Ayr v Queens

I don't we're going on like anything. We're pleased with a point yet for some reason your posts come across like you're foaming at the mouth.
If you say so. Personally it seems like you're trying to make a bigger deal out of something than it is. What was it you called it... bite.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good quality highlights. Ayr clearly the better side in the first half but for all their efforts it was still Dobbie that came closest to scoring. Thought there was a good claim for an Ayr penalty when Dykes looked to tug back someone at the corner. I reckon if Beaton sees that he gives it.

Second half we looked as if we came into a bit more but neither side had any major chances outwith their goals.

Going by the highlights a draw looked fair.

That`s fair. 
Mod1967 was foaming at the mouth days befote this game so who knows what he`s doing now :lol:

Tbf I’ve never actually seen him on here before or at least can’t remember anything he’s said. I’m hoping he won’t be back.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
23 minutes ago, D said:

Shite post.

You need to give him something he can quote and pass off as a great “bite”. This simply will not do!!!

It's strange the way they're going on, you'd think it's a point away to Man City they'd picked up. Is this what happens when you're top of the league or are their expectations just really low.

Mid-table team in indifferent run of  form lately travels to play against top of table team on excellent run of form,  top of table team apply plenty of pressure which mid-table team cope with well til late in the game,  top of table team eventually score but mid-table team manage to equalise leading to  fans of mid-table team celebrating securing a hard-earned point.  I don't see anything OTT about Queens fans being happy with this result.  Ayr fans should be enjoying the situation they're in,  it's as if some can't get their heads around the fact they are the top dogs,  at the moment,  that every other team wants to take down.  

Just home. A great day all in all. The first time I have been to Somerset since we steamrolled the seaside league. Ayr are a much tougher prospect these day though.

I haven’t looked at any of the other posts yet, but for me a draw was fair result. Ayr had a lot of  possession without really creating too much. 

I only seen one shot on goal from Queens. Dobbie hitting the post.  I was in the toilet when we equalised. With the cheer from the crowd I thought Ayr had got their second.

I liked Ayr’s play though. They are tidy passing side and you can see that on different day how they would dominate teams and get the win. 

I was happy with the draw but good luck to Ayr, they are very easy on the eye to watch.

Thought Ayr were the better side but not by the margin that the match stats would suggest.

Martin did well today - the saves were ones you would hope your keeper would make but he got his angles right and dealt well with some tricky skidding shots. Much better from keeper.

Thought we generally defended solidly and competed very well but disappointing that we can’t keep the ball better and we have started to struggle to create chances.

Young Semple was excellent yesterday. Shankland is on fire this season and for the second time this season Semple battered him.

His interview referring to ‘ pumping ‘ Ayr last time is brilliant.

For all the teams faults we are an very very hard team to beat. 

3 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Young Semple was excellent yesterday. Shankland is on fire this season and for the second time this season Semple battered him.

His interview referring to ‘ pumping ‘ Ayr last time is brilliant.

For all the teams faults we are an very very hard team to beat. 

Semple was at fault for the goal lost his man at the corner gave Rose a free header that is not good enough no good joking after the game that he lost his man 

We were the better team without necessarily creating enough clear cut chances.

Some observations:

Queens away support were ace singing for the full 90 minutes. Kudos for that.

Dobbies strike came from a horrific defensive throw-in for us where we gave Queens possession in our own half. 

Why did Crawford get 90 minutes? He was abysmal  at times. He should not be being played wide left. Shoehorning him in isn't working!

What do McDaid and Moffat need to do to start? Moore was stinking upfront (harsh but fair).

A point was a bit frustrating given we took the lead with 15 mins to go.

39 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Semple was at fault for the goal lost his man at the corner gave Rose a free header that is not good enough no good joking after the game that he lost his man 

Personally I thought it was good that he acknowledged his error in his interview. It was probably the only time in the game he lost his man. 

Shankland was pretty anonymous, I thought Moore looked more of a threat. He buzzed about being a general annoyance in a similar vein to John Baird. He even has the same puffed up pigeon chest as him.

From early on it had the feel of a game that would be settled by a mistake due to the conditions, an opportunistic bit of quality like Dobbie’s shot off the post, or a set play.

I’m not doubting Shankland’s ability before anyone gets butthurt, but our weaknesses are such that Ayr’s centre-halves, or any team for that matter, pose more of a threat than their forwards.

Shankland was pretty anonymous, I thought Moore looked more of a threat. He buzzed about being a general annoyance in a similar vein to John Baird. He even has the same puffed up pigeon chest as him.

From early on it had the feel of a game that would be settled by a mistake due to the conditions, an opportunistic bit of quality like Dobbie’s shot off the post, or a set play.

I’m not doubting Shankland’s ability before anyone gets butthurt, but our weaknesses are such that Ayr’s centre-halves, or any team for that matter, pose more of a threat than their forwards.

Don’t know what game you were watching, but saying Shankland was anonymous is a bit like me saying “Not sure what all the fuss is about Dobbie”

Oh shut up. The guy openly admitted he was at fault for the goal. Away and watch Annan ffs.

Don’t know what game you were watching, but saying Shankland was anonymous is a bit like me saying “Not sure what all the fuss is about Dobbie”

Dobbie was well marshalled by your defence and was limited to a non-chance out of nothing and little else. So you would be within your rights to say that.

It wasn’t a dig at Shankland, just an observation from a Queens perspective that we have kept him quiet twice, and generally deal with the league’s top forwards well. Our vulnerabilities lie elsewhere. I’d be much more nervous defending a corner than an attack from open play against most teams.

Dobbie was well marshalled by your defence and was limited to a non-chance out of nothing and little else. So you would be within your rights to say that.

It wasn’t a dig at Shankland, just an observation from a Queens perspective that we have kept him quiet twice, and generally deal with the league’s top forwards well. Our vulnerabilities lie elsewhere. I’d be much more nervous defending a corner than an attack from open play against most teams.
Have to agree. I was at work and had Bet365 on the go. I was far more nervous when Ayr had a corner than I was when it said "Dangerous Attack".

After re-assessing the game yesterday, i thought that over the whole game we were probably the better side.

I do feel annoyed that we never held on at the end and especially the soft goal that we conceded, why a lump into the box from pretty much the half way line is giving us that many issues i do not know. 

On the positives, it brings us 4 points top which is really good going into really hard games soon. 

46 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Shankland was pretty anonymous, I thought Moore looked more of a threat. 

The reason for this is that Shankland has to hold the ball up and play Moore in when he partners him.

When Shankland partners Moffat, Moffat is the provider and Shankland is the better for it in my opinion.

Archived