Cambuslang Rangers struggling?

AM-1

From the highlights posted, to me that’s a red card. He comes in high and catches Spencer. The second yellow, only you know what you said to the ref and I’ve no reason to question what you said. You done the same thing I did often and approached him in what appears to be a calm manner, moving players out of the way to ask him a question. Seems a harsh one on the face of it.

50 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

From the highlights posted, to me that’s a red card. He comes in high and catches Spencer. The second yellow, only you know what you said to the ref and I’ve no reason to question what you said. You done the same thing I did often and approached him in what appears to be a calm manner, moving players out of the way to ask him a question. Seems a harsh one on the face of it.

Standing watching that from the enclosure it looked like a red but watching on video it wasn’t as bad as it first looked...a yellow would have been fair

22 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Eh? I was right there when it happened so I’m not talking pish.

Having now watched the highlights are you now willing to admit you may just have been talking pish.

I think your getting confused with Lang captain telling the ref a bit of honest truth after he was shown the second yellow then red.

Referee performances this season have been so bad it’s hard to believe at times what you are witnessing.

lang seam to be getting a pretty raw deal.

only calling it from Lang perspective as they are the team I watch but I’m sure other fans will be just as pissed at things that go on in their games.

lang Captain will remember one that completely change the game V Clydebank this season.

10 minutes in Gemms gets assaulted and elbowed shocking challenge, nothing but a foul given, didn’t even speak to guilty party.

second half Lang cruising at 3-1 midfielder challenges in air makes contact with Clydebank player purely accidental, straight red.  Game changer

the ref yesterday was so bad it’s hard to believe there’s referee supervisors watching these guys and think everything’s ok

A high challenge above the knee which merited a red IMO.  He's a few yards inside his own half, with team mates deeper than he is - no need to make such a foul in there.

Cambuslang striker seems to approach the ref in a decent manner, moving his players back...a harsh second yellow for him.  

Took this game in on Saturday, even although QP were at home (share my Saturdays between the two) First half was very even and Cambuslang had shown a much better attitude towards the officials and it seemed Meadow were losing it a bit (but getting used to the Ayshire teams in particular trying to intimidate the officials) Game started off similar to the first but unfortunately the Lang centre back went to high with his tackle and probably deserved to go off (que the meadow players surrounding the ref) Now I've know John since his QP days and saw it coming, despite trying to button it, he couldn't and not for the first time when things go against him. The manager, I'm sorry but this wont be popular but this lack of discipline comes from his actions and others in the management team.The rest of the players did well with nine but was in part due the Meadow players acting like choir boys.

Anyway, we move on. I believe that Cambuslang now have a group of very talented players (the best I've seen since the 70's probably) In an ideal world they would be able to show their skills but this is junior football there now playing in and they have to win the right to play by being passionate yes but without losing the head. They've had some bad decisions against them but they somehow must not let it effect their play.The lack of discipline is becoming a HUGE concern and as I said comes from the manager (management team) . Results will get better if they do that and in turn keep a full squad available. Lets face now teams know there easily wound up, quess what will happen! C'mon the lang.

Wether they are struggling or not and Paul’s indiscipline be a factor or not. Is it being overlooked that 3 seasons ago they were in the bottom tier ?
The committee and management have done amazing and although they have recruited very very big names and prospects surely with so much change behind the scenes and players on it that it can only be expected that they struggle ? They could just be finding their feet together in the top division and come good in seasons to come if they stick together

4 hours ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Took this game in on Saturday, even although QP were at home (share my Saturdays between the two) First half was very even and Cambuslang had shown a much better attitude towards the officials and it seemed Meadow were losing it a bit (but getting used to the Ayshire teams in particular trying to intimidate the officials)

Exactly what was happening last week  in the Scottish at Kilsyth. Every time a decision went against them the Meadow players were round the ref like flies round a s**t. Fortunately he was having none of it and they got what they deserved, a good hiding.

My tuppence worth!  

