BLUE TOON v Albion Rovers

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

Seems to be little interest in this match, Peterhead flying so far under the radar they might as well be playing in Australia 🤣🤣🤣

Blue Toon should be far too strong for a struggling Lowland League bound Albion who seem to be doing a COWDEN.

My forecast 5-0 with a Del treble.

Looks as if its going to be very windy at Balmoor hopefully the team are prepared for a battle as Rovers seem  to be getting a bit better & will set up to make things awkward for us. One of those games we sometimes struggle in but in spells last week showed  if we really press teams we can get the job done. We have players that can control a game it will be a day for them to show that as 3 pts is a must.

Potential banana skin here for us imo. Albion are most likely going to sit in and make it hard for us to play, which are the teams we tend to struggle against at balmoor. Hopefully we are able to break them down though and can grind out a result in what is a must-win with Edinburgh up against a Clyde side who still possess players with great quality.

Should have been able to relax for the second half as should have been 5 or 6 ahead combination of missed chances & the Albion keeper blocking others left us with just the 2 goal lead. Playing into the wind 2nd half we struggled to get out of our own half which made it a long 45 minutes especially with Albion getting a goal back with 20 minutes left. Albion actually played decent into the wind 1st half passing the ball fairly well under the wind unfortunately we could not follow suit  & I was certainly glad to hear the final whistle. We have struggled in games like this before so glad to pick up the points to reach the top of the pile.

3 hours ago, Toon 68 said:

Ended up a tough game mainly down to poor finishing , good goal keeping and the howling gale! . Pity our away game to Edinburgh is postponed.  

It was a couple weeks away as we visit Hampden before then, we now are there to be shot down each week and need to get on with that & keep our noses in front,. It was hard playing into the wind today but a bit disappointed that Albion seemed to manage it better than us the experience we have & quality was looking to see us handle it better. After 30 minutes today although 2 up at the time felt we needed at least one or two more goals but passed up lots of chances. Today we got away with it as after conceding it was a hard watch on another day we wont .

Also does anyone know if the midfield player that I thought we had maybe signed is actually signed or not  as he has been warming up the last couple weeks but has not been listed as a sub, would think unless he is something out of the ordinary the local support would rather keep a place spare for Aaron Norris coming back in January to fill a slot there or out wide if needed.

Guest TOPFITTER

Dominating 1st half for Peterhead same in 2nd for Albion. Numerous misses by PH made 2nd 1/2 uncomfortable (Jack’s miss from 8 yards putting it out the ground UNBELIEVABLE !!!). Could this be the “BLUE TOONS’” Montrose season?

Went along to this game. Good day out in the Blue Toon & I like the ground. Very odd game, Peterhead were very strong in the first half and it really should have been 5-0 at HT at least. Second half was much different. Even when taking the effect of the wind into account it was a staggering difference and at some point I thought Rovers were going to snatch a point. Still a deserved win for Peterhead though.

Archived