Ayr v Queens

Draw probably a fair result, Shankland and Dobbie had flashes throughout the game but neither really stood out. 

Queens were poor playing out from the back, none of the back 4 and most of the midfield lacked any passing ability or any real creativity which maybe explains why they are where they are.  

Smith, Rose and Kerr played well, wasn't a day for Moore and Crawford was brilliant in spells but dreadful in others. 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Draw probably a fair result, Shankland and Dobbie had flashes throughout the game but neither really stood out. 

Queens were poor playing out from the back, none of the back 4 and most of the midfield lacked any passing ability or any real creativity which maybe explains why they are where they are.  

Smith, Rose and Kerr played well, wasn't a day for Moore and Crawford was brilliant in spells but dreadful in others. 

When did our back 4 have any chance to play out from the back. 

They defended very well against a good side.

for a side that are where they are you lot can’t turn them over !!

Result didn't surprise me of the teams I've seen I thought queens are a solid u nit at the back and they are better than their recent results they have Dobbie getting them out of jail. Heard today that Dobbie is there next manager in waiting.

We played too many balls up top to their  strengths and their excellent centre back Semple who gobbled up , apologies to an earlier post you were right it was Semple who took care of  Shankland  at Dumfries and he did the same today, but I stilll like the boy Doyle.

I still think our best partnership is Moffat and Shankland, Moore doesent do it for me, don't care how many he scores for me he is still an impact player from the bench.

Robbie still struggling but I thought he had a good first half better than recently.

Spoke to some people before the game  the Sheffield Utd scout was at the game and he said there is a lot of interest in Rose and Shankland can't see us having them after January, but that's the way it goes when your successfull people come looking.

The worry I have is Rose going , I spoke today at length with Sunderland’s scout , he travelled up from Sunderland this morning , told me no interest in Shankland but very interested in Rose , he has watched him away to Partick and today , hope he comes again as Rose seems to score at the games he attends 

13 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Heard one or two (or more) choice words from a section of Queens fans when Connor Murray came on. They were eating those words a matter of seconds later.

I can`t imagine that was what bothered Naysmith.  Pretty easy to deal with that in an interview

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Result didn't surprise me of the teams I've seen I thought queens are a solid u nit at the back and they are better than their recent results they have Dobbie getting them out of jail. Heard today that Dobbie is there next manager in waiting.

We played too many balls up top to their  strengths and their excellent centre back Semple who gobbled up , apologies to an earlier post you were right it was Semple who took care of  Shankland  at Dumfries and he did the same today, but I stilll like the boy Doyle.

I still think our best partnership is Moffat and Shankland, Moore doesent do it for me, don't care how many he scores for me he is still an impact player from the bench.

Robbie still struggling but I thought he had a good first half better than recently.

Spoke to some people before the game  the Sheffield Utd scout was at the game and he said there is a lot of interest in Rose and Shankland can't see us having them after January, but that's the way it goes when your successfull people come looking.

Possible that`s why the scout was there but quite possible  he was checking up on Semple who we have on loan from said club.

You sneaked a point after getting outplayed for 90 mins. Calm doon.
Glad you went home happy with your point.
QOS diddy status confirmed
On chances we had much more than you. And you let us dominate  possession? Giving yourself more credit than you're due there I'd say.
Dunno. When was the last time QOS came to Somerset and sat back  for the whole game and celebrate a point more than they did the 5-0?
Reach for the stars QOS
Someone's really hurting tonight.

10 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

The Sheffield Utd Scout was not a scout but Callum Semple grandad and dad who come to every game.

10 hour round trip for them today. Had a chat with them in the bowling club.

54 minutes ago, SueSue said:

When did our back 4 have any chance to play out from the back. 

They defended very well against a good side.

for a side that are where they are you lot can’t turn them over !!

You've missed what I was saying because of the chip that most QOTS fans have on your shoulder about Ayr, I love the raging exclamation points

I'll break it down for you

Your defence and midfield didn't pass the ball well, you have 2-3 gifted players that carry the creative can for you. if they don't perform well, you don't create much. Harkins plays well in spells, Dobbie was mostly quiet today. This, is , in my opinion why you are not further up the league.

I didn't mention anything about your quality of actual defending.

Shite post.

You need to give him something he can quote and pass off as a great “bite”. This simply will not do!!!
It's strange the way they're going on, you'd think it's a point away to Man City they'd picked up. Is this what happens when you're top of the league or are their expectations just really low.

It's strange the way they're going on, you'd think it's a point away to Man City they'd picked up. Is this what happens when you're top of the league or are their expectations just really low.

This is what happens when you’re #bigtime.

I don't we're going on like anything. We're pleased with a point yet for some reason your posts come across like you're foaming at the mouth.

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
21 minutes ago, D said:

Shite post.

You need to give him something he can quote and pass off as a great “bite”. This simply will not do!!!

No it`s a decent point away to the team who are deservedly top of the league after going a goal down with 15 minutes to go. That`s a pleasing result and gives us 4 points from 2 games against a  good side. Our expectations at this stage are that we`ll stay in this league again, though we`re still in the mix for a top 4 spot ( FWIW I think we`ll come up short for this).  Most of our "going on" is I suspect a result of the conviction that a good number of Ayr fans  had that you would gain revenge for our (flukey) 5-0 win earlier in the season.  

I don't we're going on like anything. We're pleased with a point yet for some reason your posts come across like you're foaming at the mouth.

There is literally not one post from an Ayr fan that comes across as “foaming at the mouth”.

Think a few of our fans are a bit disgruntled at dropping two points which is fair enough as we did enough to win that game but we’re not overly angry at the result.

Archived