Ayr v Queens

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I think we`ll go with.

Martin,

Mercer, Doyle, Semple, Marshall,

Harkins, Jacobs, Todd, Stirling,

Dykes,

Dobbie.

I think that`s the same 11 from when we fluked a 5-0 win in September. Harsh on young Norman to miss out.

Semple should be in the side but is GN really going to drop his vice captain for a 19 year old loanee.

Even though Semple has been  excellent this season.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SueSue said:

Semple should be in the side but is GN really going to drop his vice captain for a 19 year old loanee.

Even though Semple has been  excellent this season.

Why not?  Naysmith dropped the captain last year for a young loanee, Thomson for Rankin.

2 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Far too low key this thread. 

Mon Ayr intae this lot, we owe them big time. Ur no, ur no, we're top of the league and ur no.

4-1 the super (whoever plays)

Think we'll take it easy tomorrow, 3-1 to us. :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Far too low key this thread. 

Mon Ayr intae this lot, we owe them big time. Ur no, ur no, we're top of the league and ur no.

4-1 the super (whoever plays)

I'm patiently awaiting several pages of Queens fans arguing over a poorly executed throw-in.

12 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm patiently awaiting several pages of Queens fans arguing over a poorly executed throw-in.

Our throw-ins  are feckin annoying for the most part tbf,   but we have a long throw expert now.  Goalkeeper's kick-outs/failure to come for crosses will probably be the moan of the day. It's probably a sign of how on top of a game you are if poor throw-ins are near the top of points for discussion. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Ally said:

I think this is how we will line up with Adams and Geggan out. 3-1 to the super with Moore x2, Shankland and Dobbie scoring.

LINEUP111541772621664.png

Pretty much agree with that although I'd maybe have Moffat in for McDaid as his link up play is better. Having said that he's not been at his best the past couple of games but I also believe that McDaid is better when he comes off the bench.

Again, it's great to have options.........

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Adams is injured and Geggan is unwell so both will be missing for tomorrow’s game.

The fermer "injured" and Geggan unwell, cold sweats thinking about Dobbie more like.  The fear has got to them. 

Bit wary about this game considering we've been pretty hopeless in the first half of the last two games, need to start well from the beginning in this game to make sure we don't get caught out like down at Palmerston.

Overall I wouldn't say we've been playing that well recently but still getting the results, think we're due a good performance so I'm going 3-1 Ayr.

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Moore

Bit wary about this game considering we've been pretty hopeless in the first half of the last two games, need to start well from the beginning in this game to make sure we don't get caught out like down at Palmerston.

Overall I wouldn't say we've been playing that well recently but still getting the results, think we're due a good performance so I'm going 3-1 Ayr.

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Moore

We've had a lot of games this season where we've been shite in the 1st half and it's taken until the 2nd half to waken up. So the first could be a right snoozefest if both sides are as bad as each other [emoji38]

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:13, Rjc-1988 said:

If GN has learned anything from the past 5/6 games he must surely abandon these negative tactics and start playing to our strengths. Our performances away at Falkirk, home to Ayr, first half v Crusaders and even the 0-0 v Ross County were probably as good as it gets for us. Some of the best football seen for years. There were signs that some of the discerning “floating fans” were thinking about returning but sadly the last few weeks have killed any lingering chances of that happening. Many more negative performances away like Dunfermline and Dundee United will try the patience of even the staunchest “diehards”.

In terms of the end result having a go at Somerset guarantees nothing but it will get the supporters behind the team and make the game a far better spectacle.

We can definitely win on Sat but this becomes extremely unlikely if we sit back and frustrate. The only people that get frustrated are the fans shelling out their hard earned cash to watch the briefest.

Absolutely spot on.

After   the Ayr (H) performance I thought Naysmith had finally seen the error of his ways  or perhaps been given some advice from within to start playing some decent attractive football for us to enjoy.   Sadly, it only lasted 2 weeks and he reverted to type.

The tactics employed in recent away games will not work against Ayr - they are too good for that  -  and will only result in wave after wave of them attacking and scoring freely.

We need to go out from the off, as we did at Palmerston,  and look to take the initiative and build a lead.

That's what I would like to see but if it results in a 'doing' then so be it.  I would far rather we go down having a go than sitting back and taking a beating.

I suspect whatever we try tomorrow it will be a very daunting task as Ayr are on a great run right now and will be desperate to atone for that humiliation at Palmerston.

While I'd agree that we haven't been at our best the past few games, I'd still say we were never in any real danger and also looked better than our respective opposition, that in itself just shows you how far we've come as a team this season.

Anyway, I'd happily take another scrappy win (who says, I don't have a scooby) but can always hope that we'll be back to our "everything clicking" free flowing football, whatever happens, I'm sure Queens will be a very tough test for us.......

Absolutely spot on.
After   the Ayr (H) performance I thought Naysmith had finally seen the error of his ways  or perhaps been given some advice from within to start playing some decent attractive football for us to enjoy.   Sadly, it only lasted 2 weeks and he reverted to type.
The tactics employed in recent away games will not work against Ayr - they are too good for that  -  and will only result in wave after wave of them attacking and scoring freely.
We need to go out from the off, as we did at Palmerston,  and look to take the initiative and build a lead.
That's what I would like to see but if it results in a 'doing' then so be it.  I would far rather we go down having a go than sitting back and taking a beating.
I suspect whatever we try tomorrow it will be a very daunting task as Ayr are on a great run right now and will be desperate to atone for that humiliation at Palmerston.

I do detect that Ayr fully expect to win tomorrow and who can blame them. I must admit that many more of these borefest performances (sugar coated as some sort of tactical masterclass) will drive me to follow our fortunes from the armchair courtesy of Jeff Stelling.

Archived