• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ludo*1

When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

Just now, Jdog said:

It's blatantly obvious that the Footballing authorities and the MSM turn a blind eye to sectarianism here, that's clearly highlighted when they play in Europe and don't sing their crap ,because they know they will,and have been fined for it.

The poppy stuff is in bad taste but not sectarian, the IRA stuff is offensive to some , but not sectarian , however songs about 'orange b's' ' killing Catholics' and 'ftp' are...and those ones should result in fines but the SFA are gutless.

The Celtic supporters were singing party tunes against Leipzig. I heard the Broad Black Brimmer loud and clear and there were probably other less tuneful and tasteful numbers. We won't be fined for that. We'll be fined for pyro. 

The most widespread singing of rebel songs at a home game was in Europe against Linfield. I think your theory doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

If there is a difference, I'd say at  domestic away games it's easier for bams to go and they'll go on the same buses and sit together.

Another thing I wonder about is do Scottish people get extremely Helen Lovejoy when Conor McGregor walks out to an Irish rebel song commemorating the early IRA before every fight?

Another thing I wonder about is do Scottish people get extremely Helen Lovejoy when Conor McGregor walks out to an Irish rebel song commemorating the early IRA before every fight?

You what?

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Wow, how stunningly irrelevant. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

emoji1.png

You what?

The Foggy Dew. Pretty sure no one posts pictures of the two boys who died in Warrington on UFC threads.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

The Foggy Dew. Pretty sure no one posts pictures of the two boys who died in Warrington on UFC threads.

Why don't you go and discuss it there then.

I don't find it particularly offensive, it's just fucking embarrassing.

Never because authorities only want to punish the small teams and avoid the big elephant in the room with Celtic and New Rangers.  Continue to let them away with and it will never go away no matter how many punishments are handed out to the provincial clubs.

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Why don't you go and discuss it there then.

Because I am not the one taking great issue with any connection between sport and Irish rebel tunes.

7 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Until the poppys up their game and speak out about this abhorrent abuse, nothing will happen.

As for the Dundee fans, i'm sure they were on their best behaviour as always and not singing from a book borrowed from another disgusting excuse for a club.

Go on...

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Hello Hello. 

What about it?

This question has been asked time and time again and the clear answer appears to be never, only way you would ever get clubs cracking down on it is repeated fines or stadium bans that would hit the pockets of the offending clubs which would force them to take action, the SFA would never consider this due to the backlash they would get from fans and probably the media.

The big elephant in the room is society and the ingrained views folk have been taught (brainwashed) from being a child, no idea how you can go about changing that tbh.

Just now, Dee Man said:

What about it?

Is it a song you have borrowed from another disgusting excuse for a club? (Bawwatchin's choice of words). 

10 minutes ago, The OP said:

I'm going to assume I'm being whooshed and move on from this post.

Is it a song you have borrowed from another disgusting excuse for a club? (Bawwatchin's choice of words). 
Manchester United?

Just now, The OP said:

No.

I see you've also said earlier that Dundee fans were singing the Billy Boys so I think your comments can safely be filed in the talking shite section.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

No.

I see you've also said earlier that Dundee fans were singing the Billy Boys so I think your comments can safely be filed in the talking shite section.

I’m pretty sure the song is an American Civil War song and was reworded by the sectarian “Billy Boys” gang also known as the Brigton Derry. This gang took it to the terraces at Ibrox where it became a football club’s anthem. 

It just happened to be the only song sung with any vigour by the Derry end.

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

Because I am not the one taking great issue with any connection between sport and Irish rebel tunes.

No, you most definitely aren't. 

You are, however, perfectly willing to overlook the permanent ubiquity of one of the biggest institutions in the country - Celtic - as compared with a fleeting character in a peripheral sport; in order to make a flawed argument that in order to claim to be offended by something, one must by extension be offended by everything. It's as transparent as it is juvenile.