Ayr v Queens

Would you prefer goals galore and mid table or boring shite and promotion?
i know it’s boring shite and mid table at the moment but you get my drift.

We do ok at goals galore and top of the table with the odd bit of occasional boring shite.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SueSue said:

If that`s aimed at QOS fans then boring shite and promotion please, 

Boring shite won`t get us promotion though.

If that`s aimed at QOS fans then boring shite and promotion please, 
Boring shite won`t get us promotion though.
Nah it's relating to the fact that we've been quite boring recently.

I enjoyed both the Thistle and Falkirk wins - but in neither game did we play well.

Every fan would prefer the latter. The frustration with us is that we've had goals galore and looked good. When we've tried the boring shite we've looked vulnerable; Dunfermline being the exception.

We aren't good enough defensively to sit in against decent teams and not be punished. Whereas when we've had a go at sides we look dangerous and on top of that the heat is off our defence. Why we've started being cautious in our approach is not only frustrating but very confusing as well as we looking far better when we get in the opposition's faces. As I've said already, if we approach like that we'll get a result tomorrow. If we sit in and look to counter we'll be comfortably beaten.

If we were actually suited to a defensive industrial style of football and it could somehow get us promotion I have to be honest and say that I would prefer that. The prize of getting to the Premier League would trump everything because it would be such a game changer in terms of our income model.

Does your question insist that I have to actually go and watch the games?

If we were actually suited to a defensive industrial style of football and it could somehow get us promotion I have to be honest and say that I would prefer that. The prize of getting to the Premier League would trump everything because it would be such a game changer in terms of our income model.

Does your question insist that I have to actually go and watch the games?
Aye. Get your arse along!

I've been waiting for years for a team like this.

13 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

We are much better at attacking than defending so if Naysmith sets up to 'contain' then we will lose, if we go at them then anything can happen as seen last time. Will we be behind the goals for this one?

Depends how many you've told us you expect to bring. Either that or behind the dugout and the stand

Is Harkins fit for tomorrow?

Weather is supposed to be no bad for tomorrow so less chance of it turning into a shitfest. Expect Crawford to start tomorrow, he really needs to put in a big performance. Expecting plenty of goals either way.

Queens will win this.

Had 3 options for tommorow - 

Go to watch NUFC v Bournemouth

Head to Ayr for the game at Somerset....

Or go to Kelso races.............

Difficult choice but I am heading OUT of Dumfries and Galloway into the 

Scottish Borders for a day at Kelso..........

Which means  wins for the South and the Toon.

Should pay decent odds on a wee double.

Ayr have been excellent this season and are top on merit, all credit to Jobby and his players but think the South will just be too good for Ayrshires 2nd team.

Hopefully a good result will quieten the odd Ayr fans who abide in D&G.

Funny that the same people who presumably think Naysmith is a rubbish manager due to their constant criticism of him, indirectly think he is actually a really accomplished manager who can get drastically different tactical performances from the same limited group of players.

Has it crossed anyone’s mind that the ability of our opponents is a factor in how we play, and the results we get? Of course we are going to look world-beaters against the likes of Clyde, Edinburgh City and Falkirk. Equally, teams like Dundee United are going to highlight our weaknesses.

Our drop off in form since Harkins became injured is the most apparent trend I can see. Not whether our manager has been willing to “have a go” or not.

1 hour ago, MUSKYQOS said:

Queens will win this.

Ayr have been excellent this season and are top on merit, all credit to Jobby and his players but think the South will just be too good for Ayrshires 2nd team.

Hopefully a nice wee treble for yourself! Good luck. 

9 hours ago, MUSKYQOS said:

Queens will win this.

Best of luck to King Leon today:thumsup2

Reading the match preview got me thinking. With Adams and Geggan out, that’s the first time in about 5 weeks we’ve not had a full squad to pick from. No injuries or suspensions. That must’ve been the first time or even the first consistent run of games it’s happened under McCall!

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Reading the match preview got me thinking. With Adams and Geggan out, that’s the first time in about 5 weeks we’ve not had a full squad to pick from. No injuries or suspensions. That must’ve been the first time or even the first consistent run of games it’s happened under McCall!

So it begins...:shutup

Archived