Dross Cunty v Dungpee Pooshited

With the 5-1 victory at Fortress Tannadice ancient history now that The Neilson Project is well underway, this promises to be an early season title decider.

A rejuvenated and hungry United have earned 10 points out of 12, while the Highland outfit have drawn their last two against no-hopers Falkirk and fellow Highlanders ICT.

I'm plumping for a glorious 3-2 victory for the Tangerine Terrors, courtesy of a 'Franko brace and a Billy McKay own goal.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, banana said:

With the 5-1 victory at Fortress Tannadice ancient history now that The Neilson Project is well underway, this promises to be an early season title decider.

A rejuvenated and hungry United have earned 10 points out of 12, while the Highland outfit have drawn their last two against no-hopers Falkirk and fellow Highlanders ICT.

I'm plumping for a glorious 3-2 victory for the Tangerine Terrors, courtesy of a 'Franko brace and a Billy McKay own goal.

They will be Pavol'd into submission.

A spirited performance by the two also-rans will see them share the points here while crappy wee diddy team Ayr United, who don't even have 6000 seats, extend the gap between Champions and Losers to five points.

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

A spirited performance by the two also-rans will see them share the points here while crappy wee diddy team Ayr United, who don't even have 6000 seats, extend the gap between Champions and Losers to five points.

That’s the only part of your post that has any merit.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Will be interesting to see how you guys do when your best player is bought by some shite, Sky money bloated English team called Weston-Super-Mare-on-Tynesidington-Stanley for 100 grand in January.

I'm really disappointed to be missing this (stupid friend 'falling in love' and getting married).

With the results over the last week and County dropping points in might take a little bit of pressure from us and to be honest even if we managed to get a point here it would be a decent result. We have County, Alloa and then Ayr so to get 7 out of 9 would be good return from those three.

Same team as yesterday if everyone is injury free (although Frans in for Edge will probably happen). Would like to see Watson back in the squad as we looked a bit fragile once we started picking up defensive injuries yesterday.

Will be interesting to see how you guys do when your best player is bought by some shite, Sky money bloated English team called Weston-Super-Mare-on-Tynesidington-Stanley for 100 grand in January.

Doubt we’ll have to worry about this happening tbh.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I'm really disappointed to be missing this (stupid friend 'falling in love' and getting married).

With the results over the last week and County dropping points in might take a little bit of pressure from us and to be honest even if we managed to get a point here it would be a decent result. We have County, Alloa and then Ayr so to get 7 out of 9 would be good return from those three.

Same team as yesterday if everyone is injury free (although Frans in for Edge will probably happen). Would like to see Watson back in the squad as we looked a bit fragile once we started picking up defensive injuries yesterday.

All things considered a point would be acceptable, however if we are to claw our way closer to Ayr then we need to keep winning.

Ideally I would like to have narrowed the gap with Ayr to maybe 3 or 4 points by the new year although I know that is a hard ask.

6 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

A big much that, coming from the team who have tried (and so far failed miseraby) to buy their way out of this league for the past couple of years.......

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

All things considered a point would be acceptable, however if we are to claw our way closer to Ayr then we need to keep winning.

Ideally I would like to have narrowed the gap with Ayr to maybe 3 or 4 points by the new year although I know that is a hard ask.

I actually would have preferred the Ayr game at home first, rather than a trip to Dingwall. I think we are still probably not at the level Neilson wants from us and the game next Saturday is a huge test (not that Ayr wouldn't be but a home match is a bit more favourable). The club have agreed to let the squad stay overnight up north on the Friday to help with preparations for this.

8 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

A big much that, coming from the team who have tried (and so far failed miseraby) to buy their way out of this league for the past couple of years.......

Are you surprised that a team in the Championship would spend money trying to get back into the Premiership?

Wow.

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Whats that got to do with some random, artificially bloated English seaside team plucking a good player from Scotland for a crap fee and therefore potentially crippling a teams whole season?

Especially considering we've only bought 1 player since relegation - Lewis Toshney - whos played about 20 games in 3 odd years....

I enjoy it when people write tired insults about an opposing team and then write something exaggeratedly positive about their own club.
It's very funny and brings a freshness to the forum.

"Monaco of the North versus some jaded has-been never-were c***s from a city synonymous with being utterly shit even for provincial Britain."

*Chuckle* 

(Granny Danger - i'm being facetious again, I've nothing against Dundee  United)

Obvious thing to say, but we could really do with a win to get the title push going again.  
After the last two games I can see this being another draw to be honest, or maybe Dundee United edge it.
I reckon 3 things need to happen for us to be favourites for this game:

1. get a centre back fit and playing as a  centre-back (it feels like we've hardly done this all season);
  2. get Draper back in midfield (dependent on '1');
  3. get Fraser match-sharp and playing rightback (he's just back from 10 or so games out, so this is probably ambitious).

Getting two centrebacks playing as centrebacks would be a bonus, as would getting Gardyne back. 
Don't see either of those happening in time for this though.
So yeah, I can see this being another draw to be honest, or maybe Dundee United edge it.

Last few games have been pretty open and exciting at least, so from a purely footballing perspective i'm hoping/expecting another good game!

Archived