Ayr v Queens

On 07/11/2018 at 08:07, ayrunitedfw said:

The first of two back to back home games for us. We have a 100% win record at home and I’d be hugely disappointed if that changes on Saturday. Luckily I was on holiday when the teams met at Palmerston earlier in the season but I’ve put that down to a bad day at the office for us/ Dobbie being unplayable on the day. 

McCall again has a lot of touch choices to make, Who partners Michael Rose at the back? For me Him and Bell are our best partnership. Who partners Shankers up front? I didn’t think Moore was great on Saturday but it would extremely harsh to drop him after him scoring the winner although it was a tad fortunate with the goalkeeping error and lastly who plays on the wings. Personally I don’t think Geggan gives us enough going forward when he’s on the right wing. 

To summarise I’d go:

Doohan
Smith Bell Rose Harvie
McDaid  Kerr Murdoch Forrest
Moore Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Higgins, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Moffat. 

Queens Fans- Do you lot still take they weird rattle things to away games? Weird bunch. 

Jamie Adams and Andy Geggan out for today so Ferguson and Higgins (if fit) to go on the bench. If Higgins is fit I’d bring him on for the last 10/15 minutes. I’m sure he’ll get a good reception from the Queens fans still in the ground. 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys get along to the Bellrock bar the day on 144 ayr road for a pint and to watch the early kick off Cardiff v Brighton we have a large area at the bar and also a bit through the back of the pub for away buses, booked right at the door step of pub with all live sports showing (racing aswell) hope to see both sets of fans in as usual and here’s to another Ayr win !

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Jamie Adams and Andy Geggan out for today so Ferguson and Higgins (if fit) to go on the bench. If Higgins is fit I’d bring him on for the last 10/15 minutes. I’m sure he’ll get a good reception from the Queens fans still in the ground. 

If we're that far ahead I'm sure some will leave sharp.  Or if we've been as "negative"  as the past few games some may be pissed off and leave.  Either way Higgins should get a good reception,  well liked by the Doonhamers.   Considering Nicky Clark got booed by a few Queens fans when he came on for Dundee Utd though there are a few Queens fans who take exception to any former player at another club,  irrespective of what they achieved when here. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jamie Adams - good guy

Chris Higgins - good guy

Nicky Clark - good guy

Sandy Clark - total and utter w**k

More like it.  I prefer to rate players on what they did when here rather than after they've left. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't boo any former players. But I certainly wouldn't feel the need to applaud Clark either.

I'd expect Higgins to get a good reception.

Surely not necessary to boo or applaud if you think that,   just ignore him. 

Surely not necessary to boo or applaud if you think that,   just ignore him. 
That's what I do. I don't hold him in as high regard as other fans for his exploits in a diddy league but similarly I don't have such ill feeling towards him that I feel the need to boo.

Archived