Your club's biggest jobber

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Is this the Gav Reilly that's been in two  SPFA teams of the year? Don't imagine you'll have many Queens or St Mirren supporters thinking like you. Maybe it's a club thing! 

Maybe it is a club thing. I guess that makes it handy that the thread is called "YOUR club's biggest jobber" and the views of a supporter from any other club are utterly irrelevant.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it is a club thing. I guess that makes it handy that the thread is called "YOUR club's biggest jobber" and the views of a supporter from any other club are utterly irrelevant.

Exactly

Pretty sure most Dundee, Partick and even QoS fans would say Gary Harkins was/is a terrific player but you’d struggle to find one Ayr fan who wouldn’t say he was poor for the most part with us.

Because players move around so much at this level you’re bound to have contradicting views on players from different clubs.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Exactly

Pretty sure most Dundee, Partick and even QoS fans would say Gary Harkins was/is a terrific player but you’d struggle to find one Ayr fan who wouldn’t say he was poor for the most part with us.

Because players move around so much at this level you’re bound to have contradicting views on players from different clubs.

This. Except Stephen Dobbie obviously. :angel

20 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I've struggled with this term jobber. Closest definition I can get is 'a person who does casual or occasional work so that could sum up Harkins pretty well?

I think people are generally using it in the wrestling sense, as in someone whose whole thing is being shit and making others look good by comparison.

Anyway of course people are using it to refer to players' performances with their own sides. I'm getting second-hand embarrassment from the people getting defensive about Gary Harkins (who I personally thought was the best player in an Ayr shirt the one time I saw him, but who demonstrably could not have been less fucked for most of his contract). I'm not seeing any Hibs fans angrily demanding that Morton supporters withdraw their vile slanders against Garry O'Connor.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I think people are generally using it in the wrestling sense, as in someone whose whole thing is being shit and making others look good by comparison.

Anyway of course people are using it to refer to players' performances with their own sides. I'm getting second-hand embarrassment from the people getting defensive about Gary Harkins (who I personally thought was the best player in an Ayr shirt the one time I saw him, but who demonstrably could not have been less fucked for most of his contract).

Cheers man, I feel less of an idiot now :lol:

Archived