Ayr v Queens

Anyone who thinks we aren't where we deserve to be, obviously hasn't attended many of our games. We're up top on merit and have dominated the majority of our matches, I can't actually recall any game where we've been "lucky" or "got away with murder" etc and in fact we were extremely unfortunate not to take something from Dingwall.

We may not have a huge pool of players but we do have around 17 or 18 players who are all regular 1st team standard and I also can't think of anyone who seriously weakens our team.

Long way to go, but having played everyone  I really see nothing we should be fearing from your Dundee United's or anyone else. (QOS aberration, as Yid puts it, aside).

#BELIEVE

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wasn't a fluke but you could call it a freak result apart from rangers, Falkirk at home and county away no one else has scored more than one against us.

Aye, we had scored 23 goals in the 7 previous games so the fact we scored so many in that game was definitely a freak occurrence.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Anyone who thinks we aren't where we deserve to be, obviously hasn't attended many of our games. We're up top on merit and have dominated the majority of our matches, I can't actually recall any game where we've been "lucky" or "got away with murder" etc and in fact we were extremely unfortunate not to take something from Dingwall.

We may not have a huge pool of players but we do have around 17 or 18 players who are all regular 1st team standard and I also can't think of anyone who seriously weakens our team.

Long way to go, but having played everyone  I really see nothing we should be fearing from your Dundee United's or anyone else. (QOS aberration, as Yid puts it, aside).

#BELIEVE

We were a bit lucky on Saturday!  Dodgy keeper plus a fair bit of ineptitude from the Falkirk front line gave us the win when a draw would probably have been fair.

The stats don’t back up this “Falkirk were unlucky” chat. We had something like 59% possession, far more shots at goal, far more corners, and Falkirk failed to manage one shot on target. We won because we attacked more than them and when you do that you obviously increase the chances of a “lucky” goal.

Getting that result after what sounds like a sickness bug passed through the squad last week is even more impressive.  Hopefully everyone is back to full health for Saturday as Dobbie is likely to take the half chances that Falkirk got on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Parkhouse said:

The stats don’t back up this “Falkirk were unlucky” chat. We had something like 59% possession, far more shots at goal, far more corners, and Falkirk failed to manage one shot on target. We won because we attacked more than them and when you do that you obviously increase the chances of a “lucky” goal.

Wouldn’t say Falkirk were unlucky, but I lost count of the number of times they got in behind us in the wide areas and then proceeded to do anything other than find someone with the same colour of shirt as them.  Credit goes to Bell and Rose who defended well, but truthfully a better team would have hurt us.  Outside of Moore’s goal which should have been saved, I don’t honestly remember us having many chances other than 2 efforts from Shankland, one over the bar and one past the post.

While most if not all Ayr United fans are extremely happy with young Doohan's performances between the sticks, I wonder if the same can be said about Queen's fans and their keeper Alan Martin - at fault for both goals against the Arabs last Saturday I'd say....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm0rpk9Ij_I.

He'll need a vastly improved performance if Shankland is on form. 

I couldn’t agree more- if any team has serious aspirations about competing for promotion it is inconceivable that this will be achieved by sitting back trying to frustrate teams. I actually backed you at a huge price to win the league after your league cup exploits and while there is a long road ahead I am very envious of your approach and positive outlook. Even if you fall short at end of day(and I don’t see any reason why you will fall away) the anticipation of expecting to win games and looking forward to Saturday afternoons is what it’s surely all about.

20 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

While most if not all Ayr United fans are extremely happy with young Doohan's performances between the sticks, I wonder if the same can be said about Queen's fans and their keeper Alan Martin - at fault for both goals against the Arabs last Saturday I'd say....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm0rpk9Ij_I.

Many QOS fans losing patience with Martin well before our match on Saturday. Saturday didn`t help though.

8 hours ago, WATTOO said:

#BELIEVE

Morton away? 

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Martin was a great keeper when he played for Ayr. Or else we were so piss poor at the time that the rest of the team made him look good.

Most QOS fans were I think pleased when we signed him. He wasn`t helped that he seemed to be injured from pretty much the outset. He`s been a real disappointment thus far.  Dumbarton fans also rated him. He`s a significant part (though not only part) of the reason that we seem to struggle to defend any high ball into our box. Time to try Leighfield in goals from my point of view.

57 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Many QOS fans losing patience with Martin well before our match on Saturday. Saturday didn`t help though.

1st time I have seen those after reading about two goalkeeping howlers and not having been there. I wouldnt blame the keeper for either of them to be honest, though Martin's own reaction to the first suggested he took the blame. Its a great cross though and difficult to come for. Safranko's movement is good but Fordyce isnt tight enough.

2nd one is a terrible error from Doyle. I dont think its a coincidence he hasnt played full back in about 3 months and then loses his position about ten mins after going out there.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

1st time I have seen those after reading about two goalkeeping howlers and not having been there. I wouldnt blame the keeper for either of them to be honest, though Martin's own reaction to the first suggested he took the blame. Its a great cross though and difficult to come for. Safranko's movement is good but Fordyce isnt tight enough.

2nd one is a terrible error from Doyle. I dont think its a coincidence he hasnt played full back in about 3 months and then loses his position about ten mins after going out there.

All about opinions I guess and Fordyce should do better but if the keeper comes out for a ball that`s in the air for a long time then the situation is dealt with. Pretty clear form Naysmith`s interview on Saturday that he felt the same.  As you confirm Martin knew he should have come for the cross but sadly it`s  no surprise that he didn`t.

Edit to add that Martin`s kicking was woeful first half on Saturday. He actually got an ironic cheer when he finally kept one in the park after a series of awful kicks. He also had the good humour to acknowledge the cheer and good on him for that.

Agree the second goal is awful by Doyle.

Archived