Your club's biggest jobber

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Paton.

Honestly no idea how he spent so long in the Premiership and been capped for Northern Ireland. He just lumbers around the middle of the park not getting close enough to be able to close down the opposition and anytime he does he gives away a stupid foul and gets booked. Seems unable to pass the ball as well genuinely reckon his passing percentage for this season will be under 50%.

Brings absolutely nothing to the team.

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Which player in your club's history stands above the rest as the worst to have ever put on the shirt?

This doesn't include personality or attitude; just the individual with the least amount of talent, who also produced nothing positive during his time with the club.

For the Pars, I'm going to lead with Jamie Mole.

Disagree with that, he's miles above some of the absolute jobbers that played for us under Jeffries/Potter. The worst IMO was either Stuart Urqhuat or Kerr Young, two dreadful defenders. Young performance against Alloa is one of the worst I've ever seen from a CB. 

I am torn here between two. It’s either Paul Paton or Paul Paton.

To be fair, if he got back in the side, Dallison might give him some competition.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Young performance against Alloa is one of the worst I've ever seen from a CB. 

He was only 19 FFS :lol: 

Harsh to criticise someone who only got a game because we were in the midst of financial ruin and had almost no one else.

Jamie Mole, a striker who once started a Champions League qualifier, made 79 appearances in Scottish football between October 2006 and May 2010.

He scored two goals during that period.

19 minutes ago, MacArab said:

After the last 3 seasons I can't even fucking begin to answer this....:huh:

Yeah is this time limited?  Maybe 5 years would be a good cut off or we can embark on ancient history.

32 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He was only 19 FFS :lol: 

Harsh to criticise someone who only got a game because we were in the midst of financial ruin and had almost no one else.

Jamie Mole, a striker who once started a Champions League qualifier, made 79 appearances in Scottish football between October 2006 and May 2010.

He scored two goals during that period.

Jamie Mole was 19 when he was on loan at also, what's your point? 

You asked for the player with the least amount of talant while with the club and that was Young or Urquhart IMO. 

10 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Taylor Morgan. was like bambi on ice. no control not sure if he ever scored. worst striker I've seen.

He didn't.

And my answer, as stated on a few threads over the years, is Stephen Bradley. Fuxake, I've only just recovered from his performance in a 0-2 Hibs defeat in about 2008. Paton has aggression to his name at least and will try to get about and put a foot in. SB did nothing. Like, literally nothing.

Normally when you suggest a player that's been around a few clubs, fans of one club go "ah he was good for us". 

Sean Kilgannon was not good for anyone. 

In more recent times both Gabriel Piccolo and Matthias Pogba had jacked in the game shortly after leaving us and well before the age of 30, although Pogba apart from leeching off his younger brother did go on to score the winner in a Rotterdam Derby vs feyenoord the season he left us. 

Think there could be a few candidates from the current team if this thread is bumped in 2 years time but trying to avoid too much recency bias. 

He didn't.
And my answer, as stated on a few threads over the years, is Stephen Bradley. Fuxake, I've only just recovered from his performance in a 0-2 Hibs defeat in about 2008. Paton has aggression to his name at least and will try to get about and put a foot in. SB did nothing. Like, literally nothing.
I wikipediad Taylor Morgan after posting this he played 10 times for Falkirk (seemed like a full season to me) and never scored. in his career he scored a total of 12 goals in 8 years as a striker. 1.5 goals a season.

my other irritant in the way he played was Carl Finnegan but his record was 25 goals in about 120 games so at least he scored so can't be him.

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Everyone mentions Bradley's performance against Hibs as being awful - I was there (a 2-0 defeat and one of Yogi's strangest team selections I recall), but was just a wean. How was so bad?

Really? I thought it was only me that had a bee in my bonnet about him.

He did nothing. Couldn't run, pass, shoot, head, tackle, get in the way successfully, take a throw in right, tie his own shoelaces... you get the idea.

He only played what, 8-10 games maybe? But that night was the nadir of his spell with us for me.

I also fully agree with the Taylor Morgan shout, and would throw in Rakish Bingham as an utter waste of space too. I'm long enough in the tooth I could list many, many more, as could plenty others on here, but these are at least recent.

Archived