First red, is not a straight red in my book, mis timed and full blooded, but going for ball, assume its been thought to be dangerous play?  Yellow would have sufficed for me

Red for Gemmell seems ludicrous, calmly moved the players away, and had no other dealing in the situation to that point, unless hes called him a "useless c**t" or something in the short conversation they had, its just a bad decision

Took this game in on Saturday, even although QP were at home (share my Saturdays between the two) First half was very even and Cambuslang had shown a much better attitude towards the officials and it seemed Meadow were losing it a bit (but getting used to the Ayshire teams in particular trying to intimidate the officials) Game started off similar to the first but unfortunately the Lang centre back went to high with his tackle and probably deserved to go off (que the meadow players surrounding the ref) Now I've know John since his QP days and saw it coming, despite trying to button it, he couldn't and not for the first time when things go against him. The manager, I'm sorry but this wont be popular but this lack of discipline comes from his actions and others in the management team.The rest of the players did well with nine but was in part due the Meadow players acting like choir boys.
Anyway, we move on. I believe that Cambuslang now have a group of very talented players (the best I've seen since the 70's probably) In an ideal world they would be able to show their skills but this is junior football there now playing in and they have to win the right to play by being passionate yes but without losing the head. They've had some bad decisions against them but they somehow must not let it effect their play.The lack of discipline is becoming a HUGE concern and as I said comes from the manager (management team) . Results will get better if they do that and in turn keep a full squad available. Lets face now teams know there easily wound up, quess what will happen! C'mon the lang.

Reasonable point but I’ve stated what was said as players are told to approach the ref in a calm manner for clarification and that is what happened. Sadly he had no intention of giving any answer just wanted to make the game about him, as usual. I’ve already explained word for word what I said so if that merits a red card then god help us

Agree decent comments and being about 20 feet away from this heard absolutely nothing that was said or in an aggressive manner that would remotely warrant a second yellow.  I think people are confusing Gemms telling the ref exactly what he was after he received the second yellow.

Totally agree Meadow players moaned like bitches from the first to last whistle at everything, that apart the ref was just a joke and sadly he wanted it to be all about him.

As for Lang management getting angry, this only happens when refs and officials make ludicrous decisions on the whole they are pretty calm.  Worst by a mile are the Petershill dugout, absolute lunatics.

Having now watched the highlights are you now willing to admit you may just have been talking pish.
I think your getting confused with Lang captain telling the ref a bit of honest truth after he was shown the second yellow then red.
Referee performances this season have been so bad it’s hard to believe at times what you are witnessing.
lang seam to be getting a pretty raw deal.
only calling it from Lang perspective as they are the team I watch but I’m sure other fans will be just as pissed at things that go on in their games.
lang Captain will remember one that completely change the game V Clydebank this season.
10 minutes in Gemms gets assaulted and elbowed shocking challenge, nothing but a foul given, didn’t even speak to guilty party.
second half Lang cruising at 3-1 midfielder challenges in air makes contact with Clydebank player purely accidental, straight red.  Game changer
the ref yesterday was so bad it’s hard to believe there’s referee supervisors watching these guys and think everything’s ok

A bit of whattabboutery there as if Cambuslang are the only team hard done to. We, along with many other teams have been on the receiving end of some terrible decisions. We complain about it at the time, or for a few hours after but we get over it.

Fair enough to Gemmil it doesn’t look like he done much so a very harsh booking. Still convinced the challenge merited a red card.

And to the QP fan who said medda surrounded the ref before the red card. The video shows more Lang players round him than meadow players.

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

A bit of whattabboutery there as if Cambuslang are the only team hard done to. We, along with many other teams have been on the receiving end of some terrible decisions. We complain about it at the time, or for a few hours after but we get over it.

Fair enough to Gemmil it doesn’t look like he done much so a very harsh booking. Still convinced the challenge merited a red card.

And to the QP fan who said medda surrounded the ref before the red card. The video shows more Lang players round him than meadow players.

“Whattabboutery”

You obviously missed the bit when I stated “only calling it from Lang perspective as they are the team I watch but I’m sure other fans will be just as pissed at things that go on in their games.”

Anyway lets just agree that the standard of referees is shocking across the board and is ruining games.  They are trying to manage the games using cards.   

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the game today and felt their was nothing between the teams, lang unlucky not to get a draw in the end. As I've said before, its just great to be able to compete with these top teams now, long may it continue. Still got a bit of a discipline issue, though.

Edited by PASSANDMOVE

1 hour ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Was at the game today and felt their was nothing between the teams, unlucky not to get a draw in the end. As I've said before, its just great to be able to compete with these top teams now, long may it continue. Still got a bit of a discipline issue, though.

Spot on. Gave away two very poor goals. Dominated second half. Need to sort out the discipline. It could come back to haunt them.