When Will Bigotry Be Addressed In Scottish Football?

On 11/2/2018 at 00:12, Ludo*1 said:

Barely been a mention of Celtic fans disgraceful behaviour other than PoppyScotland bizarrely coming out with the, 'it's only a minority' chat. (https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/756426/celtic-fans-slammed-for-throwing-fireworks-and-chanting-anti-poppy-song-at-dens-park/ )This isn't a minority and it is quite a regular thing. It is absolutely Scotland's shame and nothing seems to be done about it. On Tuesday night, Celtic had the full IRA song book out and they particularly enjoyed this new ditty:

Then there was the throwing of fireworks at the Dundee fans, to which the police responded by going to the Dundee support and warning the puckle of fans that weren't happy about having firepoppers thrown into the stand where they were seated with their kids. This isn't a one off thing. It needs to be talked about. It needs to be addressed. It's embarrassing that it has barely even merited a mention as it's now just an accepted thing that happens with fans. The other half are just as bad, this isn't an anti-Celtic thing - it's fucking shocking quite frankly that scenes like this now regularly pass without incident.

They'll address the sectarian and bigoted issues in Scotland  once they all calm down from the ' Tommy Robinson to Visit Hearts ' wind up that was doing the rounds of late.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/11/2018 at 03:02, BawWatchin said:

The "sensitive souls" as you put it are the one's who can't get over a past that they weren't even a part of. Imagine being such a snowflake that wars that took place before your time still turn you into a seething, tear stained mess.

Grown men still require nannies it would seem. They clearly aren't stable enough to live independent lives if history older than them has such an impact on their emotional and social well-being.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 13:22, craigkillie said:

Did you express this viewpoint when Dundee brought out their camouflage away strip to "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS"?

There's yer Dundee bringing out another "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" style top.

33 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Think it’s the American owners and their love all things military, ken? emoji57.png

Oft. He seems a bit rattled by us giving to a charity. Bit cringeworthy from our Yank owners, but bigoted? :lol:

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Oft. He seems a bit rattled by us giving to a charity. Bit cringeworthy from our Yank owners, but bigoted? :lol:

Good point.  Having respect for the military or giving money to charities is in no way bigoted in and of itself.  Says a lot about the west coast and Ayrshire that so many people conflate these things.  

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There's yer Dundee bringing out another "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" style top.

I don't really understand our link with the armed forces if I'm being honest, but I'm struggling to see what the problem is unless you're of an Irish, ergo Celtic, persuasion with a problem with British troops stemming from the Troubles. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't really understand our link with the armed forces if I'm being honest, but I'm struggling to see what the problem is unless you're of an Irish, ergo Celtic, persuasion with a problem with British troops stemming from the Troubles. 

This stemmed from G_Man1985 saying that he thought football and politics should be kept completely separate. I gave the original camouflage shirt as an example of Dundee mixing football and politics, and I'm following it up with this one.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This stemmed from G_Man1985 saying that he thought football and politics should be kept completely separate. I gave the original camouflage shirt as an example of Dundee mixing football and politics, and I'm following it up with this one.

Fair enough. 

Archived