Gloryhunting c***s of football

banana

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

ive a mate who moved to NI from Scotland,his take is that next to no one goes to games there and the only football they talk about at work on a Monday morning is EPL.he does go to games,he adopted his mrs hometown club Coleraine and people think hes a bit strange choosing to go to NI footy. Ive been at Belfast airport heading home after a visit at a weekend and ive frequently seen loads of folks heading to EPL games.

the impression I get is that the proximity of the EPL/ugly sisters is in no way beneficial to the game in NI

That's not true, crowds are poor but "not next to no one goes", IPL crowds are reasonably healthy particularly for the top 6 or so - Linfield, Cliftonville, Crusaders, Glentoran, Coleraine, Ballymena, Glenavon would all have fairly healthy supports particularly when going well - not sure how Portadown's crowds are holding up in Division Two (or whatever it's called "Championship" - surprise, surprise! I think). Northern Ireland has a population approximately only the size of Birmingham, though I doubt if you added up all the attendees at all the 3 divisions it would reach Aston Villa's/Birmingham City's attendance, facilities are generally good to reasonable and the social clubs can be great entertainment pre and post match.

A lot of local fans are NI glory hunters on a local level following Linfield. Two mates of mine support Linfield over closer clubs but to be fair to them they do attend matches. Another mate is a Crusaders fan, but to be fair to him he lived and worked in Belfast for 40 years.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's not true, crowds are poor but "not next to no one goes", IPL crowds are reasonably healthy particularly for the top 6 or so - Linfield, Cliftonville, Crusaders, Glentoran, Coleraine, Ballymena, Glenavon would all have fairly healthy supports particularly when going well - not sure how Portadown's crowds are holding up in Division Two (or whatever it's called "Championship" - surprise, surprise! I think). Northern Ireland has a population approximately only the size of Birmingham, though I doubt if you added up all the attendees at all the 3 divisions it would reach Aston Villa's/Birmingham City's attendance, facilities are generally good to reasonable and the social clubs can be great entertainment pre and post match.

A lot of local fans are NI glory hunters on a local level following Linfield. Two mates of mine support Linfield over closer clubs but to be fair to them they do attend matches. Another mate is a Crusaders fan, but to be fair to him he lived and worked in Belfast for 40 years.

I used to go and watch Glentoran when I lived in East Belfast and have still nipped down the odd time now

As said earlier a lot of people here just don't follow the local game.wether only supporting an EPL or OF team is gloryhunting is debatable.

On 08/11/2018 at 17:56, Herman Hessian said:

i first stated on here reading about the whole Rangers debacle

You are one of many barely-literate tossers who joined P&B just to post about Rangers, then.

Sad.  We used to have a terrific forum.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are one of many barely-literate tossers who joined P&B just to post about Rangers, then.

If it's that bad then why don't you f**k off back to followfollow, where you fit in better with your fellow bigoted child abuse obsessed orcs?

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

yup - barely literate - that's me; now, go and work out the difference between "reading about" and "posting about" and then come back and talk to me about comprehension, there's a good chap

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

If it's that bad then why don't you f**k off back to followfollow, where you fit in better with your fellow bigoted child abuse obsessed orcs?

:lol: Idiot.

Serious question to The Mods.   We all know that the poster in question is about as stupid as it gets whilst still being able to use a keyboard.  We also know that had a Rangers fan used 'child abuser' as a gibe then he'd be rightly banned.  Are we now led to believe that being, "child abuse obsessed" is an acceptable epithet?

37 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

yup - barely literate - that's me; now, go and work out the difference between "reading about" and "posting about" and then come back and talk to me about comprehension, there's a good chap

Your Rangers fixation combined with your masterclass in punctuation simply makes you EveryDiddy.  It's a real shame as we used to have some decent posters on here.

Archived