Your club's biggest jobber

From the end of the Daziel era to McCalls team of the last two years you would be lucky to pick a team of players who weren't jobbers. 

Craig Conway, Stewart Kean, Ryan Stevenson (first time) were the only players who moved up the way. Some went straight to juniors and some gave up during. 

Stainrod signed some belters, Cameron Connie, Tam Smith, Gary Paterson, Ross Tannock, Paul Shepherd, Julian Dow. 

Everyone Neil Watt signed

99% of the juniors the two Rabs signed

Football genius Mark Roberts signing Davie Sinclair, Ryan McStay, Anthony Marenghi  and Ally fucking Brown, BJ Corr was bad but at least he had the decency to leave, even if it was at half time. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

(1) Scott Higgins;

(2) Brendan McIntyre, (5) Mehdi Khalis, (4) Camille Opongo, (3) Joe Tortolano;

(7) Stephen Watson, (6) John McVeigh, (8) Stephen Bradley, (11) Rakish Bingham;

(9) Ally Graham Snr, (10) Dougie Robertson

Subs:

Scott Flinders,

Neil Berry,

Patrice Tano,

Dennon Lewis,

Paul Paton,

Hugh Hill,

Billy McNeill

WHAT A FUCKING TEAM

Dougie "Sumo" Robertson- Jim Duffy said "Pound for pound, Dougie Robertson's worth a million"!

Billy McNeill scored a few for the Shire- didn't Falkirk sign him on the back of that? Ended up at Meadowbank and was.... fairly shite.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Jamie Mole was 19 when he was on loan at also, what's your point? 

You asked for the player with the least amount of talant while with the club and that was Young or Urquhart IMO. 

You see no difference between a guy who'd played a bunch of first team games for Hearts and a youth team defender?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I shall also nominate Lewis Allan, Paul George, Jamie Harris, Jason Thomson, Jamie Squires, Ged Brannen and Jesper Christiansen. Shite.

A fine list of Pars jobbers, although I think Jason Thomson doesn't quite belong in that company. He was poor for us - no doubt - but we're talking uber jobbers here.

From the end of the Daziel era to McCalls team of the last two years you would be lucky to pick a team of players who weren't jobbers. 
Craig Conway, Stewart Kean, Ryan Stevenson (first time) were the only players who moved up the way. Some went straight to juniors and some gave up during. 
Stainrod signed some belters, Cameron Connie, Tam Smith, Gary Paterson, Ross Tannock, Paul Shepherd, Julian Dow. 
Everyone Neil Watt signed
99% of the juniors the two Rabs signed
Football genius Mark Roberts signing Davie Sinclair, Ryan McStay, Anthony Marenghi  and Ally fucking Brown, BJ Corr was bad but at least he had the decency to leave, even if it was at half time. 

Giving Anthony Marenghi a 2 year deal was criminal.

At least with McCall he’s not brought anyone to the club you could label a “jobber”.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Dan Turner

Not admissible. I think I am much worse than Dan Turner, and I didn’t play for the Bairns first team either.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Giving Anthony Marenghi a 2 year deal was criminal.

At least with McCall he’s not brought anyone to the club you could label a “jobber”.

Craig Reid would maybe be pushing it a bit as a jobber, played here and there last season, was a bit indifferent and has gone to the Lowland league straight from full time. 

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You see no difference between a guy who'd played a bunch of first team games for Hearts and a youth team defender?

A fine list of Pars jobbers, although I think Jason Thomson doesn't quite belong in that company. He was poor for us - no doubt - but we're talking uber jobbers here.

Thomson seemed massively out of his depth in the SPL. He was atrocious and I recall the 0-3 Christmas Eve pumping by St Johnstone as memorably bad.

In fact I've found highlights of that game;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/16334662

:lol: Fucking hell. The defending there. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thomson seemed massively out of his depth in the SPL. He was atrocious and I recall the 0-3 Christmas Eve pumping by St Johnstone as memorably bad.

I'm not going to click on that as I was there and it was bad enough watching it once. Does Chris Smith no palm a corner into his own net?

Thomson was shite but most of the squad was out of their depth, with the exceptions of Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Paul Gallacher.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm not going to click on that as I was there and it was bad enough watching it once. Does Chris Smith no palm a corner into his own net?

Thomson was shite but most of the squad was out of their depth, with the exceptions of Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Paul Gallacher.

Yes he does :lol:

Thomson is at fault for the 2nd and 3rd, and shortly after their first made a huge error that should have resulted in a goal, which ended with Sandaza hitting the bar when he had almost an open goal.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That second goal... good lord.

Craig Reid would maybe be pushing it a bit as a jobber, played here and there last season, was a bit indifferent and has gone to the Lowland league straight from full time. 
TBF to Reid he came into the side the last few games before he got injured against Stranraer when we had practically no defenders and steadied the ship but agree at points in the season he was brutal

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Merry ChrisSmith indeed.

He was only playing because Barlow got crocked at Tynecastle in the previous game.  He was so bad I felt nothing but pity.

Remember both games clearly, fucking grim. Due to it being obvious that Smith had confidence issues I remember him getting a good ovation at the start of the game coming to the Norrie, only for him to do that, nightmare. 

I never saw any of our wins that season, only missed one home game all season as well... 

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

In this context no, they were both 19, Kerr Young had be earmarked as a future first team player before the nonsense started and it turned out he just wasn't very good. 

Those highlights just reminded me, Paul fucking Burns. 

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Jonathan Toto is a name that sticks out as having played against us for Morton (albeit as a loanee iirc) and looked a bona fide jobber.

Another name for ourselves that came to mind was Bryn Halliwell - never, ever felt comfortable seeing him in goal for us.

We were supposed to have him for a couple of months because at the time First Division clubs could sign amateurs outside the window, SPL clubs couldn't and Hearts had him lined up as a signing but wanted him to get game time before January. I suspect Allan Moore actually did something horrible to Jim Jefferies and duping him into signing Toto was his revenge. We've all seen some awful players, but Toto was genuinely not a footballer.

Archived