surprised that a team in the Championship would spend money trying to get back into the Premiership?

Wow.

Absolutely not. It's quite astounding that you could form that impression from that post, tbh.

• Aubrey Maturin changed the title to Dross County V Dungdee United
  • Aubrey Maturin changed the title to TITLE DECIDER - Dungwall Cunty v The World Famous Dundee United (10 Nov 2018)
  • Aubrey Maturin changed the title to Dross Cunty v Dungpee Pooshited
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a fair bit of whaling going on over at Dens Park.

Sorry that should read “There’s a fair bit of wailing going on over at Dens Park”.

Hmmmm. 

That's along  the same lines as as:

"Messi seen at Dens"

Oh sorry...  

"Messy scene at Dens"

Funny as f**k nonetheless. :thumsup2

I've missed the last couple of games, but I think County have looked brittle for a lot of this season. We can keep the ball pretty well, but if teams sit deep and hit us on the counter we can be there for the taking, especially in second halves when Vigurs and Cowie both look knackered. Having Draper at centre half hasn't helped either. Think we can nick this 1-0, but it's not going to be easy.

Archived