When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Just curious that you claim to be familiar with Leith but don't know the names of Leith pubs.

Seriously?

You are trying to pull me up on the name of a bar that for almost all of my life was called The Boundary bar, had a line noting Leith and Edinburgh, and is now called City Limits (or some other pish)?

Anyone who was ever born or brought up in Leith would know exactly where I was talking about, likewise the Tommy Younger (if anyone happened to refer to that) regardless of current name.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Seriously?

You are trying to pull me up on the name of a bar that for almost all of my life was called The Boundary bar, had a line noting Leith and Edinburgh, and is now called City Limits (or some other pish)?

Anyone who was ever born or brought up in Leith would know exactly where I was talking about, likewise the Tommy Younger (if anyone happened to refer to that) regardless of current name.

I'm not trying to pull you up on anything, just curious that someone who claims to know Leith doesn't know the names of Leith pubs.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I'm not trying to pull you up on anything, just curious that someone who claims to know Leith doesn't know the names of Leith pubs.

Born in the Eastern mate, I dont need to claim anything (except the dole for my smack habit, of course)

9 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Not everybody defines a place by its pubs.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Ah. You're a Seafielder. Explains a lot.

Not so much, my parents had moved from Pilton to  Silverknowes at that time,  I imagine it was a toss up between Simpsons up town or the Eastern?

I stay in the Southside now, but a mate who has never strayed from EH6 and was a fierce Leither was always gutted because my passport had Leith as place of birth, whereas his had Edinburgh :thumsup2

Unfortunately when I got a new passport, Leith wasnt allowed so now says Edinburgh ;)

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Lennon  behaves like a dick and some arsehole reacts by throwing a coin at him.

Now it's the f*cking KKK and half of Scotland are anti-Irish, anti-Catholic racists. 

You've got to admire Lennon....he's now managed to take his self-pitying victimhood to new levels. Get your own f*cking mental problems sorted out first before tarring the rest of us with your lies and pish. 

^^^^^ f**k sake. State of that.

Spooky coincidence: just switched on my TV and a repeat of an old Simpsons was on - Homer was goading the opposing fans at an American football game and somebody threw a beer can at him. He ducked and carried on goading them and was knocked flat by a beer keg.

50 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Great to see all these celtic types becoming conscious to the dangers of victim blaming. Progress lads, well done.

Shay.jpg

I thought Shay Logan was a dickhead even before the Tonev incident. Still think he’s a dick, Tonev incident aside. Nice to see you use Logan’s race incident as a tool to clobber Celtic fans with though. That’s classy.

I thought Shay Logan was a dickhead even before the Tonev incident. Still think he’s a dick, Tonev incident aside. Nice to see you use Logan’s race incident as a tool to clobber Celtic fans with though. That’s classy.
"I thought Shay Logan was a dickhead even before the Tonev incident"

*pantomime voice*

Oh no you didn't.

Celtic fans are racist and sectarian bigots. That's not even in dispute.

I don't see it ending any time soon when there are so many apologists in their support who fail to see their own problems and think it's only the prod teams that are the bigots.

Sorry to burst your bubble but “oh yes I did”. You see, that’s the mistake that many make about Logan and that is to think that anyone who doesn’t like him is obviously a racist. I know a few fans of other clubs who think he is the same. Logan is another one of those players who, and I don’t necessarily subscribe to this belief, that some think ‘brings things on himself’ by way of his actions. He’s been like that for a while. I think he courts controversy, just like Lennon, but that’s it and not to as great a degree. He’s a figure others love to hate and that’s not solely down to the Tonev thing. The Tonev matter, for some, has ramped it up a notch. Logan deserves to be criticised for his actions, shouted at and maybe a few swear words thrown in, but doesn’t deserve anything more. FYI, there are Celtic fans who don’t like him for who he is but will keep quiet about it for risk of being branded racist just for having a negative opinion of him. That’s now the world we’re living in.

17 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Seemed to take him a long time to go down.

26 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

Lennon hitting the floor unnecessary ?

And what does that have to do with things? Would he have more credence if he stayed on his feet instead, as well as being hit with a coin. Makes no difference.

Archived