Ayr v Queens

Never thought after we beat Ayr 5 nil that they would be top next time we play them.

Ayr looking really good Dobbie has gone off form for us so no goal threat from us .

Was going to travel to the game but I think it would be a waste of time and money Ayr win for me 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Never thought after we beat Ayr 5 nil that they would be top next time we play them.

Ayr looking really good Dobbie has gone off form for us so no goal threat from us .

Was going to travel to the game but I think it would be a waste of time and money Ayr win for me 

Eh he scored mid week, he ain't off form the team isn't set up to help him! Hopefully Harkins back in v Ayr will help everybody. 

Hopefully we show the last game was an off day, think the big farmer could come back into the team personally I'd play Mcdaid in front of Geggan but can understand why he gives you a bit of dig in midfield and allows Smith to roam up the right

Doohan
Smith Adams Rose Hardie
Geegan Kerr Murdoch Forrest
Moore Shankland

Adams will start but not sure where tbh because Bell and Rose are a solid pairing.  Shanks off colour today  but word was he was ill anyway - the boy is due an off day.

Played way below what we're capable of and still got the 3 points - start to dream....until January anyway.   

Well done the fans today - awesome support throughout.

Right...back to this pint.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would like to see Moffat involved but can’t drop Moore after he scored today.

This is the paradox. Moffat makes for a much better team with his link-up play, but dropping players who score winning goals makes no sense. Does make for tighter games though.

Entirely possible this will be another 5-0 bloodbath, though you'd imagine the orders will be for Ayr to take control of the game as early and as brutally as possible.

51 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hopefully we show the last game was an off day, think the big farmer could come back into the team personally I'd play Mcdaid in front of Geggan but can understand why he gives you a bit of dig in midfield and allows Smith to roam up the right

Doohan
Smith Adams Rose Hardie
Geegan Kerr Murdoch Forrest
Moore Shankland

Bell and Rose were superb today, as they generally have been since last January.  Baffled as to why anyone would want to break up that partnership.  Could see the argument if queens play hoof ball and we need Adams aerial presence, but we know they don’t.   

Bell and Rose were superb today, as they generally have been since last January.  Baffled as to why anyone would want to break up that partnership.  Could see the argument if queens play hoof ball and we need Adams aerial presence, but we know they don’t.   
I prefer Bell as a footballer to Adams but think Mcall will go back to Adams for this one, when you think about is amazing to think how well we are doing defensive when both Adams and Bell probably seen as midfilders before this season, Rose is probably our only recognised center back

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Eh he scored mid week, he ain't off form the team isn't set up to help him! Hopefully Harkins back in v Ayr will help everybody. 

On one hand  I want to see Harkins back at Somerset just for the bantz it'll cause, on the other I expect if  this  is the game he comes back from injury on then he'll  probably put in a MOTM goal scoring last minute winner.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

I prefer Bell as a footballer to Adams but think Mcall will go back to Adams for this one, when you think about is amazing to think how well we are doing defensive when both Adams and Bell probably seen as midfilders before this season, Rose is probably our only recognised center back

Doesn’t matter where Adams plays, what he is best at and wants to do is go and physically compete with someone.  That has its place, but our downfall in Dumfries was that we didn’t have anyone with a football brain to match up against Dobbie and to a lesser extent Harkins.  Headless chicken stuff.  In the ideal world, I’d start Docherty and tell him to stick to Dobbie like a limpet mine.  Our past tactic of giving him the freedom of the park has run its course.  Think it might be worth Geggan booting Harkins up in the air as well - but that’s kind of irrespective of what’s happening in the game.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

One game without a goal, shocking.

You are like the advert for why pensioners shouldn't be allowed access to the internet.

59 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Doesn’t matter where Adams plays, what he is best at and wants to do is go and physically compete with someone.  That has its place, but our downfall in Dumfries was that we didn’t have anyone with a football brain to match up against Dobbie and to a lesser extent Harkins.  Headless chicken stuff.  In the ideal world, I’d start Docherty and tell him to stick to Dobbie like a limpet mine.  Our past tactic of giving him the freedom of the park has run its course.  Think it might be worth Geggan booting Harkins up in the air as well - but that’s kind of irrespective of what’s happening in the game.

I disagree, the issue at Palmerston was allowing Dykes to win every long ball without even a challenge. He would win the ball and play in Harkins, Dobbie or Stirling. We need to counter his aerial ability. I would put big Adams on him. The other failing was closing down, Dobbie & Harkins got goals from the edge of the box because we stood off them. With players of that quality you cannot do that.

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

To be honest in terms of a physical match up you were ragdolled by Dykes in the first game. That was key in producing the opportunity for Dobbie and Harkins to excel.

I disagree, the issue at Palmerston was allowing Dykes to win every long ball without even a challenge. He would win the ball and play in Harkins, Dobbie or Stirling. We need to counter his aerial ability. I would put big Adams on him. The other failing was closing down, Dobbie & Harkins got goals from the edge of the box because we stood off them. With players of that quality you cannot do that.

Dykes hasn’t kicked or headed a ball since :(

Approach it like Dunfermline and Dundee Utd (sit in) and we'll get comfortably beaten. Go toe-to-toe with them and we're clearly capable of getting something. I expect it'll be the shitebag approach though with Dobbie isolated and therefore useless, and a comfortable win for Ayr.

Obviously I hope we approach it the same way we did at Palmerston though.

Archived