weather watch

Sancho Panza

I thought your manager could walk on water?
^^^^^^^^^^^
Up all night constantly refreshing P&B, desperate for somebody to even remotely refer to Whitletts so he can have another dig at Grierson.

Does he realise that everybody, and I mean everybody, is laughing at him ?

Games that do go ahead could be pretty farcical today with the wind. In some respects I really hope the referee’s take this into account!!

I don't recall many SPFL games being postponed because of strong winds, so I'm not sure if it's in a referee's remit to cancel a game for that reason.

An Irvine Meadow v Clydebank game was postponed a few years ago. The ref asked the Bankies goalkeeper to take a kick out and the ball sailed back over his head. Game off. Bankies fans were raging. They had used their pocket money up travelling.

I don't recall many SPFL games being postponed because of strong winds, so I'm not sure if it's in a referee's remit to cancel a game for that reason.

I’m sure it is. I’m sure there was a Talbot game a few years back (maybe against Pollok) that was abandoned due to strong winds or maybe I imagined it lol.

Talbot v Pollok a few seasons back was abandoned because of high winds.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:
Games that do go ahead could be pretty farcical today with the wind. In some respects I really hope the referee’s take this into account!!

I seem to remember a game at Arbroath being either cancelled or abandoned not so long ago due to high winds.

Archived