Ayr v Queens

Bit of a disappointing game yesterday. Queens came to Somerset looking for a point and they got it so fair play to them for that. Given the fact they pumped us at Palmerston I’d of thought they would of had more of a go against us. 

Before the game it was built up as the Lawrence Shankland v Stephen Dobbie shoot out but in reality both were off the boil. Can’t remember Dobbie doing much other that hitting the inside of the post from a shot out of nowhere, just shows the talent he’s got that he can create something from nothing. 

Luckilky for us, Ross County got beat however a draw would of probably been the perfect result in that game as Dundee United have really picked up since getting a competent manager. Neither County or United are playing on Saturday so a chance to open up more of a gap. 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit of a disappointing game yesterday. Queens came to Somerset looking for a point and they got it so fair play to them for that. Given the fact they pumped us at Palmerston I’d of thought they would of had more of a go against us. 

Before the game it was built up as the Lawrence Shankland v Stephen Dobbie shoot out but in reality both were off the boil. Can’t remember Dobbie doing much other that hitting the inside of the post from a shot out of nowhere, just shows the talent he’s got that he can create something from nothing. 

Luckilky for us, Ross County got beat however a draw would of probably been the perfect result in that game as Dundee United have really picked up since getting a competent manager. Neither County or United are playing on Saturday so a chance to open up more of a gap. 

Queens were set up to attack Dobbie  and Dykes up top with Harkins in behind them but it did not work as Ayr had all of the ball passed it really well .

We changed to 4-4-2  in the 2nd half had a bit more of the ball but as you would expect with Ayr full of confidence they still looked good .

Happy with a point Ayr look a really good side only problem for them is that they might lose a few players in Jan.

We didn’t come for a draw whatsoever. Playing 2 up-front, Harkins behind them and Josh Todd, an attacking winger, playing behind Harkins it would insinuate that we weren’t content sitting back and taking a 0-0. Our defence were deeper than usual, and we surrendered possession a bit, but that’s expected against top of the league, against a team that had a 100% win record at Somerset this season.

9 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

We didn’t come for a draw whatsoever. Playing 2 up-front, Harkins behind them and Josh Todd, an attacking winger, playing behind Harkins it would insinuate that we weren’t content sitting back and taking a 0-0. Our defence were deeper than usual, and we surrendered possession a bit, but that’s expected against top of the league, against a team that had a 100% win record at Somerset this season.

Thought qos were there to win right up until injury time when the keeper started to hold onto ball.

Disappointed with the draw but happy enough with the overall picture after Saturday.

Very surprised at the number of QoS fans there, over 400 and created a good atmosphere so fair play to them. Let themselves down with the frequency of the 'Ayr Ayr F**k Yer Ayr' chants, with the addition of the 'Black and White b*****ds We Don't Care' verse being even more of a beamer. Still preferable to the sound of a rattle for 90 minutes though.

13 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens were set up to attack Dobbie  and Dykes up top with Harkins in behind them but it did not work as Ayr had all of the ball passed it really well .

We changed to 4-4-2  in the 2nd half had a bit more of the ball but as you would expect with Ayr full of confidence they still looked good .

Happy with a point Ayr look a really good side only problem for them is that they might lose a few players in Jan.

I've got to agree with you there and unlike some others I actually enjoyed the game and thought it was a proper football match with two very well drilled sides giving little to each other in the way of chances.

It's also as well as we've played from a footballing perspective for a few weeks, however your defence marshalled us brilliantly for the most part and ultimately, despite our possession, I was happy enough with a point which consolidated our position at the top.

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I've got to agree with you there and unlike some others I actually enjoyed the game and thought it was a proper football match with two very well drilled sides giving little to each other in the way of chances.

It's also as well as we've played from a footballing perspective for a few weeks, however your defence marshalled us brilliantly for the most part and ultimately, despite our possession, I was happy enough with a point which consolidated our position at the top.

I agree with regards the Queens back 4.

Without question our strongest defensive line up.

Archived