St Johnstone vs Hamilton Academical -10/11/18

The first meeting between the sides since Im_Rodger overplayed his hand and was so cruelly taken away from us :( 

We’re going into this game having won our last 4 matches without conceding and having beaten Accies in every match since the infamous fight night a couple of years ago - I think that amounts to 5 wins on the spin. This almost inevitably means that Accies will win this match by at least 3 clear goals. 

We went to Easter Road and outballed hibs and have recently gone to Fir Park and Almondvale and outshitested Motherwell and Livingston using largely the same players so it just shows what this squad is capable of on its day.  

In terms of team selection, I’d probably bring back Davidson for Callachan and maybe Swanson or Wotherspoon for Nydam. I can see McMillan being selected over either of those two though given his record against Accies. 

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Wright Davidson Craig Kennedy  

McMillan Watt

DEEFAA1D-2CB5-4560-B3A9-AA9AD3C2FCBF.jpeg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Wait is im_rodger banned? The f**k did he do?

Also 2-0 saints.

He lost a ‘loser leaves the site’ bet with Non Deluded Dee and has stayed true to his word. 

Surely we're due a result against these c***s?
A return to the same kind of performance as the Rangers and Killie games would be preferable, especially in midfield which has been a shambles the last couple of games. Do we miss MacKinnon more than we think?
St Johnstone were so comfortable in the game at NDP and their CBs completely dominated Bingham. It'll be interesting to see how Brustad does against them.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the two suspended players, Imrie and MacKinnon, come straight back in but there's no doubt we'll miss Miller.

Worth mentioning Hearts and Kilmarnock play each other that day too, so there's a real chance we could be in the top four, three points off the top, by the end of this game.

Worth mentioning Hearts and Kilmarnock play each other that day too, so there's a real chance we could be in the top four, three points off the top, by the end of this game.

Let’s keep the high balls low and Stealthily creep under the radar the St Johnstone way.

A game I feel we should win but it's like I'm waiting for the almost inevitable slip up. That said, the reaction from the team post humping from Celtic has been magnificent. Hopefully it will continue. 

5 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

A game I feel we should win but it's like I'm waiting for the almost inevitable slip up. That said, the reaction from the team post humping from Celtic has been magnificent. Hopefully it will continue. 

Thats how I feel. After four superb results, you feel Accies at home is a great opportunity to keep it going. But Accies have a list as long as your arm of points from teams who thought they would beat them comfortably.  Killie played them at home last week on the back of four straight wins and only got a draw.

I'd like to see us take the game to them and play an attacking line up.

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Wright Davidson Craig Swanson

Watt    Kennedy

Got to be careful that we don’t just overlaid the team with attackers. We’ve won 4 games on the bounce by keeping clean sheets, so it’d be silly to just lob another forward player in for the sake of it. I’d imagine it’ll be a very similar team to the one that started against St Mirren, but with Davidson back in for Callachan and probably Spoony in for Nydam, not that I think he deserves to be dropped after Easter Road, but I know Spoony was carrying a knock. Doubt Swanson will start again, but rather off the bench to hopefully devastating effect again.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Any tips on street parking Saints M8's?

We usually park at the stadium but can't be arsed with the queues after the game.

Queues at the stadium have been rectified for away fans, seemingly seamless. If not Random has a spare space on his drive, pm him.

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
19 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We usually park at the stadium but can't be arsed with the queues after the game.

Park at Tesco.

New road layout means you have to pass McDiarmid to access southbound slip road now. Will be an absolute c**t for folk parking in Tesco and b&q.

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Worth asking Saints (or the SLO) if the Accies fans will use the new gate at the stadium and then be given priority access to the A9 after the game. If so, although it'll cost £5, you'll be well down the road south by 5:00pm.

If street parking, you'd be best to do as suggested and park off Newhouse Road but then head up the hill after the game (pretty much keep going straight until you see Broxden roundabout) then approach it from the services there. Pretty much avoid the Crieff Road completely after the game.

Archived