how man city and psg got away with it

shuggz

Guest DAVIDB69

Financial fair play is more or less illegal and effectively a restraint of trade . Can’t see it being outlawed in European courts eventually

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Financial fair play is more or less illegal and effectively a restraint of trade . Can’t see it being outlawed in European courts eventually

I don't think it's illegal for a governing body to impose a rule. The clubs can leave the organisation. No gun to a head.

Guest Moomintroll

Much as I hate both those clubs, who cares, every penny spent on them means less money to fund Fundamentalist Terrorism so batter in.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's nothing you didn't know already. City and PSG inflated the value of sponsorship deals to allow them to put extra money in.

Ah right. I thought it must be some major new revelation. Many thanks.

17 hours ago, Eckauskas said:

Financial Fair Play is completely useless as long as UEFA are too shit feared to enforce it.

Once in a while they punish a smaller club through FFP to show how serious they are about this, but they don't have the guts to stand up against the big guns.

Man City are taking legal action against Der spiegel.

Quite right too. Sensationalist rubbish.
We all know that Financial accounts can be manipulated within certain boundaries.
The fact that someone in a senior position helped then to ‘construct’ their accounts in a particular manner to pass the test is nothing new in business.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:05, JTS98 said:
On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:49, DAVIDB69 said:

I don't think it's illegal for a governing body to impose a rule. The clubs can leave the organisation. No gun to a head.

I suspect it probably is illegal (or at least unenforceable/worthy of challenge) for any organisation to impose a rule which is in breach of the law.

19 hours ago, Northboy said:

I suspect it probably is illegal (or at least unenforceable/worthy of challenge) for any organisation to impose a rule which is in breach of the law.

It'd be interesting to see a test case.

But I don't see why a governing body can't have a rule that says 'to play in our competition you must only spend x of what you bring in'.

Archived