Your club's biggest jobber

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

The 6-2 one? You’re being generous tbf. I’d have had him away in January.

That's the game, not about his performances, rather the fact that as a sub and a coach he felt that it was ok for him to sit in the dugout during half time rather than warm up like the rest, he'd have been as well putting a Killie strip on and coming across and ripping the pish out of us that day.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the game, not about his performances, rather the fact that as a sub and a coach he felt that it was ok for him to sit in the dugout during half time rather than warm up like the rest, he'd have been as well putting a Killie strip on and coming across and ripping the pish out of us that day.

That game was a complete disaster and that was the icing on the cake. I was certain coming home from Paisley that McCall would walk after it.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That game was a complete disaster and that was the icing on the cake. I was certain coming home from Paisley that McCall would walk after it.

I knew we were relegated and I also knew St Mirren were going up the next season.

Look on the bright side, Lachlan' patience could be used as a negative regarding Marko but we wouldn't be having this fun if he didn't show more loyalty to managers than most think sensible, myself included.

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

That game I was back in ayr before the full time whistle .that was the game that we knew that was us relegated 

And I think we were still clear of St Mirren at that point IIRC.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not having McCunnie or Whittle. Both are horrendous shouts, Whittle especially. Not sure I even know who Deareden is so he must have been abysmal. Unsure about Ryan as well; who do you mean? D'Angelo only played 1 game did he not? Was he really that bad? Never saw him.

The rest are good shouts though. Shuddersome trash.

Bobby Ryan.

I apologize in advance for bringing back those memories.

McCunnie was fucking dogshit.

Struggled for left back tbf but Whittle was at best below average. 

I picked out all the players with a Queens association cited as jobbers for other teams and got this tasty looking line up.

Kenny Brannigan Asst Manager

Bryn Halliwell/David Hutton

Sandy Hodge

Craig Reid

Andy Dowie

Gerry McLauchlan

Frank McGarvey (player manager - I cheated and added him in myself to make up the 11 cos why not)

Gary Harkins

Jamie Mole

Gavin Reilly

John Stewart

Stewart Kean

17 hours ago, Comrie said:

Did we no pay you to get him on our books? He was an absolute waste of space, a full on jakey in a football shirt.

Following the theme:

GK: Allan Creer

LWB: Jim Fenlon

CB: Atli Gregersen

CB: Andy Dowie

CB: Uros Celcer

RWB: Tim Dreesen

CM: Mark Klok

CM: Tim Chow

CM: Greg Tansey

CF: John Stewart

CF: Maciej Nuckowski

That's incredibly harsh on Dowie and Gregersen.  Dowie was part of a perfectly serviceable back two that went to the Cup Final, and Gregersen played two games, one at left back and one up front.  

For an utter diddy of a centre half, that guy Stuart (?) Malcolm that they signed from St Johnstone was god awful.

And you could probably have a 1-11 of terrible goalkeepers.  Dave Cormack, Craig Samson, Colin Stewart, Kevin Morgan, Barry Thompson...

Whittle was a midfielder and never a left back, was forced there with everything going on.

Nobody putting Iain Campbell in there? He was vilified beyond belief at times despite being poor at worst.

I'd put Paddy Boyle at left back, utter utter shitebag.

Right back is difficult though. We've been fairly blessed over the years, if not steady. I'm sure there's a white dog shit in there somewhere.

11 hours ago, Russ said:

My attempt at a team would be

Scott Higgins

Ross Perry
Camille Oponga
Mehdi Khalis
Joe Chalmers

Stephen Bradley
Paul Paton
Tom Owen-Evans

John Stewart
Davide Xausa
Kjartan Finnbogasson

Probably forgot a few contenders and the likes of Haber, Lewis and Fasan are only just missing out.

I strangely quite liked Finnbogasson. I felt his link up play and work rate was excellent but badly needed a goal to his name. The longer the goal drought went on the worse the misses became though. I watched him for a side in Iceland a few years back where he bagged a hat trick.

Would agree with the rest though.

8 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Bobby Ryan.

I apologize in advance for bringing back those memories.

McCunnie was fucking dogshit.

Struggled for left back tbf but Whittle was at best below average. 

Ah.

Nah McCunnie was alright. Definitely shouldn't even be mentioned in such a conversation. Likewise Whittle. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Whittle was a midfielder and never a left back, was forced there with everything going on.

Nobody putting Iain Campbell in there? He was vilified beyond belief at times despite being poor at worst.

Right back is difficult though. We've been fairly blessed over the years, if not steady. I'm sure there's a white dog shit in there somewhere.

Blasphemy.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That's incredibly harsh on Dowie and Gregersen.  Dowie was part of a perfectly serviceable back two that went to the Cup Final, and Gregersen played two games, one at left back and one up front.  

Dowie was away by that point. He was rubbish but I initially thought he was better than Alex Keddie. Then Keddie was paired with Scott Boyd and looked like a different player.

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

Dowie was away by that point. He was rubbish but I initially thought he was better than Alex Keddie. Then Keddie was paired with Scott Boyd and looked like a different player.

I stand corrected.  I still think he has no place in an all time lousy County team though.

On 02/11/2018 at 20:46, senorsoupe said:

In recent seasons I would say either Nadir Ciftci, Carlton Cole, Colin Kazim-Richards, or Tyler Blackett.  Good for other teams but not for Celtic

I think Tyler Blackett is a stand out jobber compared to the others. Nadir had skill but is one of thise players who lose match fitness after 2 weeks  and struggles to be a cog (needs to be a main man). Kazim had decent enough awareness of others around him but not a natural finisher. Carlton would be the closest as his main asset was his physique but his legs had absolutely gone by the time he was with us. It was no wonder Deila was on a hiding to nothing when he was left to sign to guys like him.

Tyler Blackett on the other hand, I have no idea how he got games for Man U, especially at left back. For a big athletic looking guy he seemed to be really slow, add on to that little composure and lack of awareness. I can remember thinking we did well to get a guy like him on loan but after a few games I couldnt see anything that he offered other than strength.  In a way he reminded me a bit of  a young Stephen McManus but even slower and with no nous despite having some first team experience. 

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

For an utter diddy of a centre half, that guy Stuart (?) Malcolm that they signed from St Johnstone was god awful.

And you could probably have a 1-11 of terrible goalkeepers.  Dave Cormack, Craig Samson, Colin Stewart, Kevin Morgan, Barry Thompson...

I thought Dowie was absolutely rotten. Big Atli could barely run- sure I saw him play against Elgin and the big lad up front for Elgin skinned him every time he had the ball.

Nah. He was highly rated at Airdrie, did well at Ayr but was fucking howling for us.

Had one good season for us the year we went up. Was absolutely shite the year we went down and was mediocre at best last season.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not having McCunnie or Whittle. Both are horrendous shouts, Whittle especially. Not sure I even know who Deareden is so he must have been abysmal. Unsure about Ryan as well; who do you mean? D'Angelo only played 1 game did he not? Was he really that bad? Never saw him.

The rest are good shouts though. Shuddersome trash.

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Ross Millen is probably the worse tbh, him or Jason Thomson for me. 

Smith

Millen-Urqhurt-Young-Boyle

Daquin-Burns-McCausland- Morrison

Reilly - Hamilton 

Diddies galore. 

Archived